Ladle 42 Predictions

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Ladle 42 Predictions

Post by ElmosWorld »

Opening Round:
Still Alive (0) vs. Dark Syndicate (2) – I’ve never really heard of anyone from sa, so I believe DS will take this one pretty easily.

Tronners Unlimited(2) vs. The Immortals (0) - Cody's last second entry won't stand a chance.

Sweet Sixteen:
Team.uNk (2) vs. Dark Syndicate (0) – Team Unknown will start this ladle strong with a quick victory over DS.

Immortal Dynasty (0) vs. Crazy Tronners Alpha (2) – CTA, coming off a disappointing Ladle 41, will not lose in their first match again. They will beat ID even in the US server.

Ironside (2) vs. Twixted Xats (1) – TX coming off a victory over CTA last ladle will take the first match against Ironside, but the new team will pull it together and win the next two.

Open Team (0) vs. The Collective (2) – This new clan will have no trouble against the Open team, no matter who is playing.

PRU (0) vs. Tronners Unlimited (2) – Tu will finally come together as team. The matches will be close but Tu will beat PRU.

Speeders (2) vs. Crazy Tronners Beta (0) – Speeders lost to YIDG last ladle and will be looking to start strong this ladle.

SPD (2) vs. UNA (0) – Even with the addition of az95 and Loki, uNa won’t be able to beat to beat SPD.

uNk.Team (2) vs. Rogue Tronners (0) – uNk.Team will win the first match. The second match will be close, but the uNk.Team will edge out R, leaving them stunned.

Elite Eight
Team.uNk (1) vs. Crazy Tronners Alpha (2) – In what will be a good match, CTA will just barely beat Team.uNk.

Ironside (2) vs. The Collective (0) – The YIDG team that won last ladle is split between both teams. Concord and the other Ironside member will be able to beat liz, eckz, and the other members of the Collective.

Tronners Unlimited (2) vs. Speeders (1) – Tu almost beat Speeders before; the match came down to the last point. That match was in an EU server and this one will be in a US server. That will be the difference as Tu will get its first seed.

SPD (0) vs. uNk.Team (2) – uNk.Team will get a seed for Team Unknown this year. The matches will be very close but uNk will win the first two.

Final Four:
Crazy Tronners Alpha (2) vs. Ironside (0) – CTA will beat Ironside in a relatively quick match to advance to the finals.

Tronners Unlimited (2) vs. uNk.Team (1) – Tu vs. uNk for the 3rd ladle in a row. However it’s not the same team that they faced before and Tu will advance to the finals.

Chamopionship:
Crazy Tronners Alpha(2) vs. Tronners Unlimited(0) – CTA will win the ladle.

EDIT: Added Tu vs Immortal to the opening round.
Last edited by ElmosWorld on Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Re: Ladle 42 Predictions

Post by gawdzilla »

my clan will fail in the first round resulting in a major argument, afterwards we disband. tu loses to pru, swiss team wins the ladle even though theyre not on the bracket.

the end.
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

nono. Me, eckz, and lisa win our second ladle in a row!

or the above happens. :(
THEred
Core Dumper

Post by THEred »

gawdzilla wrote:my clan will fail in the first round resulting in a major argument, afterwards we disband. tu loses to pru, swiss team wins the ladle even though theyre not on the bracket.

the end.
much better predictions right there
red
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

My eye is on TX this Ladle. Unless Durka decides to text his face off the whole time <-- it happens. I'm hoping the Superbowl keeps him away from his computer. Hoax, Rudy, Raph, Deso, Durka +1 may have the ability to make it to the final 4 with CTa. We all know what happens then.

My other eye is on my UPS tracking order for iPhone 4. Luckily no post on Sundays (according to Harry Potter book 1), so that other eye will be on Ironside. I know from personal experience that Concord puts together good teams, and this one looks especially dangerous. 1200, freako, Olive, teen, pressure, and... dubby?! I think this team could reinvent the lightcycle.

My other eye is on uNk. I don't know which one though. One of the two, maybe both, are uncharacteristically blood thirsty for a first Ladle win. I think they're doing something interesting with balanced teams. I never really realized that until I looked closely at their rosters. madmax playing for uNk scares me :o 0ma scares me. noob13 seriously uses outside corner grinding hacks, but he won't admit it. Mkay-1 still hasn't found his mojo since Plus. Mazuffer never scared me too much because his name reminds me of a fluffy bunny. Potter you rotter. Wildcat hide ya huzbands.

My other other eye is on Speeders because I've noticed an inflex of activity recently :P Plus insanity's an angry bird and I don't trust him. If PsYkO plays, which I'm counting on the Superbowl commercials keeping him away too, they could be a threat.

I haven't seen titan much lately, so I don't know how dangerous that team is. I usually gauge their strength on his abilities. Poke is always solid and Lacka created the Lackattack. I'm just going to pretend they're not playing. They're on the other side of the brackets anyway.

You know what, I'm just going to hope that the Superbowl keeps all American players away. So, my prediction: CTa vs CTb finals and we both stop, shake hands, take photos, and instead of playing finals, we share the Ladle win as an overall CT championship.
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

Heh, cool appa. I very much enjoyed reading that.
----------------------------------------------------
Poke's predictions:

Opening Round
Team.uNk vs. ~bye~15
jk, gz unk.

Still Alive vs. Dark Syndicate
I can't say I know much about either clan, but I've heard/seen that .sa has some good sumoers, and I know that DS has two new leaders. So, this is really more of a guess than a prediction.

Octa Finals
Team.uNk vs. Still Alive
No way Unk is going out this early in the game (especially to a team I know next to nothing about :o)

Immortal Dynasty vs. Crazy Tronners Alpha
ID has been steadily improving it looks like over the last few ladles, but CTa is (imo) the best fort clan out there. It's hard to believe that they'd lose in their opening rounds two ladles in a row.

Ironside vs. TX
This will be a very interesting match 1) because it will be the first time Ironside reveals its secrets and 2) because TX has been looking more and more like a potential ladle winner over the past couple of months. Despite TX's regrowth though, Ironside's raw skill and element of surprise will win them 2 matches.

Open Team vs. Collective
I can't decide which will be more destructive to OP: liz and spin's swift and seamless holing, or gari's blinding team instachats.

PRU vs. Tronners Unlimited
Explanation? :/ Can't say I've seen much of either in action, or at least, that I've seen each other in action against each other. Besides, this just ensures early on that we all get to see sylla's commentating during the ladle finals when we all watch the recording.

Speeders vs. Crazy Tronners Beta
SP and CTb have met twice in the last 10 ladles, and SP has beat the secondary CT team both times. CTb is actually quite good considering it's been following in the shadow of it's older giant of a brother, but not good enough to get by SP.

SPD vs. UNA
Might be interesting, but clans with "noobs" in their name historically never do well. History changed last ladle when CTa lost first round; it won't change again so soon.

uNk.Team vs. Rogue Tronners
Eek. I would rate this team secondary to the other unk team not just because the name is reversed*, but because both potter and slash are leading the other team. R though, will be weaker than normal, considering the exclusion of some key players. It's really hard to say which way this will go. I actually have a feeling that unk will win this, but I'm going to go with R just so I can predict some more rounds with my favorite team.
*I do believe though, that unk's two teams are decided by randomization, so this "secondary team" concept may not apply. (Though the teams do look near the same as in L41.)

Quarter Finals
Team.uNk vs. Crazy Tronners Alpha
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo interesting. But sorry unk, no how much how I love you guys, CT is just a powerhouse :(

Ironside vs. Collective
Liz, spin, and eckz were on the edge of surprise tactics last ladle. The tables have turned.

PRU vs. Speeders
Sorry word; like sylla, you are destined to be a commentator during the ladle finals.

SPD vs. Rogue Tronners
If R manages to get by unk, then SPD shouldn't be a problem. (Note: if uNk.team is still in it at this point, they will also beat SPD.)

Semi Finals
Crazy Tronners Alpha vs. Ironside
An incredible match, but Ironside's new strategies will leave CTa (and everybody else watching) bewildered. This will be good though, because it will make CTa come back next ladle with a fury.

Speeders vs. Rogue Tronners
R may have gained some momentum if it's gotten this far, but not enough to take out SP without its star players. SP is also thirsty for a ladle, and they won't let their L37/38 arch nemesis stand in their way. (Note: uNk.team also falls out at this point.)

Finals
Ironside vs. Speeders
A really, very fun match to watch; one of the best ladle finals in a while. Though SP wants it bad, Ironside won't let them have it. Gz gm, and thanks olive/mya for bringing home another ladle victory.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
dariv
Round Winner

Post by dariv »

Assuming the brackets are not changed,

Opening round:

Still Alive 2 - 1 DS : This is me being (very?) optimistic, DS have a strong roster.

Final 16

Team.uNk 2 - 0 Still Alive
: Our strategy of "continuous torps" will gain us a respectable score of 10-100, 0-100, against these finalists!
Immortal Dynasty 0 - 2 - CTa : The Kansas server may be under 10ft of snow, but Gonzap and his team will slide to victory
Ironside 0 - 2 TX : I haven't really seen any of Ironside play fort, and TX are strong, so... 2-0
Open Team 0 - 2 Collective : I'm not sure if open team are actually playing, and the Collective look very strong
PRU 2 - 0 TU : At least they didn't draw uNk again! But pRu are hardly an easy opponent.
Speeders 2 - 0 Crazy Tronners Beta : Not much to say here, speeders are very good.
SPD 2 - 0 UNA : The kings of comebacks will arrive just in time to snatch a victory! With the SP clan entering two teams instead of three, I don't think there is any risk of them having to play 3v6 again!
uNk.Team 1 - 2 Rogue Tronners : This is hard to call, if sa lose the opening round, then I'll be watching this one.

Quarter Finals:

Team.uNk 1 - 2 CTa : I don't know what happened last ladle but this one is in Zman's server so I think CTa will just win this one
TX 0 - 2 Collective : After seeing Liz's organisation last time, I think they can do the same again
PRU 0 - 2 Speeders : It will be an interesting match, but I don't think pRu can beat SP's defence
SPD 2 - 1 Rogue Tronners : Another match is tough to call, but on having a second look at SPD's roster, I have to say they will win this one after a tough battle.

Semi-finals:

CTa 2 - 1 Collective : Another tough battle but I think CTa will wear the Collective down. I could be proven wrong, though.
Speeders 2 - 0 SPD : This will be a fun match to watch because you expect them to be familiar with each other's tendencies. I have to go with Speeders.

Final:

CTa 2 - 0 Speeders : One more time, in an EU server I'm remembering ladle 40 and how CTa looked unbeatable. I think they will regain their title!
pLxDari - Challenge us!
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

ElmosWorld wrote: PRU (0) vs. Tronners Unlimited (2) – Tu will finally come together as team. The matches will be close but Tu will beat PRU.
I hope we will get atleast 50 points in one of the two matches ):

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

Opening Round

Dark Syndicate vs Still Alive

Dariv needs to join SP..

Sweet 16

Immortal Dynasty vs Crazy Tronners Alpha

ID loses quickly so Cody can watch me own CTb.

Twisted Xats vs Ironside

Nah..

Open Team vs Collective

Liz is right.

PRU vs Tronners Unlimited

TU is nice but not nice enough for PRU's sweeping trio.

Speeders vs Crazy Tronners Beta

Do I even have to say anything? :D

SPD vs UNA

If our academics don't sweat too much, they can beat them!

Rogue Tronners vs uNk.Team

100-0!

Elite Fight

Team.uNk vs Crazy Tronners Alpha

Beer isn't playing right? :D

TX vs Open Team

Swiss had to leave..

Speeders vs PRU

rawr

Rogue Tronners vs SPD

:Y

Final Four

Team.uNk vs TX

Only idiots miss holes!

Speeders vs Rogue Tronners

Tough game but Slov gets the kill at 98-98 in last match.

Finals

Speeders vs Team.uNk

gz gm Image
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

AI-team wrote:
ElmosWorld wrote: PRU (0) vs. Tronners Unlimited (2) – Tu will finally come together as team. The matches will be close but Tu will beat PRU.
I hope we will get atleast 50 points in one of the two matches ):
Apparently everyone else in the tron community thinks that we have not shot against you.
Cronix
Match Winner

Post by Cronix »

My Predictions

Opening Round

Still Alive - Dark Syndicate 0 - 2
Even though sa is not weak, DS is still better. ;)

The Immortals - Tronners Unlimited 0 - 2
Sorry Cody :(

Sweet Sixteen

Team.uNk - Dark Syndicate 2 - 0
Sry DS ... they have Potter :D

Immortal Dynasty - Crazy Tronners Alpha 0 - 2

.... :)

Ironside - TX 1 - 2
This will be an interesting match to watch. Ironside will challenge TX hard, but in the end the server gives the advantage to Durka.... one more time :D

Open Team - Collective 0 - 2
Sry Liz, but I think you are good enough to hole the Def Master.

PRU -Tronners Unlimited 2 - 0
I think PRU can manage to win this. They want to defend their seed.

Speeders - Crazy Tronners Beta 1 - 2
Last time I gave SP the win. Now slov is with them. So CTb gotta fight 5, because slov will suicide fast or teamkills all :D :D
After 3 intense matches CTb wins the match.

SPD - UNA 2 - 0
UNA is good. SPD is better.

uNk.Team - Rogue Tronners 0 - 2
This is R against uNk. A classic match. Will be nice to watch. But even with 0ma, uNk aint stand a chance against R.

Elite Eight

Team.uNk - Crazy Tronners Alpha 1 - 2
Exciting match. I would like to watch that. CTa will win. Potter you had your chance in the last ladle. You did not use it. Your fault :D

TX - Collective 2 - 1
You are now allowed to disband the team, Liz :D

PRU - Crazy Tronners Beta 0 - 2
Coming from an intense match against SP this will be way easier to win for CTb.

SPD - Rogue Tronners 0 - 2
They have a big academy in their secondary team, but Rogue is sending their Elite out.

Final Four

Crazy Tronners Alpha - TX 2 - 0
Zman's server will not help you Durka. CTa is here to show who the real boss is.

Crazy Tronners Beta - Rogue Tronners 2 - 1
CTb will have the motivation to get the chance of beating CTa in the finals.

Championship

Crazy Tronners Alpha - Crazy Tronners Beta
I do not predict anything for this. This will be the most amazing match in the whole Ladle. Zman get ready for 10000000 people wanna join your server to watch CTa vs. CTb :)

But I think Crazy Tronners Alpha will win.

I am tired of typing now. GL HF all :)
Last edited by Cronix on Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signature? wtf...
matchbox53
Round Winner

Post by matchbox53 »

this is funny always predicitions fails xD
Cronix
Match Winner

Post by Cronix »

I had the lower bracket the last time to 100% right :D
Signature? wtf...
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

Cronix wrote:I had the lower bracket the last time to 100% right :D
Same :D

Well actually, I had the entire bottom part correct which includes uNk losing in the finals :D
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

cronix :roll:
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho