Explosion with scream and robot death

Made a pack that makes Armagetron sound like a rock concert? Hook us up!
RYON
Average Program

Explosion with scream and robot death

Post by RYON »

put into moviesounds folder if you have one.
Attachments
dietron.zip
(400.72 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Explosion with scream and robot death

Post by sinewav »

Neat. Maybe a little long. Could become a sonic nightmare in a team game with a lot of players. But definitely a good explosion sound. What did you use to make it?
RYON
Average Program

Post by RYON »

no it cant become a sonic nightmare....you can only hear the full explosion (like the robot at the end) if your right next to it. believe me i use it and its completely fine. 4 seconds is nothing. fruity loops and cubase. by the way, your signature explains your comment very well....lol jk man. thnx for your reply.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

you play hr, not fort :)

(seriously i wouldn't survive that in a 10v10 match)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

RYON wrote:4 seconds is nothing.
I was just saying because, you know, the visual decay of the Arma explosion is only 2 seconds. And in Fortress you can have several people die simultaneously in close proximity. In CTF/CTFS this is even worse with constant deaths and spawn killing of entire teams -- not to mention the deathzone at the round end. I have attached an audio copy of such an event below. You can hear how the explosion doesn't even get a chance to play all the way at times before getting cut by another source, and gets cut off by the round end too. (I have all my audio settings maxed - 20 sources, highest quality, buffered correctly).

But for regular play it does sound pretty cool.
Attachments
sonicNightmare.zip
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 283 times
RYON
Average Program

Post by RYON »

sinewav wrote:- 20 sources, highest quality, buffered correctly).
i think thats to many, you dont need all that...its too much....when you go to your audio setting let the highlight be on your audio sources selection for a second, then at the bottom it will tell you what is recomended and somethiing about having to much is not a good thing. anyway, whatever,i dont have problems in anything, fort, whatever. and yes when the robot says no no at the end you i dont hear it unless your right up next to the explotion. at least with my audio settings. MINE IS SET AT 10 not 20.