Durka's WST 3 Predictions

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Durka's WST 3 Predictions

Post by DDMJ »

*Please read the side note at the bottom of this post.*

Anyways, here we go again:

-----------
First Round
-----------

Anonymous Snuffaluffagus's Limophoitos (ASL) vs. DJ
- DJ only has two players as of the writing of this post. Lizmatic aka Deadmau5 has built a reputation as a solid sumo player, but without knowing her other two teammates, it will be hard to make an accurate prediction. Nonetheless, I still believe that ASL will be able to pull out the victory, even if Liz's teammates are pretty good. However, don't count them out.
- Result: ASL wins 2-1

Disney All Stars vs. The Flying Dutchmen
- Word has been known to be a good captain, but I can't imagine him being able to will his team to victory; those Dutchmen are just too good.
- Result: The Flying Dutchmen win 2-0

Ancients vs. Fail
- I am not that familiar with the players on Ancients, so I'm leaning towards Fail in this matchup. Luck has been steadily improving and I can see him carrying his team to tough victory.
- Result: Fail wins 2-1

DirtyDishes vs. Zirka~Team 1
- With the exception of Plate and Pre, I don't know any of the other players in this matchup. Since this will be played in a European server (CT LIV), I'm giving the slight edge to Zirka~Team 1.
- Result: Zirka~Team 1 wins 2-1

Error vs. mexicans
- Playing in an American server (TSP NC) will benefit the mexicans, but AI-team and Error will definitely put up a good fight.
- Result: mexicans win 2-1

------------
Second Round
------------

Incredible 3 vs. ASL
- In my mind, this one's a toss-up. Incredible 3 has the slight server advantage while ASL has the slight skill advantage. Seeing that it's a reliable server, I believe skill to be more valuable than ping.
- Result: ASL wins 2-1

XY-Dreammy vs. uNa Team 1
- I don't know any of ther uNa Team 1 players. On the other hand, the players that make up XY-Dreammy have proven themselves over and over again and will steamroll into the next round.
- Result: XY-Dreammy wins 2-0

Deadly Sharks vs. The Flying Dutchmen
- I'm not really sure who the players for Deadly Sharks are, but I am really sure that it doesn't matter because The Flying Dutchmen are ready to take on any challengers.
- Result: The Flying Dutchmen win 2-0

Fail vs. Zappers
- Fail will do exactly what its name says in this round: Fail. The Zappers are far too skilled and experienced despite having a server disadvantage.
- Result: Zappers win 2-0

Zirka~Team 2 vs. Zirka~Team 1
- I have absolutely no clue who's on Zirka~Team 2, but I'm guessing Team 1 is better.
- Result: Zirka~Team 1 wins 2-0

i kan haz mazeburgeR vs. ☻
- Yet again, I have no idea who some of the players are in this matchup, but, unless ☻ gets admin killed every round, they will no doubt advance with ease. Sorry, you cannot have a mazeburger.
- ☻ wins 2-0

Team Name vs. uNa Team 2
- I'm giving the advtange to Team Name simply because I actually know some of their players. Also, they appear to have the server advantage since they play in G5 #2.
- Result: Team Name wins 2-0

mexicans vs. Isoscoles
- The mexicans might have squeezed into the second round, but the fun stops there. The more experienced Isoscoles team will prove themselves in this interesting matchup.
- Result: Isoscoles wins 2-1

-------------
Quarterfinals
-------------

ASL vs. XY-Dreammy
- After two tough matches, I don't think ASL will have enough firepower to propel them into the next round, especially when faced against a very talented XY-Dreammy team.
- Result: XY-Dreammy wins 2-0

The Flying Dutchmen vs. Zappers
- The Flying Dutchmen will certainly fly high in this intriguing matchup. Both teams are pretty evenly matched, but I'm giving the edge to the Dutch due to their experience on the big stage.
- Result: The Flying Dutchmen win 2-1

Zirka~Team 1 vs. ☻
- Zirka~Team 1 had a lucky draw and got two easy opponents in the first two rounds. ☻ is far from easy to beat, let alone win a match off of.
- Result: ☻ wins 2-0

Team Name vs. Isoscoles
- Yet another even matchup, Team Name Vs. Isoscoles will provide some great drama with late-game heroics from both sides. I'm giving the edge to Isoscoles with the server advantage.
- Isoscoles wins 2-1

----------
Semifinals
----------

XY-Dreammy vs. The Flying Dutchmen
- If Xyron is on his game, his team is through to the finals, however, those pesky Duthmen won't go down without a fight. This is a must-watch showdown with some of the game's best players. This one could truly go either way.
- Result: The Flying Dutchmen win 2-1

☻ vs. Isoscoles
- Much like how UNK was overmatched in the finals of Ladle 34, Isoscoles will be overwhelmed by ☻'s skill and experience.
- Result: ☻ wins 2-0

------
Finals
------

The Flying Dutchmen vs. ☻
- This matchup is worthy of being recorded and broadcasted for many to see. The game's premier sumo players will duke it out in this epic battle. The Flying Dutchmen have the clear server advantage (on a side note: why have the past three WST finals all been played in a European server?) which will help them salvage a match, but in the end, how can I ever bet against myself in my own predictions!
- Result: ☻ wins 2-1
theroze
Match Winner

Re: Durka's WST 3 Predictions

Post by theroze »

Again, cool predictions. Agreed, the last Battle will be so epic that it will destroy the whole grid. ( D: )
And:
DDMJ wrote: Zirka~Team 2 vs. Zirka~Team 1
- I have absolutely no clue who's on Zirka~Team 2, but I'm guessing Team 1 is better.
- Result: Zirka~Team #1 wins 2-0
Ye - zirka #1 has the better ones.
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

DDMJ wrote:*Please read the side note at the bottom of this post.*
The Flying Dutchmen vs. ☻
- This matchup is worthy of being recorded and broadcasted for many to see. The game's premier sumo players will duke it out in this epic battle. The Flying Dutchmen have the clear server advantage (on a side note: why have the past three WST finals all been played in a European server?) which will help them salvage a match, but in the end, how can I ever bet against myself in my own predictions!
- Result: ☻ wins 2-1
Hrm I didn't notice that. Next WST if Compguy puts up his LA server again I will make that the finals server. I want to see how people play against you when you have the ping advantage. As far as broadcasting goes if epsy/forecast(w.e his name is) don't want to do it we will find something out because I agree the finals are going to be epic.
ZURD101
Core Dumper

Post by ZURD101 »

sounds pretty dead on
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

My team was just made for fun so I don't know how far we'll get, heh. Predictions sound pretty right on, though.

(Offtopic, kinda: I only have 2 teammembers, anyone wanna sub in?)
Tremor
Average Program

Post by Tremor »

I think the predictions are pretty accurate except for the fact that i think the "mexican" team will go further. I tihnk they have potential to meet your team in the semis.
Last edited by Tremor on Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
biasoner
Average Program

Post by biasoner »

Lol, I think you're putting too much on isoscolese :-) Due to the fact that sine has bowed out for whatever reason, I think we have back-ups via M-kay lined up. thanks though :-) -tRon Paul
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

Pretty accurate huh? ;)
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

biasoner wrote:Lol, I think you're putting too much on isoscolese :-) Due to the fact that sine has bowed out for whatever reason, I think we have back-ups via M-kay lined up. thanks though :-) -tRon Paul
Tron: we made it to durka's team!!!

I had tied for most points in one match :D

We lost both though :/
Lord Pein
Round Winner

Post by Lord Pein »

Mkay1 wrote:I had tied for most points in one match :D
Despite the overall outcome, that is a great accomplishment in itself when you look at the opposing team.
http://i52.tinypic.com/11ipyet.png
Thursday July 22nd 2010: Airman's team beat Lizmatic's team in fortress.
DDMJ wrote:Good idea...but what if the arma player is Luke-jr :?
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Mkay1 wrote:
biasoner wrote:Lol, I think you're putting too much on isoscolese :-) Due to the fact that sine has bowed out for whatever reason, I think we have back-ups via M-kay lined up. thanks though :-) -tRon Paul
Tron: we made it to durka's team!!!
Nice! I'm proud of you guys. I wish I could have been there, but I'm in the middle of moving. Although if I had been there, the team would have been eliminated immediately.
biasoner
Average Program

Post by biasoner »

Awesome job Mkay!!! congrats. Sorry I'm an old, cranky. jaded player. :-)
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

finally after wst your predictions seem to be pretty true :P