4-Way Fortress Tournament

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Lanfear
Average Program

4-Way Fortress Tournament

Post by Lanfear »

Who'd be interested if a 4-way fort tourny went up?
We should do this :D
I know it's been done before... the server's obviously fun, (yes even with noobs (well no not really)) and is pretty nice for relaxed, fun gameplay. yup yup we should do it.
afaik the teams are 4 on each I think? If we know who owns it (i'm a noob you probably do know ._.) we can get cfgs and everything, tourny would be simple
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: 4-Way Fortress Tournament

Post by sinewav »

There is a difference between the server "FourWay Fortress" and "4-Team Fortress;" the later having been played almost annually. 4-Way Fortress has never been organised into a tournament. Which did you have in mind?

Also, it seems the best way to get a 4-Team Fort tournament going it to just set a date and make a wiki page. If you only use one server, it will be pretty easy to fill 16-20 slots (depending on team size). It will be much harder to get 2 servers going.

Maybe we could combine the Fortress Brawl with 4-Team fort?
Lanfear
Average Program

Post by Lanfear »

I meant the 4-Way fortress. (Like the 4-Way Fortress Europe)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

OK cool. I personally didn't like the lag in that server, but you know, try and get people behind you. Could be fun.
~Tu~Venom

Post by ~Tu~Venom »

I think that would be pretty good to see. Main problem is it's one server (no choice,) which benefits EU players hugely.
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

up for any fortress comp :)
hold the line
Lanfear
Average Program

Post by Lanfear »

Venom: We the settings/map, don't worry, more servers will be put up.
Organization is in progress.
2020: Explain :D
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

Will it be exactly as the server is now? 4 zones, 2 different rooms, 1 point for kills, 4 for zones, respawn by touching the zone, teams of 4 etc?
Lanfear
Average Program

Post by Lanfear »

ElmosWorld wrote: 4 zones, 2 different rooms, 1 point for kills, 4 for zones, respawn by touching the zone, teams of 4 etc?
Most likely, yes. But as for the 4 points for zones... that might be changed. ;)
Cody <3
Match Winner

Post by Cody <3 »

Lanfear wrote:
ElmosWorld wrote: 4 zones, 2 different rooms, 1 point for kills, 4 for zones, respawn by touching the zone, teams of 4 etc?
Most likely, yes. But as for the 4 points for zones... that might be changed. ;)
My question is if you're doing team of 4

and its going to be in one server (16 people) Do you know how bad the lag will be?
NEW 1v1 Sumo SB Tournament SITE
http://1v1sb.weebly.com
Lanfear
Average Program

Post by Lanfear »

Cody: I assume you're American, judging from the Indiana on your location. I also assume the only time you have played 4-Way fortress (The one I am reffering to) was in a European server. I'm not saying that US servers equipped with 4-Way Fortress settings won't lag. However, I am suggesting that a US server wouldn't lag as much.
Also, yes, we're doing teams of 4, 4 teams.
Cody <3
Match Winner

Post by Cody <3 »

Lanfear wrote:Cody: I assume you're American, judging from the Indiana on your location. I also assume the only time you have played 4-Way fortress (The one I am reffering to) was in a European server. I'm not saying that US servers equipped with 4-Way Fortress settings won't lag. However, I am suggesting that a US server wouldn't lag as much.

Oh I'm just saying in general actually. I've notice after years of playing tron pretty much any server that has 16+ people at one time is expected to be really laggy. I've played in american servers were 16 people were playing and it was pretty laggy and then I've played in euro servers with 16+ people playing and it was pretty bad. I think maybe you should do a map test with 16 people (8 euros and 8 us) to just see what exactly is your outcome.
NEW 1v1 Sumo SB Tournament SITE
http://1v1sb.weebly.com
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Cody <3 wrote:
Lanfear wrote:Cody: I assume you're American, judging from the Indiana on your location. I also assume the only time you have played 4-Way fortress (The one I am reffering to) was in a European server. I'm not saying that US servers equipped with 4-Way Fortress settings won't lag. However, I am suggesting that a US server wouldn't lag as much.

Oh I'm just saying in general actually. I've notice after years of playing tron pretty much any server that has 16+ people at one time is expected to be really laggy. I've played in american servers were 16 people were playing and it was pretty laggy and then I've played in euro servers with 16+ people playing and it was pretty bad. I think maybe you should do a map test with 16 people (8 euros and 8 us) to just see what exactly is your outcome.
This has been my observation as well. This is why we went from the Ladle being 8v8 to 6v6.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm