Single Binder Player List

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Single Binder Player List

Post by Concord »

double binds are a crutch of the weak.

Single binding doesn't make players better, better players single bind.
-*inS*-
Round Winner

Post by -*inS*- »

Concord wrote:double binds are a crutch of the weak.

i suppose maybe that is true in sumo, but in open spaces/a non-collapsing zone in fortress is favored toward multibinding players.

Anyways it's not like you have to reconfigure your binds when you switch olive, easy to go sb to db to sb, especially while eating or doing work while you are defending/sumoing.

If Sb players think they are superior why have an SB tourney? Shouldn't they win all the other sumo tourneys as well? It's a handicap when you restrict yourself to one style, funny how people can't see that.
Olive
Match Winner

Post by Olive »

I'd say its the other way around.

Sumo zones shrink, in the end u have survive easier with double binds because of the limited space.

Fotress zones / open grid doesnt shrink. If you have isolated your space in a fortress zone you can literly keep that space forever. There is no time or space pressure. That is where single binding comes in great because there's no true need to double bind. (In some minor occasions throughout the course of being shrinked, yet the true disadvantage of single binding isnt well exploited)

I do reconfigure binds as I sometimes accidentally hit the second bind why I'm trying to single - confusing. Took me a suicide or 2 to adapt but worked well.

And the SB tourny exists because cody gets a boner each time he organises it.
Olive a.k.a ZeMu, MoonFlower & chicken.
dariv
Round Winner

Post by dariv »

Your entire argument is based on the claim that a single finger operating on its own has more accurate timing than a group of fingers working together. I don't have any reason to agree, it's equally easy to make a wide triple turn with practice using 3 fingers, and there is far less tension in your hand as a result.

Sorry if it seems very argumentative, I've had this debate before and so I thought it's best to put my opinion here so I don't have to keep typing the same things when I'm actually playing on the grid. :lol:
pLxDari - Challenge us!
Concord

Post by Concord »

olive is actually correct on that one, dariv

try using two different hands for left and right, that is the type of discoordination, on a much smaller scale, that happens when you use multiple fingers. The fewer communication links between the brain and the controls the better. This is why playing the drums is so hard, or why it is difficult to rub your head with one hand, patty your belly with the other, juggle a soccer ball with your left foot and hop on your right. Everyone uses two for left and right, simply because it takes too long mechanically for one finger to do both.

An (good) analogy is the difference between digital and analog music.
dariv
Round Winner

Post by dariv »

It's the same claim but no evidence.

I'm very interested how digital music is related to this though
pLxDari - Challenge us!
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

Could you all stop discussing about if single binding is better or not? I wanted this list for all to see who is single binding and who is not .. I will stay with singlebinding anyway.
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

single binding is a fashion adopted by a few players because some actual real good players have done it from when they first started playing

sorry dread
Concord

Post by Concord »

dariv wrote: I'm very interested how digital music is related to this though
where's your evidence?
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Concord wrote:double binds are a crutch of the weak.

Truth (opinion).

Although, my experience and observations have been that the better single-binders—many listed in this thread—have little trouble defeating multibinders. Some of the most overrated players in the game are multibinders, based solely on looking fancy, what purposeless "tricks" they can do.
Hoax wrote:single binding is a fashion adopted by a few players because some actual real good players have done it from when they first started playing
Nonsense (empirically).
dreadlord wrote:Could you all stop discussing about if single binding is better or not? ... I will stay with singlebinding anyway.
Right, regardless of any perceived or actual practical advantages or disadvantages to one or the other method, many single-binders do so out of a "philosophy." Some of you like letting the computer and game do half (or more) of the work for you; some of us don't.
Concord

Post by Concord »

Yoda would single bind and play without a cockpit
Lanfear
Average Program

Post by Lanfear »

lol!
-*inS*-
Round Winner

Post by -*inS*- »

Let's put an end to this speculation and have a match between single binders and not single binders.
Olive
Match Winner

Post by Olive »

As if that would determine 'which is better'. lol
Olive a.k.a ZeMu, MoonFlower & chicken.
dariv
Round Winner

Post by dariv »

Concord wrote:
dariv wrote: I'm very interested how digital music is related to this though
where's your evidence?
Have you ever had to make a u-turn in a small space with only a little bit of rubber left? Pressing 2 keys at once is the optimal way of turning to use the least rubber.
pLxDari - Challenge us!