Android Games, Apps

Anything About Anything...
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Android Games, Apps

Post by sinewav »

I just got a phone with Android. The first thing I did was download LightRacer and LightRacer 3D (by Battery Powered Games). They're kind of fun. I might upgrade to get to full versions later. Anyone else tried these? I found the 2D LightRacer game a bit difficult to control, and LightRacer 3D tends to stall and drop frames because my phone is pretty weak.

How about other games/apps for Andriod? Recommendations?
ItzAcid
Match Winner

Re: Android Games, Apps

Post by ItzAcid »

I can't remember if the creators released it as an Android app yet or not, but if they did, look up Bloons. Really fun game where your a monkey that shoots darts.
Won Tourneys/Competitions: WWG4 (Hmm, need more braggage like Durka)

Oo oO
ZURD101
Core Dumper

Post by ZURD101 »

i played light racer about a year back on my HERO CDMA (which just recently died)...i wasn't too impressed then...but apparently they have had a lot of updates. When i get my new Intercept tomorrow, i'll check it out!

I played Pocket Empires for a while.
Paladin
Average Program

Post by Paladin »

I'll have to check them out sine.

As for recommendations, these are the ones I have become somewhat addicted to:
Appeak Poker, Fring, To Do List, Age of Conquest, Angry Birds, and I just downloaded Beautiful Widgets. Looking forward to checking that out. Oh, and download the latest update for Google Street View as it makes it Google's navigation app quite a bit nicer.

Has anybody found an app that supports video calling with people on MSN? Fring disappointingly does not.
TaZ
Round Winner

Post by TaZ »

Angry birds
Paladin
Average Program

Post by Paladin »

So, I just tried to upgrade to 2.2 on my Bell Vibrant. Fortunately, didn't wreck the internal SD card, but am still at 2.1 and my computer will no longer recognize my phone. <3 the Samsung program entitled Kies. Time to boot up my old laptop and see if the USB ports on it will work again. XD
Olive
Match Winner

Post by Olive »

angry birds season edition!

and euhm.

Other (nearly-fail-)proof apps to kill time:

chess for android
twitter app
unblock me free
paper toss
moron test
peter griffin sounds
Olive a.k.a ZeMu, MoonFlower & chicken.
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

Alchemy gets addictive and annoying at the same time.
17na
Average Program
Location: Fcon server. you are a true tron fan if you get the reference.

Post by 17na »

hey sinewave I recomend finding a sinewave generator app XD but no seriosly I do believe disney quietly released a cellphone version of tron 2.0 the reviews are ok but I dont imagine it being as good as the pc or xbox verion
oh and while im on the topic of tron 2.0 how come there isnt an ace of the super lightcycle? :(
lets face it there is a picture of one on the standard banner and if anyones ever wondered who that green guy is he's jd Thorne the main bad guy from the same exact game.
17na
Average Program
Location: Fcon server. you are a true tron fan if you get the reference.

Post by 17na »

now I think about it there is probably a reason the publishers name is "battery powered game" XD
Escape
Average Program

Post by Escape »

Olive wrote:angry birds season edition!

and euhm.

Other (nearly-fail-)proof apps to kill time:

chess for android
twitter app
unblock me free
paper toss
moron test
peter griffin sounds
You forgot "Run Stick Run"
lol. So shiny ^-^
Graveyards only hold the Corpses, Zombies, and invite the Dying...
Would you want me to give you a free "ticket" to join?
MrsKsr
Shutout Match Winner

Post by MrsKsr »

epsy wrote:Alchemy gets addictive and annoying at the same time.
I'm considering forcing him to get a droid phone at his next upgrade, I swear he plays it while I'm asleep. It's good though, but indeed very annoying.
Oh oh, i love Andoku (sudoku) i know it's not ground breaking new game or anything but, it's simple and it does what it says on the tin. There's also Trism (Tetris clone - WITH THE ORIGINAL TETRIS MUSIC!); it can be a bit difficult to navigate the blocks with touch screen but trackball makes it easy enough if you have one :)
"You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one;
I hope some day you will join us, and the world can live as one"

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”

I believe that to truly love is the ultimate expression of the will to live.
Nancy17

Post by Nancy17 »

Playing with Android Games is really an exciting and funny games.It also used in many applications for game developing.One of the funny and exciting android game that races against time. Animals keep come up from the bottom of the screen line by line. we need to do is click two or more same animals that link to each other to let them disappear.

{Spammy}
Last edited by Z-Man on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spammy looking link removed. Post is only vaguely on topic, the same link is spammed all over the internets.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

How about a good rss reader? Anyone use one? A lot of the ones out there won't let you remove the preset ones, or they need more permissions than I'm comfortable with.
Paladin
Average Program

Post by Paladin »

I would check under the apps published by Google, Inc. I could be wrong, but I am suspecting that they have published a reader.

As a heads-up, all android gameloft games are half price until febuary 15th or some such. Real Football 2011 is worth playing.