Ladle 41

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Ladle 41

Post by Z-Man »

Wait a bit or fast forward, I try again after a minute or so with more success.
oak
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by oak »

gawdzilla wrote:Z-Man, I'm trying to watch the finals recording but once you press the finals server, it says "server is full" and then nothing happens.
I guess I can move over to this topic. The same thing happened to me but I waiting like 5-10 minutes and it got to the recording.
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

That program to fastforward was easy to find on my mac, but where do I find it on windows?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

You don't. You'd have to use command line arguments.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Code: Select all

armagetronad --playback filename [--fastforward SECONDS]
Lanfear
Average Program

Post by Lanfear »

Where are the recordings? V.v
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

@Nel:
I didn't get the remarks about German shepherds, our supposed disrespect/rudeness/racism. Ai said that he ate too much pizza and I said "scell" (i wanted to say "mach schnell" = "hurry up") when i had to leave. For everything else we probably used /msg or the team's chat. I don't remember what we said there, we didn't talk a lot. Could you please explain your final comment on the match? It feels stupid if you don't know what you are accused of.
Nelhybel
Round Winner

Post by Nelhybel »

Everyone here is aware of my mindless, punk-like temper when I lose my cool (though I've been working very hard to suppress it recently), including you, Word. On that note, I find it intriguing that you sent me a PM earlier today that contained essentially the same question you’ve posted here in public. Why ask the exact same question in public that you could have – and in fact, as I said, already have – asked in private? I take that as a request to have me answer this in public, which I’ll now do (and hopefully without losing my cool 8) ):
Word wrote: we didn't talk a lot.
This simply isn't even remotely true - the amount of chat coming from you guys throughout the game was constantly high, and quite irritating. And the chat is more than the usual silly comments after one dies (which, I will admit, both my team and I are probably also guilty of - though I have not actually had time to go back and watch the match): you guys seem to host full-fledged conversations in the public chat. For instance, when you and I got into a 1-1 one match, your team started leading on a conversation about your tactics - what I found even more bizarre was when you gave up part of our base to participate in the conversation. Maybe it's just me, but I find stuff like that unsportsmanlike and incredibly rude. And this has not just occurred at this Ladle, but also at the previous two Ladles we’ve played against Pru, and also in all of our past clan wars. And we have always asked you guys to please be quiet in the public chat, and we have never noticed a difference.

My comment at the end of the match was needless and pointless, entirely based on past experiences with Pru, completely unrelated to the Ladle – and thus, my apologies to you and the Pru team for that, as that comment had no place in this tournament. You guys played extraordinarily well, no doubt, and as I said elsewhere, many gz for getting your first seed. Our attempts to start public conversations towards the very end in response to the ones Pru was having were also uncalled for, and my apologies for that.

-- uNa|Nelhybel
Feel free to contact me here or on the grid if you would like assistance or support in beginning a relationship with Jesus Christ.
---
uNa| United Noobs of Armagetron Forums
-=}ID< Immortal Dynasty Forums
_~`Ww_ Wild West Forums
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

No need for this! ladle ladle ladle!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Nel: lern2silence.
ladle ladle ladle!
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Nelhybel wrote:Everyone here is aware of my mindless, punk-like temper when I lose my cool (though I've been working very hard to suppress it recently), including you, Word.
No, I'm not. You didn't reply to the PM but this reproach really bothered me, that's why I posted it here once more (because I saw you already read it...but I got impatient :P ).
Nelhybel wrote:For instance, when you and I got into a 1-1 one match, your team started leading on a conversation about your
tactics - what I found even more bizarre was when you gave up part of our base to participate in the conversation. Maybe it's just me, but I find stuff like that unsportsmanlike and incredibly rude. And this has not just occurred at this Ladle, but also at the previous two Ladles we’ve played against Pru, and also in all of our past clan wars. And we have always asked you guys to please be quiet in the public chat, and we have never noticed a difference.
Heh, I didn't give up your base because I had fun doing so, I was sliding the whole time and kept teleporting. Should I just have suicided? Why didn't you just kill my bot or me when you have the zone again? Ai said that it was my chance to prove that I don't suck, we had 94 points and I knew I had to go soon so I wanted to start the new match as soon as I had the chance. I often talk during 1v1s because then I have time for it. When I'm defender I'm alive and have to pay attention the whole time. I was surprised how quiet we were during these matches, that's why your blame bewilders me. If you've seen some of the other matches (oracle, asl, unk), you'll find that there was a lot more spam. We didn't insult you. You can either silence all or get used to it. Teams need a minimum of communication to be successful.

I accept your apologies...except for these parts:
entirely based on past experiences with Pru
And this has not just occurred at this Ladle, but also at the previous two Ladles we’ve played against Pru, and also in all of our past clan wars. And we have always asked you guys to please be quiet in the public chat, and we have never noticed a difference.
We did never provoke anyone during a clanwar. Watch the recordings for yourself if you don't believe it. I know that ladles can be a stress situation. But by now you should have calmed down...
Last edited by Word on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:38 pm, edited 12 times in total.
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

Wow, why the hell did I just read that? Go waya!
þsy
Match Winner

Post by þsy »

I think this is outrageous. I vote we give UNA the seed instead of PRU
THEred
Core Dumper

Post by THEred »

enable_chat 0
red