Here we go again

Anything About Anything...
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Here we go again

Post by INW »

{In response to this}

You can't always believe what the media has to offer...

Yellow Journalism...?
Last edited by Z-Man on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Split.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: 4000 birds and 100000 fish mysteriously die!

Post by Phytotron »

Are you f*cking kidding?

Go away.
INW

Post by INW »

Phytotron wrote:Are you f*cking kidding?

Go away.
Is this really necessary? Escalation Z-Man?
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

So instead of normal fights we now have meta fights, where we beg to Z-Man? I believe he can do it by himself.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
nsh22
Round Winner

Post by nsh22 »

Seriously, this is out of control.
Everyone who starts fighting or even participates in a fight (relevant to the topic or not) should f*ck off right now. I'm sick and tired of every second thread being/turning into a bitch fest over punctuation/grammar, sources, opinions, countries/continents, Christmas,religion or anything you guys can think of. It's seriously damaging the community because there are people who would like some good content on forums but if people continue to fight in threads, good content is lost in a pile of shit.
People try to celebrate the new year or a holiday and each thread turns into a fight on something as small as a date format (even when the OP has gone out of his/her way to avoid this type of stuff).
I;ve watched this develop over the last few months and apparently the new "rules" aren't working (either they are not being read by some members of the community or not being enforced)but that's besides the point. Who ever is fighting has the ability to stop. Put the other person on your ignore list(iirc luke and luci did that a while ago when they had their disputes). if someone bad talks you for it a detailed pm to the mod should get it fixed.

I'm not saying the odd (read: not so often) debate isn't bad, in fact its quite good for forums in some cases, but the constant bitching and trolling is killing the forums in a brutal,painful way. Adding in sly insults or unfriendly comments about a person, their post or anything really doesn't make you any better than the person who outright insults, you are trying to be hurtful.

The new players coming from Tron Legacy are getting scared off (I don't have a problem with that as they are coming to tr2norigins :P) and the older players (who used to post good content) are getting fed up. notice how few posts are coming from people
I'm not saying the mods aren't doing their jobs, I'm sure they have their reasons for action (or lack thereof), I'm just trying to get the people of this forum to realize what they are doing to this community (esp. with the influx of new players) and how they can help prevent it.

tl;dr Quit fighting, use the ignore lists) or do it via PM
Lucifer wrote:I think you got the wrong thread, this thread is the one where we're debating banning sinewav and dubStep until they have a threesome with dubbie's mother.
INW

Post by INW »

nsh22 wrote:Seriously, this is out of control.
Everyone who starts fighting or even participates in a fight (relevant to the topic or not) should f*ck off right now. I'm sick and tired of every second thread being/turning into a bitch fest over punctuation/grammar, sources, opinions, countries/continents, Christmas,religion or anything you guys can think of. It's seriously damaging the community because there are people who would like some good content on forums but if people continue to fight in threads, good content is lost in a pile of shit.
People try to celebrate the new year or a holiday and each thread turns into a fight on something as small as a date format (even when the OP has gone out of his/her way to avoid this type of stuff).
I;ve watched this develop over the last few months and apparently the new "rules" aren't working (either they are not being read by some members of the community or not being enforced)but that's besides the point. Who ever is fighting has the ability to stop. Put the other person on your ignore list(iirc luke and luci did that a while ago when they had their disputes). if someone bad talks you for it a detailed pm to the mod should get it fixed.

I'm not saying the odd (read: not so often) debate isn't bad, in fact its quite good for forums in some cases, but the constant bitching and trolling is killing the forums in a brutal,painful way. Adding in sly insults or unfriendly comments about a person, their post or anything really doesn't make you any better than the person who outright insults, you are trying to be hurtful.

The new players coming from Tron Legacy are getting scared off (I don't have a problem with that as they are coming to tr2norigins :P) and the older players (who used to post good content) are getting fed up. notice how few posts are coming from people
I'm not saying the mods aren't doing their jobs, I'm sure they have their reasons for action (or lack thereof), I'm just trying to get the people of this forum to realize what they are doing to this community (esp. with the influx of new players) and how they can help prevent it.

tl;dr Quit fighting, use the ignore lists) or do it via PM
The forum had 0 fights the one week phytotron was banned from the forum.
Just saying another ban (maybe 1 month long) would keep these forums friendly for at least a month. Go check back when he was banned for a week, no fights...
nsh22 wrote: if someone bad talks you for it a detailed pm to the mod should get it fixed.
I have already tried this before...didn't work. I have even tried bringing an argument to phytotron as a pm like Z-Man suggests every time we argue on the forum. Here is how that PM convo went when I did as Z-Man told me:
INW wrote:
Phytotron wrote:
Fini wrote: What happens if someone dig to kill the opponent (accidentaly). ?
You just do what the 'open et al' players do: Just say "sry" or "soz" or "mb." It doesn't even have to be accidental, especially if you're in with the right crew.

Really, Zinger, you guys should actually implement the settings Z-Man went to the trouble to put in that enforce open play, especially for some competition you're wanting to make "official/legitimate."
I'll bring this as a PM.
This is what starts arguments.
He was obviously asking Zinger (the one with the tourney) the question. You had know point in responding with such arrogance. It would benefit the forums if you stayed out of topics like these where you don't need to but your 1 penny in and start arguments.

I could have typed this as a reply to the topic but decided to quit with flooding the forums of you arguing and me
And this is Phytotron's response:
Phytotron wrote:You are full of shit.

Go away.

Simple enough for you?
As you can see, PM's don't work...at least they wont work with Phytotron.
Last edited by INW on Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

[moderatorhat]
INW wrote:You can't always believe what the media has to offer...

Yellow Journalism...?
Standard trolling. I cite the handbook: "If someone quotes or cites sources, ALWAYS discredit them."
INW wrote:
Phytotron wrote:Are you f*cking kidding?

Go away.
Is this really necessary? Escalation Z-Man?
Rule #9 violation (not the first), and also something from the troll handbook I'm just making up right now: "Troll using any of the other techniques, and when someone reacts, try to make them look like the bad guy." That's a one week ban. If nothing, and I mean NOTHING else comes up, it'll start Monday morning, I wouldn't want to disturb the Ladle unless I have to.

(It is semi-correct, though. A better response for Phytotron would have been nothing, or pointing out the transparent trolling. nsh22 is right, each of you could have avoided this. If you didn't have each other, you'd probably have no difficulty finding someone else to fight with.)
INW

Post by INW »

I edited my above post.

Also Z-Man.
I don't fight with anyone here. The one week Phytotron was banned, there were no fights going on...I obviously don;t fight with anyone else.

About the trolling: I had no intension to troll. How the hell is that post a troll Z-Man? wtf?
I said "Yellow Journalism?" because that is a "phrase" we learned in U.S. History and I thought it would fit well in the situation because my teacher tells me not to believe every media source...there wasn't 1 bit of trolling going on. I said your name in my post with escalation to grab your attention...which it did. If anyone was trolling, it was Phytotron telling me to go away.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Here we go again

Post by Word »

how is that trolling? :roll:
I'll bring this as a PM.
This is what starts arguments.
He was obviously asking Zinger (the one with the tourney) the question. You had know point in responding with such arrogance. It would benefit the forums if you stayed out of topics like these where you don't need to but your 1 penny in and start arguments.

I could have typed this as a reply to the topic but decided to quit with flooding the forums of you arguing and me
this sounds as if you already planned to post this in the open lol
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

INW wrote:I edited my above post.
Noted. I can't comment on or act on anything going on in PMs based on one report alone as I can't read them myself. So for now, use the enemy lists. You two obviously can't communicate at all.
INW wrote:The one week Phytotron was banned, there were no fights going on...I obviously don;t fight with anyone else.
Correlation does not imply a causal relation and even less blame. Racially motivated violence naturally is lower where there are no f***ing n***ers around.
INW wrote:I said "Yellow Journalism?" because that is a "phrase" we learned in U.S. History and I thought it would fit well in the situation because my teacher tells me not to believe every media source...there wasn't 1 bit of trolling going on.
Learn what the words you're using mean, preferably before you use them. The one criterion matched here would be reference to unnamed 'Experts', but the Yellow Press would use those references in this case to induce panic ("Experts say it could spread and kill us all!"), not to calm. Yes, if you believe everything someone writes somewhere, you are being stupid. But the proper way to express your doubt in the credibility of a source is to ask for references. If it's from Weekly Conspiracy Theory or National Nutter, then you can go ahead and trash it.
INW wrote:I said your name in my post with escalation to grab your attention...which it did.
I did not object to that part.
INW wrote:If anyone was trolling, it was Phytotron telling me to go away.
You told him basically the same in the PM you quoted. Yes, both is nasty.
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

BORING

Stop making z-man waste his time
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

Hoax wrote:Stop making z-man waste his time
+
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

Titanoboa wrote:
Hoax wrote:Stop making z-man waste his time
+
+
INW

Post by INW »

I'll just shush after this post but no one is making Z-Man do anything. He is doing this on his own...therefore your posts of quotes is flawed!
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

Look at you, trying to provoke another argument.

/ignore