The Early Days of Creating Teams II

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

so.. we didnt play because of problems with the timing, maybe it would be smart to state the CST of America too? It's already explained good how you should translate GMT into CST or any other time, but tonight showed that it's just... to hard for some ppl to grasp that GMT =! CST and that there are ppl who live in places where it might already be sunday instead of saturday.

anyway, are we going to have a rematch next week? same time same place?
Seeker
Round Winner

Post by Seeker »

As much as i am "for" catering to the every whim of the americans :| , I feel that it is more important for the players in the tournaments to understand that this is an international competition, and therefore we should use GMT/UTC for scheduling. each player is responsible for checking when game time is for them.

BTW.....I wonder why half the world resents americans????? could be that we try to change everything to be like US.
HEY!!!!! Respect your elders...........Let us win a round!!!
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

I'm American, I just live in Sweden. You were saying... ;)
thesap
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by thesap »

Marrow wrote:
RUDEBOY! wrote:because of late changes to the schedule team loco had no idea tehy were playing and neither did i frankly at 1 gmt sunday so there was no second game, marrow says loco forfeits but i dont think thats fair because they had no way of knowing. i know it said check the touney schedule often but what if they made other plans or whatever, they didnt think they wee playing i think a new match should be set up.
I can understand the concerns you have voiced and admitedly it was short notice. I'm sure something will be worked out.
Will something be worked out...I hope it's my abs. Getting flabby. Actually, it was an interesting first tourney for me...Alg did't show, so Lack joined happily ... finally started getting the groove when it was too late. But that means next tourney the MVP spot will just fall into my lap ... Oh wait ... then I'll have to move all the hot chicks out of the way ... OKAY, next to my lap...the MVP spot will fall next to it.

Peace-sap
best-thesap
Prey4Me
Match Winner

Post by Prey4Me »

lol sap, hey guys it ain't hard to figure out what time your playing in the US
if your on the east coast its GMT -5 hours, -6 for central, -7 for mountain, and -8 for pacific
i know we can all do the math so from now on there should be no problems :D
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

<rant>

ok serious rant warning here! plz don't misconstrue this as an argument with Seeker or a flame or anything like that: this is (simply) a rant. and btw i'm not calling anyone an idiot ok? except myself of course :D
Seeker wrote:BTW.....I wonder why half the world resents americans????? could be that we try to change everything to be like US.
let's make the distinction between those who are... umm... one feels are... "idiots" and those who aren't, and not nationalities... ppl are ppl everywhere and some you like, some you don't :D

imo it's too easy to say that it's "americans" or "fanatical muslims" or "israelis" or whatnot - i think such generalisation is the worst danger no matter what view one holds, although when frustrated i tend to do it myself of course... (and sometimes i get mightily frustrated lol)

guess what i'm trying to say is that most ppl will usually feel their own "system" is better - misguided feelings of national/group pride is pretty much an integral part of all humanity

and i'd seriously bet many of you would put me in the "idiot" compartment - i even do it myself sometimes lol :mrgreen:

*won't say who i'd vote for in the next us election if i was a us citizen, so as to not start a flamewar here* LOL :twisted: hmm maybe that was a bit revealing? hehe

if this rant sounded condescending and arrogant (which i bet it did, cause you all probably knew of these point of views before you read this) just ignore it: it's pretty much the definition of a rant :wink:

</rant>
RUDEBOY!
Match Winner

Post by RUDEBOY! »

Prey4Me wrote:lol sap, hey guys it ain't hard to figure out what time your playing in the US
if your on the east coast its GMT -5 hours, -6 for central, -7 for mountain, and -8 for pacific
i know we can all do the math so from now on there should be no problems :D
prey my man, its not about the time zones we all know the loco teama ctually had NO IDEA that they were playing because marrow changed the schedule and not many people checked it in time
Prey4Me
Match Winner

Post by Prey4Me »

i see, i didn't know that he changed the times, i was told that the second game was canceled
though i couldn't play last night anyway, i had to spend time with the gf
Seeker
Round Winner

Post by Seeker »

you know.....I probabaly should have put the disclaimer in that darn post that I was also unable to figure out the correct time for MY early tourny. oh well....... :oops:

I'm all American my self, I just dont agree with "The Present Administrations Foreign Policy".......I hate trying to be POLITICALLY CORRECT :|

BTW....ALL POINTS TRUE in N54s post.......but it was kinda a weak rant man....shoulda been like, ALL CAPS & RED, or somethin' :P
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

Seeker wrote:I hate trying to be POLITICALLY CORRECT :|
hmm, politically correct... politically correct = the majority view isn't that so? methinks Seeker might be more politically correct than me - joking lol :mrgreen:
Seeker wrote:BTW....ALL POINTS TRUE in N54s post.......but it was kinda a weak rant man....shoulda been like, ALL CAPS & RED, or somethin' :P
lol *takes notes*
Seeker
Round Winner

Post by Seeker »

I believe the term politicaly correct means that you try not to hurt anyones feelings so you have to word your speech accordingly..........TRUST ME, I AM NOT politicaly correct by any means! :twisted: