America vs Europe: Sign-ups and Nominees!

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Deidara
On Lightcycle Grid

America vs Europe: Sign-ups and Nominees!

Post by Deidara »

nononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono
Last edited by Deidara on Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Re: America vs Europe: Sign-ups and Nominees!

Post by Lackadaisical »

I saw hayes removed himself, how about if you don't want to play (and you're nominated) just put

Code: Select all

<del> </del>
around your name so it's clear you don't want to play and you won't get nominated by someone else?
Deidara
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Deidara »

Good idea Lack, I'll add that.

Any other input is welcome too.
Van-hayes
Round Winner

Post by Van-hayes »

Ya good idea, that makes it clear, done.
You've gone too far, turn back!
Deidara
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Deidara »

Idea: once the ~4 weeks of nominating are up, I make a topic and each person can name 6 people for each team that they think is the best, I'll keep the score and the 6 people of each team who got the most votes, get to play. Then, America vs Europe will have a best of 5 match. Will determine later in what server.

Of course with voting it has to happen with a known and legit forum account, so its not rigged.

This seems like the easiest solution.
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Questions:
  • Why not 8v8? Seems more interesting.
    Why not one best of 3 match in a US and an EU server?
And I think we should vote in 2 subs aswell, so 10 players on each team if it's 8v8. Just in case someone's internet is being a b*tch.

Other than that I think I agree :D
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

btw voodoo is european, french. So move him to the right position ^^
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

done
Flex
Round Winner

Post by Flex »

Titanoboa: I agree of having best of 3 in both a European and North American server instead of switching servers just after 1 match. A reasonable, roughly, 90 minutes at home and away - so to speak - should be perfect. If it does indeed result in a draw, being each continent wins in their own continent or vise versa, then the team with the most rounds won or most score points won in total should decide where the final best of 3 is played at.

The IRC randomizer script that we use for the Ladles to decide which location it begins with first should be fair enough.

Also in my opinion; this nominations idea is silly and I think players should just sign themselves up if they wish to play. So there's no confusion on who is or isn't going to make it and even if they're aware of being chosen. I liked the idea of each player giving a choice of 2 or 3 positions they can play. Such as 'Sweeper, Attacker, Defender, Centre' besides their names, which would assist in choosing players for the line-up and prevent players being forcfully put into a position they don't wish to play in.

Also I believe it should be a public vote, but I disagree with how each player is picked based on personal preference rather than perfection of a team based on the 6 man line-up. There should just be a sign-up for players and also a sign up for captain/manager and maybe also a co-captain/manager sign up so everybody can simply vote on which captain/manager is chosen to pick the players and co-captains to assist him, for each continent.
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

The US server should be in the middle of the US like in Texas, not 5 feet from the Atlantic Ocean.
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

DDMJ wrote:The US server should be in the middle of the US like in Texas, not 5 feet from the Atlantic Ocean.
This gave me an idea. One of the matches are in central europe (anywhere except GB is fair enough I guess), and one in central US like durka said.
Third match could be in an east coast US server. Most euros have nearly as low pings as most americans in there.
Deidara
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Deidara »

nonononononononononononononononononononononononononono
Last edited by Deidara on Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

/me nominates swiss
Rudycantfail
Average Program

Post by Rudycantfail »

8v8 with 2 subs per team would probably be best
I'm also all for the public vote, it would definitely be the quickest and most fair way to go about picking.

Just to be clear though, anyone can nominate any good player they want to play? (Including themselves?)
-Just another fortress nerd.
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

Rudycantfail wrote:Just to be clear though, anyone can nominate any good player they want to play? (Including themselves?)
I don't see any reason why people can't nominated themselves: if they're not good enough they won't get any votes anyway.

Can't say I agree with you being "good" though :D Some disoriented noob seems to have nominated you already anyway. :]