New Banner?

Got something that makes Armagetron look shiny? Post it here.
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

New Banner?

Post by INW »

Me and quite a few others have noticed that the banner to this website is pretty "oldish" and that it is really getting boring. (Not to affend the creator, the banner looks great, but after time, it gets to be same old same old). Anyway, i dont have a suggestion to a new banner since im not into graphics but i was wondering if the Tron community wanted to create a new banner or something to the main forums to "jazz" it up a little. ;)
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: New Banner?

Post by Phytotron »

Hasn't there been enough done to appease the kids?
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

Van-hayes
Round Winner

Post by Van-hayes »

Well you might want to look at the armaunified theme. Lack made that not too long ago, pretty much over hauled the old style. Go into user control panel and select it from Board Preferences. I think there are plans on updating the wiki and maybe the main site as well down the road with a similar style.
You've gone too far, turn back!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

INW wrote:...the banner to this website is pretty "oldish" and that it is really getting boring.
OMG I totally know what you mean man. I need A LOT of stimulus when I go to a website because I get bored sooooo easily. Websites should be more about entertainment and less about information (if I wanted to just learn things, I'd read a textbook, gawd!). I wish the graphics would change after every 25 posts or something. I tried the other themes here but got bloody bored of them too. So I came up with something I do, which might help you too.

I have a stack of "banners" next to my computer I use when I am surfing the web. They are really easy to swap out when I visit a new page, and I can make new ones every day! How exciting is that!? It's so fun because I'm being creative too! You should TOTALLY try it man. The only bad thing is I haven't figured out how to make them move around and stuff without an oscillating fan. You know, if a banner isn't flashing or moving, I'm like, boooorrrrring....
Attachments
forumBanner5.jpg
FroZen
Average Program

Post by FroZen »

That's a pretty good drawing.
On a non-sarcastic note, I think the banner looks fine.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

You did the cycle wrong.
MrsKsr
Shutout Match Winner

Post by MrsKsr »

Heh nice picture sine; Your humor is one of a kind :D
"You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one;
I hope some day you will join us, and the world can live as one"

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”

I believe that to truly love is the ultimate expression of the will to live.
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

Maybe show us what you got?

On a side note i'm thinking of giving the logo/top block of the arma unified theme a bit more pizaz but have no idea how, so i could use some inspiration anyway.
ZURD101
Core Dumper

Post by ZURD101 »

the banner looks fine....aside from that lil bit out of TRON2.0.....o.o meh it blends...dont change the banner, it matches, and i doubt anyone could do better than that without having to change the skin forum.