Durka's Ladle 34 Predictions

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Durka's Ladle 34 Predictions

Post by DDMJ »

Alrighty, here we go:

------------
Opening Round:
------------

Team Unknown vs. Anesthetized
- UNK is a solid group or players and it appears as though Anesthetized is going to dissolve away unless teen can find some players to join him. However, even if he does, I have to give the edge to UNK since they will be way more prepared and ready for battle.
- Result: UNK wins 2-0

DarkSyndicated vs. Consonant Appreciation Team
- The veteran DS squad is up against a new team headed by the rapidly improving Lizmatic. By herself she will pull together her team for one match win, but DS regains composure and squeaks out a victory.
- Result: DS wins 2-1

Everybody Chill vs. PRU
- Although Everybody Chill has the server advantage since they will play in TSP PA0, PRU is far more experienced and skilled and skilled at fortress to be phased by the lag. Everybody Chill is an ironic name because no one will be "chill" after PRU rolls through them.
- Result: PRU wins 2-0

Crazy Tronners vs. Speeders
- This one all depends on who shows up, seriously. If CT brings Woned, Gonzap, Emmy, and Xyron, they will win. If SP shows up with Psyko, Flex, Insa, Viper, and Luzifer, they win. If both teams show up with all of the people I just named, then it's going to be an absolute brutal battle. Playing in a Euro server (G5's) will slightly slow down SP (especially orion if he plays). Rewind the calendar a little bit and I confidently proclaim SP the clear-cut winners. However, having been out of the Ladle scene for a little bit, SP doesn't get the nod from me into the next round.
- Result: CT wins 2-1

Open Team vs. Immortal Dynasty
- This is a close one. Both teams are about equal and ID has only a slight server advantage as they play in CT's USA server. If Killer miraculously appears on game day, I believe ID will definitely take one, maybe two matches. However, the Open Team will fight hard and eventually pull this one out due to some careless errors by ID late into the matches.
- Result: Open Team wins 2-1

Jalapeños on sticks vs. TX
- A psuedo-rematch of Ladle 33's finals pits, in my opinion, the two best teams against each other in the first round. I obviously don't want to pick against my team, but for the predictions' sake, let me just state that whatever team wins this first-round matchup will win the Ladle. This one is going to be close, without a doubt.
- Result: One of the teams wins 2-1 (so the predictions can go on, I'll just "pick" one and say that TX wins)

-----------
Quarter Finals:
-----------

uNa vs. Team Unknown
- uNa just doesn't have the experience or the skill to contend with UNK. However, they can learn first-hand by watching Mkay who, in my mind, is the most improved player in the past few weeks. Nonetheless, UNK breezes into the Semi Finals.
- Result: UNK wins 2-0

DarkSyndicate vs. PRU
- DS might have slipped into the Quarter Finals, but PRU will make sure to restrain them. With a new, talented lineup, PRU is finally ready to stomp into the Semi Finals.
- Result: PRU wins 2-0

Crazy Tronners vs. Open Team
- Crazy Tronners have just too much depth for Open Team to even contend with them. Lucky to have even gotten into the second round, Open Teams falls hard to CT as Woned goes down center like it was his job.
- Result: CT wins 2-0

TX vs. Rogue Tronners
- It's always a little bit nerve-wracking to be in your first Ladle, but it's downright scary to have to play a top-notch team. However, most of R's players have, in fact, played in the Ladle before, so don't let this newcomer to the Ladle take you by surprise. Titanoboa has transformed himself into a pretty darn good fortress player over the past few months and with the ever-reliable Monkey.D.Luffy presumably heading the defense, that's a pretty good attack/defense combination. Having a few CT'ers as subs will definitely help, but since the game might be played in a US server (TSP KS), it will be rather tough to win even just one measly match.
- Result: TX wins 2-0

---------
Semi Finals:
---------

Team Unknown vs. PRU
- Being randomly assigned to the top-half of the bracket was the best thing that could ever happen to these two teams. Both vying to reach the Finals for the first time, UNK and PRU will put on quite a show. I can really see this going back and forth with UNK winning the first match, but PRU winning the second one. The third match is up for grabs. If Mkay is on his game, UNK has a date in the finals, it's as simple as that.
- Result: UNK wins 2-1

Crazy Tronners vs. TX
- If I was wrong before, I'm definitely not now: whoever wins this game (whether it be SP vs. TX, SP vs. JoS, or CT vs. JoS) WILL win the Ladle. Again, it depends who ends up showing up for CT. However, no matter who's playing, it will be an all-out war. This could honestly go either way, but, I don't think Woned can work his magic this time around.
- Result: TX wins 2-1

-----
Finals:
-----

Team Unknown vs. TX
- Now, for real, whoever wins this matchup will win the Ladle! Joking aside, UNK's miraculous run has come to an end. They have fought hard and should be proud of how far they have gotten in this Ladle. Ever since losing in the finals of Ladle 33, TX has set out to avenge their loss and claim victory once again.
- Result: TX* wins 2-0

--------
Disclaimer:
--------

*This is obviously biased. As I said earlier, I truly believe that the winner of the Ladle will be the winner of the JoS vs. TX matchup.
Concord

Re: Durka's Ladle 34 Predictions

Post by Concord »

Everything man-made is biased, I don't worry about at least.

These are really nice to read, I'm rarely on that end of it.
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

Concord wrote:These are really nice to read, I'm rarely on that end of it.
Thank you! :D
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

DDMJ wrote:Playing in a Euro server (G5's) will slightly slow down SP (especially orion if he plays)
High ping make the talent :D
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Interesting Thread!

I predict that for the first time ever, TheServerPharm Servers will NOT suck!
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

compguygene wrote:...for the first time ever, TheServerPharm Servers will NOT suck!
Wow, even you admit it. :P

I certainly like that Team Unknown. I hope it really is PRU ad uNk in the semis, should be a great match up. I'm more excited about the upper bracket than the lower one this Ladle.
theroze
Match Winner

Post by theroze »

Nice Predictions. I think, the top-half Semifinal will be as exciting as the bottom one. Only the skillpacks are not the same.
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

Don't think that winner von JoS vs TX wins ladle tbh ... and you forgot me for the players who let CT win ^^ i am defense ;)
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

thanks for this very realistic appraisal - it's the same i'd have said to every match (except that someone else but tx wins the finals ;) ) , and I hope we don't play as disappointing as we did last time :?

i love how these predictions put some pressure on our team :D
Pr3
Round Winner

Post by Pr3 »

uNk has prepared -
Like this bear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghgg_fukbvU
8)
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

i will take care not to tell our team something like Carlos Bilardo/Diego Maradona did...
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

OMG WORD! dont make me cry pls! bilardo maradona FTFW!
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

enjoyable reading
durka
i'd watch a video with this kind of script :)

there's online editing sites
though i haven't seen a shared version yet...
hold the line
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

Durka: would your prediction change if I told you I can't make the ladle :S. My comp is broken.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Mkay1 wrote:My comp is broken.
Lies! You're grounded because you shot over par in golf, aren't you?