USER_LEVEL feature request

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
K-Yo
Round Winner

USER_LEVEL feature request

Post by K-Yo »

let's say I am K-Yo@ct/jedi
tomorrow, I sleep with puuquie's mother
he is so mad that I get kicked out of CT
DANG!, my gid becomes K-Yo@ct/public
hard to survive, but after eating all the ice cream I found in France, I play armagetron again
and I want revenge and kick Gonzap out of CTWF (where he is ranked >100 btw :/)
BUT CTWF has "USER_LEVEL K-Yo@ct/jedi 1" (that's not true, but let's admit it still)
and I am K-Yo@ct/public so I can't kick him :(

more clearly. Is it possible to use "USER_LEVEL K-Yo@ct/* 0" or "USER_LEVEL K-Yo@ct 0" to make K-Yo@ct/jedi or K-Yo@ct/n00b owner ?
K-Yo
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: USER_LEVEL feature request

Post by Z-Man »

No, for precisely the use case you stated :) If you use an authority that uses your global ID to show some kind of rank, it makes sense that you lose your access rights when you lose the rank. And pattern matching would open dangerous loopholes; I could register ct.some.domain.com and then get myself the global id [email protected] and bingo, one of your patterns matches. If you want to retain admin rights no matter what your status at an authority is (and remember, they may also ban you and remove your account entirely, what then?), use your @forums ID on the other servers and instachats to ease switching IDs.

(We could automate that a bit by allowing you to set several global IDs in your client, and the autologin could choose the one with the best access rights on the current server.)
K-Yo
Round Winner

Post by K-Yo »

I understand the security problem...
Thanks for clarification!
K-Yo
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

K-Yo wrote:let's say I am K-Yo@ct/jedi