LADLE 36

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Eckz
Core Dumper

Re: LADLE 36

Post by Eckz »

PsYkO wrote:It's a competition, stop treating it like a soap opera.
Then maybe SP shouldn't cause so much drama.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

Z-Man wrote:Some recordings. Unceremoniously, because I'm personally disappointed about the post-bracket team shuffling and all the previous nonsense that has been going on. I think you guys NEED to move to a "community can punish players/teams even if they did not strictly violate rules" model; It's the only way I can see this surviving as a community organized event. We saw one rule getting violated last time without consequences, and now everyone with only a bit of evil in his soul noticed that they can behave like they want without receiving punishment.
Agreed. That's why I think we need a blanket rule on Unsportsmanlike Conduct. And the subtext would be that if three or more team leaders feel that someone before or during the ladle did something that although was not strictly against the rules, was unsportsmanlike, then the team leaders are allowed to vote if the player should be banned from the next ladle.
PsYkO wrote:A lot has been made about this thing called "common courtesy".. Yeah thx for giving us that last ladle.

Ladle is to decide who the best team on that day is. We played the top two teams. Beat one overly convincingly. And CT v SP is always a toss up. SP was the best team today. I told myself after last ladle to stop complaining and put up or shut up. I suggest others do the same. It's a competition, stop treating it like a soap opera.
You beat us fair and square in the finals. I admit that. But what flex and everyone need to realize is that whenever a person or a team either breaks the rules or does something unsportsmanlike, they lower the amount of enjoyment that everyone else has. Of course some people here are making a much bigger deal of this than they should, but SP should own up to this. While it might not have broken any rules, what flex did was bad for the tournament and was unfair for everyone involved.
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

PsYkO wrote:A lot has been made about this thing called "common courtesy".. Yeah thx for giving us that last ladle.

Ladle is to decide who the best team on that day is. We played the top two teams. Beat one overly convincingly. And CT v SP is always a toss up. SP was the best team today. I told myself after last ladle to stop complaining and put up or shut up. I suggest others do the same. It's a competition, stop treating it like a soap opera.
You were the best team on the day, but that doesn't alter the fact that it was unsportsmanlike and dickish.

And you're still whining about Binary playing under "anonymous" names, despite most or all of them logging in, and choosing a letter that was the same as the start of their usual name anyway. A good team shouldn't care about their opponents, make them worry about you.
Goodygumdrops
Round Winner

Post by Goodygumdrops »

PsYkO wrote:
misdirection
i know it's difficult, but try to keep in mind that it was actions by your clan which set off this episode of the soap opera

just keep feigning absurd and unbelievable reasons for your teamswap, but you had to have known this would cause a forum shitstorm...don't try to put the blame on others for the show you're producing
The once and future "I told you so."
Round Winner

Post by 1200 »

Flex, sure you can try to justify what you did was not against the rules but can you at least admit that what you did was wrong?
Is it that hard to say, "I didn't mean to cause that much trouble i'm sorry i won't do it again."
Had you taken this stance i'm sure all this banning etc wouldn't be necessary.
Tremor
Average Program

Post by Tremor »

All this seems to have started during Ladle 37....So i hope everyone gets the true meaning of all this.....don't play in ladles that ID decide not to play in for a legit reason! LOL.

Flex and SP team, I think what most of the community is looking for is some sort of realization. Like 1200 said, you must have realized somewhere in your mind what you guys were doing were just wrong even if there wasn't a rule against it.

And like Goody said, as soon as you guys did it, you must have known this would cause some sort of argument or anger some people somewhere in this community.
PsYkO
Core Dumper

Post by PsYkO »

I absolutely love that we can't have differing opinions and are persecuted for such. See you next ladle.
Goodygumdrops
Round Winner

Post by Goodygumdrops »

PsYkO wrote:I absolutely love that we can't have differing opinions and are persecuted for such. See you next ladle.
Still playing like you AREN'T the one behaving inappropriately? win at all cost? is that it?

have you absolutely no class?
The once and future "I told you so."
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

Oh my god, isn't it a known fact that *most of them are cocky assholes? Leaders especially? They aren't going to apologize or aknowledge they did something wrong, it's pointless to try.

*Some are really nice.
FoFo
Core Dumper

Post by FoFo »

i wasn't here for this ladle i was just reading the topic and i still dont rly understand why people are arguing, if flex put sp against the worst team of the ladle it would be definitively unfair to change SPD to speeders or to change players of SPD to the speeders one to be sure to win the 1 st match or to have easier brackets, but i looked at brackets , they played one of the hardest team on roaster on 1 st match , if they had lost this 1 st match , no one would say anything about sp or flex or smthg else but they won, by their gameplay fought ib and ct and won it.. so just say gz etc i dont get why people argues sayin it was unfair etc... thats bullshits , why dont you concentrate on the grid, on the game play instead of that stupid thing..
anyways congratz guys ;) i ll try to be here for the next one
Round Winner

Post by 1200 »

Psyko wrote:I absolutely love that we can't have differing opinions and are persecuted for such. See you next ladle.
No you gettin persecuted cos you guys did somthing that the majority of this community think is wrong.

@Fofo: Its about the principles. For me it has nothing to do with who you guys played in the first round or whether its because you guys won the ladle or not.
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

i was the leader of the team, then i say sorry if you need it. but you have to understand we won this beating all and lossing only 1 match 100-94.
i only hope you matture and understand its only a game. the only good post i saw is the Olive`s post...
who understand that its just a game, not neccesary fight. we will try to not ofend nothing next ladle :D
now pls stop it
Cody <3
Match Winner

Post by Cody <3 »

orion wrote:i was the leader of the team, then i say sorry if you need it. but you have to understand we won this beating all and lossing only 1 match 100-94.
i only hope you matture and understand its only a game. the only good post i saw is the Olive`s post...
who understand that its just a game, not neccesary fight. we will try to not ofend nothing next ladle :D
now pls stop it
By the way its looking, You,Flex and some other SP are BANNED next ladle.
NEW 1v1 Sumo SB Tournament SITE
http://1v1sb.weebly.com
criMsoN_KinG

Post by criMsoN_KinG »

Well, it looks to me although SP believe they have done nothing wrong, they aren't going to accept that majority feels like they have, and aren't acting according to this. I think this is going to end up with voting out SP next ladle, or Flex.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

FoFo wrote:... i dont get why people argues sayin it was unfair etc... thats bullshits , why dont you concentrate on the grid, on the game play instead of that stupid thing..
OK, I'm going to explain this as clear as possible since it seems many Tronners have thick skulls. Ready?

After the teams are .randomized and the brackets are filled, there is no switching of teams. If there were, what would be to point of randomizing? But SP has decided that they are special and they have the right to choose who they play first.

It doesn't matter if they choose to play an easy or hard team. It doesn't matter if they win or lose. The problem here is they switched two entire teams (with the exception of a single player) after the brackets were finalized. It's completely disrespectful to the other teams (who aren't passing a dozen players between them). It's disrespectful to the game. It embodies poor sportsmanship.

If everyone did what Speeders just did, we wouldn't have random brackets anymore. Everyone would just keep switching teams in a massive edit war until no one knew where they were supposed to play. Teams would simply sign up dozens of "phantom teams" (myTeam | players to be added...) and the tournament would collapse. (notice this is already starting to happen with Vecolity and Backwards Ww)

This action by Speeders, if left unaddressed, sets a precedent for future Ladles. It surely signals the end of the tournament. Is that what you want?

If you can't see this, then you have some serious comprehension issues.