UNA, new armagetron clan

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Nelhybel
Round Winner

UNA, new armagetron clan

Post by Nelhybel »

Just want to post that a new Armagetron Clan has been created:
The United Noobs of Armagetron, or rather, UNA.

Despite our name, we are looking for well skilled players to add to our team!

The clan was founded by myself (Nelhybel), Willy Wonka, and Ossy. Our forums were just launched a number of days ago, and we've already had two applications submitted, which we are currently reviewing.

Our forums are: http://www.unatron.ipbfree.com, and we do hope to launch at least one server at some point!

See you all on the grid, and I look forward to bringing the UNA to the march laddle!
Last edited by Nelhybel on Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to contact me here or on the grid if you would like assistance or support in beginning a relationship with Jesus Christ.
---
uNa| United Noobs of Armagetron Forums
-=}ID< Immortal Dynasty Forums
_~`Ww_ Wild West Forums
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: UNA, new armagetron clan

Post by sinewav »

Good luck Nelhybel. Tell me, what is your clan's specialty? As in, what game modes and such? How about your short-term versus long-term goals?

Also, looks like you have a URL fail above.
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

I'll be impressed if you can put together an organized, decent fortress team by the March ladle. Good luck to you and your clanmates.
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

Desolate wrote:I'll be impressed if you can put together an organized, decent fortress team by the March ladle.
I won't, it's quite reasonable to organize a team in 2.5 weeks. Sounds like they are already half way there.
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

It's still somewhat of an accomplishment, some clans can't get organized enough for tournaments even though they were created months before.
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

I look forward to Phytotron's reply on clans. Also, you realize there was a team/whatever called The Secret Society Of Anonymous Noobs? This reminds me of it, good times.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

what happened to SK?
Nelhybel
Round Winner

Post by Nelhybel »

Thank you for all the enthusiasm!
Despite troubles we may run into, I do believe it is possible to put together our team for the March laddle! :D

@Sine: Our clan specializes in fort & sumo; we hope to eventually host some servers, but that wouldn't happen till summer at the earliest; and thank you!

@Vogue: Is that where the members tried to hide their identities and what not? I don't believe we hold any similarities to that clan/team except for our name ;P

@Word: SK has been around since tron started (or something like that), it is still around, and I presume it will always be around. It is a static clan, and again, I presume it will always be this way, with uncommitted members* and complete inactivity (*I suppose this could be ossy and myself, since we only spent a few months in the clan; but it is our desire to be in an active clan that drove us out).

Again, thank you for the enthusiasm!
Feel free to contact me here or on the grid if you would like assistance or support in beginning a relationship with Jesus Christ.
---
_~`Ww_ Wild West Forums
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Nelhybel wrote:...we hope to eventually host some servers...
8) I'm going to derail your clan announcement for a discussion instead - how about that? In the end, it's more exposure for your clan, so no worries.

Rather than hosting your own servers, assuming they will be standard Fort and Sumo servers for which there are plenty; why not "share" servers with other clans/teams?

I really wish there was more sharing of resources in the Arma community. Only 10% of the servers on the master list get used with any frequency. My team, Plus+, does not have a server to practice in (as much as we'd like to at times). But we've been able to get around this by using Ladle servers, since usually I or Concord will have level 7 auth, and also using Bugfarm Referee's /callvote referee function.

So this is what I propose: Let's all start sharing servers by handing out more authority. Or, maybe more servers can have a /callvote referee build. Especially when it comes to Fortress, the idea of pick-up games keeps resurfacing. Giving more people freedom, and more opportunities for serious play would really be great for the community IMO. Also, it would give us a break from DS Mega Fail ...oops, I mean Mega Fort. :wink:
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Gosh, I sure support the notion of somehow consolidating as many as possible of these redundant servers all the clans (and a few individuals) have set up.

I'm also still waiting for that separate, independent forum to be set up as an umbrella for all clans and their talk, issues, drama, tourneys, and whatnot. I think it has been a few years since that was first proposed (and I think I recall there being a few clans who even claimed they were on the road to doing it), but alas....
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

Phytotron wrote:I'm also still waiting for that separate, independent forum to be set up as an umbrella for all clans and their talk, issues, drama, tourneys, and whatnot. I think it has been a few years since that was first proposed (and I think I recall there being a few clans who even claimed they were on the road to doing it), but alas....
Been & gone already
DESiRE
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by DESiRE »

I actually thought about doing this the other night. The reason DDMJ's probably failed was because it was poorly designed and not enough advertisement. We all know how active Durka is.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Yeah, the "Federation of Clans"—that's what I was thinking of. Someone get back on that, or something like it. You guys have managed to get the "Ladle" stuff going; surely you can do something like this now.

And then shoo off.
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

well, the Ladle actually is fun.
Nelhybel
Round Winner

Post by Nelhybel »

I agree with the clan organization thing.

I was actually having this thought last night; there should be like a UN sorta thing for clans (except unlike the UN, it would actually try to accomplish things). That would help prevent super rivalries like ID/Vcl from occurring, no?

I disagree with the condensing of servers. My American/conservativeness (?) makes me think it would be better that we let this interesting form of capitalism flourish, and allow people to open servers as they wish. Please note this reflects personal views, not the view of uNa.
---
_~`Ww_ Wild West Forums