Ladle 28 Predictions inspired by Concord's playfortress post

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Ladle 28 Predictions inspired by Concord's playfortress post

Post by DDMJ »

These are my (unbiased (for the most part)) predictions for the upcoming Ladle.

Read and enjoy!

P.S. Click here to view Concord's version on playfortress (he only did the Opening Round).

---

Opening Round:

Crazy Tronners Alpha vs ~*SpeederS*~

SP has some of the biggest guns in the game: PsYkO, Flex, FoFo, and Judders to name a few. Emmy will have a solid defense as always, but the key to CT's success is Woned; if he can go down SP's middle a couple times, they're going to win, if not, they'll have a tough time playing from behind.

My prediction: SP escapes with a 2-1 victory.

Dark Syndicate vs degree°Clan

DS has been around for years, but they're current lineup for this Ladle does not have the experience it usually does. On the other hand, Degree will be making its Ladle debut. Having many of the members of the Ladle 27 winning Arrow Clan, Degree has the edge over a new look DS squad.

My prediction: Degree cruises to a 2-0 win.

The Usual Suspects vs Open Team

Kill or Die makes its much anticipated return to the Ladle scene under a different name. There's not much to discuss here since the Open Team is way less talented.

My prediction: The (experienced) Usual Suspects blow by Open Team, 2-0.

Team uNknown vs Plus

UNK has been slowly getting better, whereas Plus seems to be the same pile of players. But Plus must not think this will be a walk in the park because UNK is going to come ready to play.

My prediction: Plus falters a little but comes out on top, 2-1.

Team Poland vs Immortal Silence

Since when did Poland get internet? But seriously, these guys mean business. Newbie is lethal at every position and with Sebol defending and Slash attacking, they're a force to be reckoned with. Immortal Silence, a combination of ID and BS, is not familiar to playing with each other and far less experienced.

My prediction: Team Poland easily beats Immortal Silence, 2-0.

Super Gays vs PLZ RES US

The Super Gays make their return for Ladle 28 only to be matched up with a potentially tough PRU team. However, there are only 5 players listed on the PRU roster and if 1 doesn't show, they are royally screwed. But, assuming they have enough players for a full team, I still have to give the edge to the Super Gays, especially because they will be playing in a US (Texas) server.

My prediction: The Super Gays squeak out a 2-1 victory.

Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats vs Crazy Cowboys

SageLord is back, 'nuff sed. Realistically, however, he may be a tad rusty, but that won't slow down the rest of the team in this opening round matchup against the Crazy Cowboys. This Wild-West-like team means business but hasn't had enough practice to contend with the Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats.

My (unbiased) prediction: TX cruises to a 2-0 win.

VcL vs Crazy Tronners Beta

VcL didn't almost beat the Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats. In fact, they lost 2-0 against a sub-par TX lineup and with some help from Lizmatic. If their "almost win" has given them some cocky confidence, they are in store for a smashing from CT B. However, I don't believe VcL will go into the Ladle with that attitude. But still, CT B is far superior talent wise and will have the ping advantage since the match is in a Euro server.

My prediction: CT B dismantles VcL 2-0.

Quarter Finals

~*SpeederS*~ vs degree°Clan

Fresh off their impressive win against CT A, SP better be prepared for a good fight; Degree is out to make a name for themselves. However, SP's done this many times and is ready for any challenge. If the big guns stay on top of their game, the Semi Finals are within sight. But don't count your chickens before they hatch SP because Degree is out to getcha!

My prediction: SP steadily takes control in the 3rd match for a solid 2-1 victory.

The Usual Suspects vs Plus

Plus is no match for The Usual Suspects. Truly veterans of the game, The Usual Suspects should have little trouble with Plus's attack and after due time, the defense will buckle as well.

My prediction: The Usual Suspects roll into the next round with a 2-0 shutout.

Team Poland vs Super Gays

The Super Gays will have plenty of trouble having to play against a tough Poland team in a Euro server. They better celebrate their victory over PRU because they are not moving past Team Poland.

My prediction: Team Poland marches its way into the Semi Finals with an easy 2-0 win.

Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats vs Crazy Tronners Beta
After shaking off the cobwebs, SageLord (& Co.) is (are) ready to pounce on CT B. CT B is talented but TX has the server advantage: half of TX (Durka, Goody, Sage) are American, while no one on CT B is.

My (yet again unbiased) prediction: Playing in a US (Chicago) server, TX squeaks out 2 close matches in a row for a 2-0 win.

Semi Finals

~*SpeederS*~ vs The Usual Suspects

PsYkO, Lackadaisical, Flex, Luzifer, Sasha, pavelo, viper, eggcozy, FoFo, MaZuffeR, Judders, madmax, etc, etc. This could very well be the championship match, but due to the draw, these 2 powerhouses are going to duke it out in an epic Ladle showdown. SP is a hot team with new additions, but if The Usual Suspects can rekindle their past chemistry, then they've got this in the bag.

My prediction: In a must-record battle, The Usual Suspects grind out (no pun intended) a 2-1 victory.

Team Poland vs Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats

Team Poland had their run, but now they must face a confident TX squad in a US (Chicago) server.

My (unbiased (I swear)) prediction: Despite a valiant effort from newbÎe and his fellow countrymen, TX still comes out on top, 2-0.

Finals

The Usual Suspects vs Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats

Durka would love to beat his old KoD team, especially in the Ladle finals (why am I talking in 3rd person). Ok, now this is where my bias kicks in...

My (100% biased) prediction: After coming off of a very impressive victory over SP, The Usual Suspects will come out firing, easily taking the first match. Then, Sage switches into psycho mode and fires up his team despite Goody's cold humor and sarcastic remarks/criticisms. The team hits their stride and takes the final 2 matches to win Ladle 28, beating The Usual Suspects in the finals by a score of 2-1.
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Ladle 28 Predictions inspired by Concord's playfortress post

Post by LucK »

DDMJ wrote: VcL vs Crazy Tronners Beta
VcL didn't almost beat the Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats. In fact, they lost 2-0 against a sub-par TX lineup and with some help from Lizmatic. If their "almost win" has given them some cocky confidence, they are in store for a smashing from CT B. However, I don't believe VcL will go into the Ladle with that attitude. But still, CT B is far superior talent wise and will have the ping advantage since the match is in a Euro server.
We were never cocky about the "almost" win. If you don't remember we didn't have a full team there either.
theroze
Match Winner

Post by theroze »

Dorka wrote:Immortal Silence, a combination of ID and BS, is not familiar to playing with each other and far less experienced.
E.g. we play with Ari and Sunrise. 2 very well skilled players. Of course, team poland has very good players, too. But we have a good chance.
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

lol that's what i don't like about these rankings. Concord's version was more neutral :S
pike
Round Winner

Post by pike »

DDMJ wrote:Since when did Poland get internet?
Ugh... Polish joke. Was there ever one that was at least a bit funny?
/me slaps Durka :D (I did it now, not on the grid because we're gonna play CTb in semis :P)
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

LucK wrote:
We were never cocky about the "almost" win. If you don't remember we didn't have a full team there either.
We had Liz def.

If she had not have been def we would have lost 2-0.

EDIT: you guys also had me play, and I was technically not in VcL at the time either...
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

lol I never said that having Liz didn't help...
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

Interesting predictions, obviously I agree about the 2-0 win against DS but we won't be cocky and treat them like any other enemy. We'll try to crush them, succesfully I hope!

Clarification about the whole TX vs VcL thing: TX won 2-0 but VCL got over 70/80 pts each match thats why you could call both matches "close". I only say this to aggrivate TX members though, most seem to get so annoyed by the idea of losing against them, which I totally understand haha. They don't have a chance against CT B without me defending, so they will lose 2-0, big time.
Van-hayes
Round Winner

Post by Van-hayes »

Well, if the first round goes as you are predicting(looks like it should) these quarter finals are going to be some good match ups for the most part. I would say the only sure one in there would be that Poland beats super gays, the rest are going to be chalenging for both the teams involved. At least no one is going to walk through to the finals this time, the brackets look pretty even.
You've gone too far, turn back!
Concord

Post by Concord »

no syllable a human has every uttered has been unbiased, its just a question of understanding how and why
Flex
Round Winner

Post by Flex »

that semi's finals would be an epic match.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

DDMJ wrote:Then, Sage switches into psycho mode and fires up his team despite Goody's cold humor and sarcastic remarks/criticisms.
:lol: I LOL'd!

I think this prediction is pretty realistic. This will probably be the most amazing, bizarre Ladle yet. I can't wait.
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

Just remember, these aren't going to be 100% correct, obviously, they're just one man's predictions, no harm intended.
LucK wrote:
@ LucK:
DDMJ wrote:However, I don't believe VcL will go into the Ladle with that attitude.
And no I don't remember because I wasn't there.
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

sinewav wrote:
DDMJ wrote:Then, Sage switches into psycho mode and fires up his team despite Goody's cold humor and sarcastic remarks/criticisms.
:lol: I LOL'd!

I think this prediction is pretty realistic. This will probably be the most amazing, bizarre Ladle yet. I can't wait.
http://twixted-xats.ath.cx/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53
http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php?title=Ladle_23
:cry:
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

owned wrote: :cry:
Oh yeah, that one was amazing too! But this time it'll be CT vs CT in the finals instead of the semis, right?