Scripted ladder at homepage

Everything todo with programming goes HERE.
theroze
Match Winner

Scripted ladder at homepage

Post by theroze »

Can someone help me? I wanna have a Online play list at the page from my clan ( bs clan site ) but i dont know how to intergrate the script in the website.

Thanks, theroze.
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Scripted ladder at homepage

Post by AI-team »

You need your own webspace/website no forums hoster like the one you have

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

theroze
Match Winner

Post by theroze »

But that forum has a online player list, too. And its defenitly a forum.
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
strayer

Post by strayer »

You want to have a online player list that is similar/like/identical to the list at the bs clan site (it doesn't seem to be a real online player list but some kind of stats ranking)?...

"...no."
Sorry. It seems I misunderstood you then.

"...yes - and I have access on this bs clan site."
Check its scripts since there should be a query script somewhere and use it as starting point for your own work.

"...yes - and I don't have access on this bs clan site."
There exists a file called "armagetron-php-client.php" in the AAD SVN sources. Download this file if you want to query a server. Keep in mind to query the servers not on every site request because doing scheduled queries at discrete points of time (try cronjobs) might reduse the traffic for your server and the queried game server over time. Furthermore you have the chance to generate some stats then.
A pessimist is an optimist with experience... ;o)