UNA, new armagetron clan

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
DESiRE
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: UNA, new armagetron clan

Post by DESiRE »

Looks like your clan is growing pretty fast! Hope to see you guys in this upcoming Ladle!
Nelhybel
Round Winner

Post by Nelhybel »

Thank you desire!
Feel free to contact me here or on the grid if you would like assistance or support in beginning a relationship with Jesus Christ.
---
uNa| United Noobs of Armagetron Forums
-=}ID< Immortal Dynasty Forums
_~`Ww_ Wild West Forums
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

kyle wrote:
kyle wrote:
DESiRE wrote:Kyle, your list seems to be wrong. There are no Velocity servers on your list, and people are almost always playing in it ;)
I noticed that there must still be something wrong with my query. Velocity sumo is on there now. I'll take a look sometime later.
I finally got time to find the error. i had a + where i meant to have a *. it made it just a little over 7 hours instead of 7 days. Anyway I made it show how many times it showed up with players and the max number of players in it that it shows up with. (it does take a little bit of time to load)

http://usa.crazy-tronners.com/grid/serverused.php
Thank you for fixing the script, Kyle. When I saw your original post, I checked a few server logs, and wondered if something was wrong with the script. This will be a very useful tool for me to keep track of my server's actual usage.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Nelhybel
Round Winner

Post by Nelhybel »

Word wrote:
Nelhybel wrote:You again contradict yourself, but the argument is not worth the time, so let's let this be.
No he doesn't....it's just you again who misunderstands it.

Once again, step by step :P

1) Most clans host servers
2) These servers have usually the similar settings
3) Many clans host many servers with the same settings
4) So, where's the point in having about 20 Fortress Servers when 3 EU and 3 US ones would be more than enough (so there's always a "regular" server and 2 servers for clanwars)
5) Now we still got our 14 servers ---> enough room to try something new and creative.
If this is what was intended, then I suppose I did misunderstand; my apologies. Though I still disagree somewhat with the idea.

With one of the 14 hypothetical servers, somebody needs to make a server that simply has team on team matches. Team x vs. Team y, no bases, somewhat low rubber, and the teams just fight until all the members of one of the teams has been killed. Sounds like basic fun, kinda like ffa but with teams; it may already exist and I just haven't played it, my apologies if that's the case.
Feel free to contact me here or on the grid if you would like assistance or support in beginning a relationship with Jesus Christ.
---
_~`Ww_ Wild West Forums
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Of course there used to be basic team servers. You may not realise this, but fortress and all that other related crap haven't always been in the game; they only came about 3 years ago. Unfortunately, in people's desires and efforts (still ongoing) to strip away the uniqueness of this game by shoving in all these stupid, superfluous, gimmicky game modes (just play another game!), many of those good servers got lost.

However, I will be alternating BiH as a teams-of-two server now and then. No horrid clans needed (or wanted).

And, of course, there is presently sinewav's incam-only server, "Adventures of TRON: Tron Experience," which is 3v3 teams.
Nelhybel
Round Winner

Post by Nelhybel »

Phytotron wrote:Of course there used to be basic team servers. You may not realise this, but fortress and all that other related crap haven't always been in the game; they only came about 3 years ago. Unfortunately, in people's desires and efforts (still ongoing) to strip away the uniqueness of this game by shoving in all these stupid, superfluous, gimmicky game modes (just play another game!), many of those good servers got lost.

However, I will be alternating BiH as a teams-of-two server now and then. No horrid clans needed (or wanted).

And, of course, there is presently sinewav's incam-only server, "Adventures of TRON: Tron Experience," which is 3v3 teams.
I've played since summer 2005 (longer than you perhaps?) and I am aware of what existed then, and what exists now.
Back then, I played primarily in ffa servers, and also in some shooting server. Fort must have existed around then, because I recall playing it a few times (and disliking it; I'm guessing it was still in a beta state). I don't think sumo existed at the time.

Phytotron, I don't understand the aura of hate that always appears in your posts. These game modes may be "crap" to you, and people's opinions will vary; but if you want to attract more players to the game, it only makes sense that you widen the variety of playing modes. I personally find fort, sumo, and ctf delightful :D
---
_~`Ww_ Wild West Forums
FroZen
Average Program

Post by FroZen »

Nelhybel wrote:
Phytotron wrote:Of course there used to be basic team servers. You may not realise this, but fortress and all that other related crap haven't always been in the game; they only came about 3 years ago. Unfortunately, in people's desires and efforts (still ongoing) to strip away the uniqueness of this game by shoving in all these stupid, superfluous, gimmicky game modes (just play another game!), many of those good servers got lost.

I've played since summer 2005 (longer than you perhaps?) and I am aware of what existed then, and what exists now.
Back then, I played primarily in ffa servers, and also in some shooting server. Fort must have existed around then, because I recall playing it a few times (and disliking it; I'm guessing it was still in a beta state). I don't think sumo existed at the time.

Phytotron, I don't understand the aura of hate that always appears in your posts. These game modes may be "crap" to you, and people's opinions will vary; but if you want to attract more players to the game, it only makes sense that you widen the variety of playing modes. I personally find fort, sumo, and ctf delightful :D
Phytotron is like the old man who always yells at you to get off his lawn. The one that plays cards all day, doesn't leave the house, and always seems to bring up how he use to walk fifteen miles each day to school, in the snow, both ways. If you just nod your head once in a while he probably won't get aggressive
Nelhybel
Round Winner

Post by Nelhybel »

FroZen wrote:Phytotron is like the old man who always yells at you to get off his lawn. The one that plays cards all day, doesn't leave the house, and always seems to bring up how he use to walk fifteen miles each day to school, in the snow, both ways. If you just nod your head once in a while he probably won't get aggressive
Will do =)
---
_~`Ww_ Wild West Forums
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

FroZen wrote:and always seems to bring up how he use to walk fifteen miles each day to school, in the snow, uphill, both ways.
Fixed that. And Phytotron was around way before shooting servers came up, which was after Fortress. So Nelhybel loses that particular irrelevant e-nis contest.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Funny how shooting and other game modes have changed the way people play. The first year I played Armagetron, I spent the vast majority of my time playing Fortress Shootout! I dabbled around playing in other servers, but Fortress Shootout will always be my first love. One night a fortress player introduced me to Fortress, and I began to focus much more on that. Nowadays, I am not playing a lot, since I have begun to code scripts and a little C++, as well as server hosting and game server administration, and my new forums, blogs, and wiki in the works. But, I randomly play CTF, CTFS, Fortress, Sumo, Wild Fortress, Sumo, TeamSumo, and any other server that people are playing in, even if I get totally owned!
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Z-Man wrote:
FroZen wrote:and always seems to bring up how he use to walk fifteen miles each day to school, in the snow, uphill, both ways.
Fixed that.
Don't forget, barefoot. And I was thankful!
Nelhybel
Round Winner

Post by Nelhybel »

Z-Man wrote:So Nelhybel loses that particular irrelevant e-nis contest.
Wd Phytotron =D
---
_~`Ww_ Wild West Forums