Tronners and weed

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...

Do you smoke sometimes weed?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:55 am

Yes, once a week.
8%
Yes, once a month.
5%
Yes, once a year.
13%
Never.
74%

Total votes: 38

Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Tronners and weed

Post by Hoax »

smoking aside cannabis is fine if you're an adult it's kids who are still developing that end up braindead
°DoCtOr°
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by °DoCtOr° »

Your argument is not bad. :)
But i don't mean problems like diseases heart atks or something like that, not problems that will come earlier cause of smoking. I mean the problem of being lonely for example, your wife dies, your generation is dying, your friends are dying, you can't go alone shopping, you need help for everything. I prefer to die and not to go in an "old home".

Sry for bad english

doc.
theroze
Match Winner

Post by theroze »

°DoCtOr° wrote:Your argument is not bad. :)
But i don't mean problems like diseases heart atks or something like that, not problems that will come earlier cause of smoking. I mean the problem of being lonely for example, your wife dies, your generation is dying, your friends are dying, you can't go alone shopping, you need help for everything. I prefer to die and not to go in an "old home".

Sry for bad english

doc.
You will change your mind if you'll be 40-50. But it'll be too late then.
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

wow just reading the absolute rubbish in this topic from spook and the (ironically named) "Doctor"...

as for my earlier comment about weed. Yes in a perfect world, one joint a month is much better than 20 cigs a day (or whatever it was).

But this world isn't perfect. Drug cartels fund bad people. I'm not talking about terrorists, but people who then go on to sell this stuff and worse stuff to younger people.

And then what if you get a dud joint? With something REALLY harmful in it? You are f**ked thats what. You'll go into a coma if you are lucky, die otherwise.

And as for all the crap about smoking... oh I'm not even going to bother. Zman, sine, anyone in this topic with a brain, don't bother arguing with numbskulls.
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
Spook
Round Winner

Post by Spook »

syllabear wrote:And then what if you get a dud joint? With something REALLY harmful in it? You are f**ked thats what. You'll go into a coma if you are lucky, die otherwise.
first of all were not talking about Angel dust here, this is a marijuana topic if you put harmful shit into marijuana then its not marijuana duh. how ppl get different types of marijuana is using different seeds and mixing it up learn your shit or experience it yourself before you speak
Olive
Match Winner

Post by Olive »

drug kartels exist because weed is illegal in a majority of the countries.
Olive a.k.a ZeMu, MoonFlower & chicken.
°DoCtOr°
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by °DoCtOr° »

syllabear wrote:wow just reading the absolute rubbish in this topic from spook and the (ironically named) "Doctor"...

as for my earlier comment about weed. Yes in a perfect world, one joint a month is much better than 20 cigs a day (or whatever it was).

But this world isn't perfect. Drug cartels fund bad people. I'm not talking about terrorists, but people who then go on to sell this stuff and worse stuff to younger people.

And then what if you get a dud joint? With something REALLY harmful in it? You are f**ked thats what. You'll go into a coma if you are lucky, die otherwise.

And as for all the crap about smoking... oh I'm not even going to bother. Zman, sine, anyone in this topic with a brain, don't bother arguing with numbskulls.

Blablabla ...yeah this world isn't perfect, gj. And yes there are bad people gj again, maybe you know asama binladen...and i didn't say dealing with drugs is good. But i agree with olive drug kartels exist because of weed is illegal in a majority of the countries. You are right smoking is bad...(i don't smoke cigarettes) but at least can everyone self deciede if it's necessary for him to smoke or not.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

i'm shocked that some people still downplay the effects of weed and think it broadens their horizon, and even seem irresponsible enough to encourage others to do the same...
DoCtor wrote:I mean the problem of being lonely for example, your wife dies, your generation is dying, your friends are dying, you can't go alone shopping, you need help for everything. I prefer to die and not to go in an "old home".
wow, you're truly <censored>. have you never tried to think of other ways to deal with all this? If you're not completely <censored> you'd already have asked yourself why drugs harm societies. Yes, there can be legit reasons to support drug use (as a means of palliative treatment for example), but trying to make it socially acceptable just because you're too <censored> to care is <censored>. if everyone would think like that, we can sell our planet (but i doubt we'll reach a high price when it's full of <censored>).

Almost everyone has had relatives who died of cancer, and some of them were constantly drugged in their last phase. Governments allow such treatments to make the pain tolerable, not to support <censored> and their <censored> lifestyle.

(and there's an edit-function on the top of your posts)
Last edited by Word on Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:25 am, edited 10 times in total.
°DoCtOr°
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by °DoCtOr° »

theroze wrote:
°DoCtOr° wrote:Your argument is not bad. :)

Sry for bad english

doc.
You will change your mind if you'll be 40-50. But it'll be too late then.

lol it'll be too late? why?
°DoCtOr°
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by °DoCtOr° »

Word wrote:i'm shocked that some people still belittle the effects of weed and think it broadens their horizon, and even seem irresponsible enough to encourage others to do the same...
DoCtor wrote:I mean the problem of being lonely for example, your wife dies, your generation is dying, your friends are dying, you can't go alone shopping, you need help for everything. I prefer to die and not to go in an "old home".
wow, you're truly dense. have you never tried to think of other ways to deal with all this?

lol you take that too seriously ;) I mean just it's not necessary for me to be an ninety year old man ;)
°DoCtOr°
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by °DoCtOr° »

°DoCtOr° wrote:
Word wrote:i'm shocked that some people still belittle the effects of weed and think it broadens their horizon, and even seem irresponsible enough to encourage others to do the same...
wow, you're truly dense. have you never tried to think of other ways to deal with all this?

lol you take that too seriously ;) I mean just it's not necessary for me to be an ninety year old man ;)

And maybe drugs are bad for every society, but i didn't say that drugs are good for our society...I just said it's not bad for your health to smoke one joint in a month? What's wrong?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Please learn to either edit your posts or to not hit the 'submit' button until your post is ready, please :)

Also, Spook and Word, can we quit the 'lol if u think that u must be stoopid' style of arguing? It's annoying. And -> escalation :) This is an obviously controversial topic and needs extra care, or we'll have to just lock it.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

I can't speak from personal experience, what with being young and all, but being old looks to be OK. I know quite a few old people who are pretty active and do some neat stuff. (And whom realistically, may contribute more than a lot of young people I know.)

Basically though, I see no reason to do myself extra harm now. So that's no smoking, for example. I'm not perfect and I know I probably don't take the best care of myself, but there are some things that are easy for each of us to do to keep healthy.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

sinewav wrote:
°DoCtOr° wrote:I don't want be really old ( i mean over 80) most people over 80 are lonely and unlucky...so i prefer to smoke joints and maybe die earlier...because of a heart atk or so
You're obviously too young to understand how ridiculous this is to say. You'll have regrets when you realize how beautiful old age is for those who lead a good life of love and compassion - that includes love for yourself and your body.

The truth is, leading an unhealthy lifestyle means you're just going to go through the problems of old age sooner. So why not put it off as long as you can? Why go through the pain of someone in their 80's when you are in your 60's or 50's?

:|

Best example I know of. My Grandfather who lived to be 102, died of lung cancer the last 3 years of his life. He was very active and productive until the age of 98. He really wanted to be active and productive beyond 100. A brother of his who never smoked was productive until the age of 110, when he died of a sudden heart attack. Let me explain what I mean by productive and active. At the age of 92 he put a sign in his front yard for "fill dirt" to fill in where a creek in his back yard mad a 70 degree turn and was eating his yard away. One wheelbarrow at a time, for 4 years, he built a solid bank that stands strong to this day. That was over 30 years ago. He had been a college professor, and had those of us who were interested, read the classic literature in his library. After you had read something, he would encourage you to ask questions, and not only answer them, but teach. I learned a ton from him.
That is an active and productive "Golden Years".
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

syllabear wrote:But this world isn't perfect. Drug cartels fund bad people. I'm not talking about terrorists, but people who then go on to sell this stuff and worse stuff to younger people.

Those are arguments for legalisation and strong regulation (on par with that of tobacco products and alcohol).

Mind you, I would discourage anyone from marijuana use (exceptions for legit medical use, as Gene mentioned). I used to smoke a lot of pot, among using and abusing other drugs and alcohol. I quit. I regret that I ever did any of it, and, again, discourage others from using—and that includes tobacco and alcohol. I drink infrequently, and never for the purpose of getting drunk. Don't put aside all the damage incurred by individuals and families from alcohol—and not only abuse, but even casual use. One doesn't have to be an alcoholic to be a drunk driver. (I also used to smoke cigarettes. My wife and I both finally quit that nastiness in 2006.)

So, my support for legalisation is not so I can get high. It's because the negative results of prohibition and the 'Drug War' far exceed the negatives of smoking pot. Alcohol and tobacco are legal, and regulated. And yes, as I said, were marijuana legalised, it should be strongly regulated. That includes age limits.

Let's not forget the myriad uses and benefits of industrial hemp, either—something now inexplicably banned along with marijuana.
To quote Inigo, "...that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." :wink: