What sport is Football? And Hockey?

Anything About Anything...
Ratchet
Match Winner

Re: What sport is Football? And Hockey?

Post by Ratchet »

@Mkay: liking your avatar... I only hope the Saints can rip the NFC South from Atlanta this Sunday :'(
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Ratchet wrote:The general thread seems to consist of Europeans aggressively defending their rights to use the name "Football" instead of "Soccer".
Nope, it's about some Europeans' objection to the American use of the word "football" for a different (though, derivative) sport. Association Football (what we call soccer) did originate before American Football, and was referred to as football first. It's also the most common usage internationally (although, as pointed out, slightly altered for different languages). Of course, context is everything, and they shouldn't dictate to Americans that we should rename American Football any more than Americans should dictate that the rest of the world rename the sport Soccer.

Ratchet wrote:@Mkay: liking your avatar... I only hope the Saints can rip the NFC South from Atlanta this Sunday :'(
Actually, the Panthers would have had to have won over Atlanta for the Saints to have moved into first. Saints end up getting the Seahawks, anyway. Should be a walk.

Next week, I wouldn't mind seeing Woodson or Matthews come off the edge and wreck Vick. Into the ground. Out of the game. Out of the league. Into a wheelchair.
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

that's a beat mean-spirited, there. No reason to be wishing people into wheelchairs.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

I normally wouldn't (pacifistic and all), but do you know what he did? He should still be in prison. As he isn't....
Concord

Post by Concord »

well he was sentenced to 23 months, the maximum term for dog fighting is 5 years. The guidelines for a crime similar to his were 18-24 months. Seems like he did his time. The last few months were in his own home, granted.
I don't really know that much about it. I just read a bit.
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

Phytotron wrote:I normally wouldn't (pacifistic and all), but do you know what he did? He should still be in prison. As he isn't....
He did the same thing that millions of kids around do every day on their gameboys in Pokemon. You want to put kids in jail? You MONSTER!!!

In all seriousness, it was a horrible thing that he did, and I share your belief that he should've been in there for longer than he was. He does seemed to have changed his ways though, although it could just be all an act.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I was going to post a picture of a bloody pit-bull with the phrase "gotta catch them all" but even looking at such an image makes me cry.
-*inS*-
Round Winner

Re: Ladle 42

Post by -*inS*- »

Ladle or Superbowl? hmmm
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

-*inS*- wrote:Ladle or Superbowl? hmmm
You're not actually going to the superbowl, so there is no reason not to play Ladle. They are hours away from each other. We went through this same thing last year. Pretty much everyone played and watched the bowl after.
Magic
Core Dumper

Post by Magic »

But INS is going to the superbowl he got mega bucks like that. Speaking of Dallas are you gonna take a trip to the bid d sine?
Concord

Post by Concord »

they are letting you can pay hundreds of dollars to stand outside the stadium I hear
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Magic wrote:Speaking of Dallas are you gonna take a trip to the bid d sine?
Pft! Maybe if the Bears would have beat the Packers instead of losing horribly.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Not this debate again :roll:
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
THEred
Core Dumper

Post by THEred »

Woot! yeah! Go Bengals! Win it all! oh..
red
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

If packers win, bears get seed #3, right?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image