Need help with compiling server code

Post here if you need help setting up your server, etc.
...<JAKE>...

Need help with compiling server code

Post by ...<JAKE>... »

Im interested in compiling the code for a windows server to run ctf. Right now im just having trouble compiling the code without the patch. Im using code::blocks to compile and i keep getting this when i try to build it...

"Armagetron - Armagetron - Win32 Release" uses an invalid compiler. Skipping...
"Armagetron - Armagetron - Win32 Debug" uses an invalid compiler. Skipping...
"Armagetron - Armagetron - Win32 Profile" uses an invalid compiler. Skipping...
Nothing to be done.

Can anyone help???? THX in advance
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Install Mingw. Last I checked, Code::blocks didn't come with mingw, you have to install it separately.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
...<JAKE>...

What do i have to do with it?

Post by ...<JAKE>... »

Thx Lucifer....all i have to do is install it and then try code::blocks again?

also there is a bunch of different kinds of mingw? a link would be very useful thanks a lot :D
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

Actually Lucifer, I found quite similar problems. Try this Jake,http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads/5 (assuming you have windows, click the one that says mingw), its code::blocks, and it has ming included, your problem was this:(HighLited),

you compiler could not find mingw, which led to an error, once you get the mingw version, you must go to this and click "auto detect"

hope i helped

"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
...<JAKE>...

Post by ...<JAKE>... »

Thx a ton ratchet! I've got everything compiled now but i've got 2 more questions.... when i compile it it says 1 error couldn't find 'big' directory??
Everything still compiles though and it creates win_32_release directory.....but is this the working version? Im trying to create dedicated server if that helps.....
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

Hmm, I'm not all that familiar with their codes, but If I remember correctly, there might be something you have to change on windows, I'll leave it to Lucifer to answer that =-\
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

-Ratchet- wrote:Hmm, I'm not all that familiar with their codes, but If I remember correctly, there might be something you have to change on windows, I'll leave it to Lucifer to answer that =-\
Me? I don't know, I only know how to compile for Linux. :)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

At one point, you need to invoke the "makedist.bat" file. On 0.2.8, you do that before you compile, on the trunk, maybe afterwards. I don't know about this 'big' thing, could you give the full error message?
...<JAKE>...

Post by ...<JAKE>... »

sorry z-man, i cant seem to get that error again...but i have something else now.... this is what it says after i compile code using code::blocks workspace

Linking executable: ..\dist\armagetronad.exe
mingw32-g++.exe: ..\dist\libSDL.a: No such file or directory
mingw32-g++.exe: ..\dist\libSDL_image.a: No such file or directory
mingw32-g++.exe: ..\dist\libSDL_mixer.a: No such file or directory
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

any one have any suggestions?
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

do you have the winlibs package? it needs to be in the same directory as the main 'armagetronad' dir of the main build. Also, you NEED to run makedist.bat.
There's no place like ::1
HaMar

Re: Need help with compiling server code

Post by HaMar »

Hi all!

I tried to compile the source of the armagetron, I have ByteXP (that is nearly the same like windows Xp, it is said, that ByteXp is faster). I am using code::blocks8.02. I have python2.4. In the Environment variables i added for the Path variable ";C:\Python24". I installed bazaar. I set the armagetronad (SVN) and winlib (SVN) into the same directory(and of course i downloaded everything). I have a minGW installed as it was written. What did I miss? I went through the steps i think i didn't miss anything.
One more i don't really know, does xcopy work on windowsXP? It seems it has problem but it maybe because something wrong with my compiling.

So...
I get the same error message like JAKE, i saw wrtlprnft's help, i did everything and the error is still exist:

Linking executable: ..\dist\armagetronad.exe
mingw32-g++.exe: ..\dist\libSDL.a: No such file or directory
mingw32-g++.exe: ..\dist\libSDL_image.a: No such file or directory
mingw32-g++.exe: ..\dist\libSDL_mixer.a: No such file or directory
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

I looked after these files but i didn't find them... i couldn't download in no way. I guess I should create it somehow, but i have no idea how to continue. Does anyone have any suggestion?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

If you have the winlibs package, you need to compile the entire code::blocks workspace. That should create the files you're missing.
HaMar

Post by HaMar »

May I should had had build all of the other projects before building the armagetronadvsource... it will take a half hour.
HaMar

Post by HaMar »

Oké I could make an executable file, thanx for the help Z-man. Now it is looks like i can use the exe, if i copy it into an other armagetron directory xD Because the batch file don't work for me. It writes lots of missing files and something wrong with the xcopy... may it also don't find the exact files.:O I hope i won't need those files...:S
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Nah, the only required files are the language files, and the worst sneaky error that can happen there if you have wrong versions is cryptic output every now and then.