The "You're Screwed." moviepack

Got something that makes Armagetron look shiny? Post it here.
pie goes moo
Round Winner

The "You're Screwed." moviepack

Post by pie goes moo »

First of all, I would like to say I came up with this while on the toilet. Here is a screenshot:
ScReEnShOt AnD ePiLiPtIc TeXt
ScReEnShOt AnD ePiLiPtIc TeXt
Next, you can obviously download the moviepack:
pies_screwd_moviepack.zip
The moviepack in a zip
(14.87 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
And that's really it. Don't forget to post complains/concerns/comments!
Oh, yeah, ALL THE FOLLOWING SETTINGS SHOULD BE AS FOLLOWS: FLOOR_RED .5 FLOOR_GREEN .5 FLOOR_BLUE .5 (just so the floor shows up grey)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: The "You're Screwed." moviepack

Post by sinewav »

Ok, this really doesn't qualify as a "moviepack." You might want to rename this thread to reflect that. You have, however, made some interesting replacement textures.

I'd say this is an above average effort. You score points for the clever idea and consistent design motif. You avoided tacky colors and the overall contrast/tone makes this rather practical. However, the dir_wall.png is a little much for my tastes.

Rating: 3 Stars. :star: :star: :star:
theroze
Match Winner

Post by theroze »

but its a good "texture pack" though!

:star: :star: :star: 3 stars!
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
pie goes moo
Round Winner

Post by pie goes moo »

/me is an übern00b
I didn't know there was a texture pack and a movie pack
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

pie goes moo wrote:I didn't know there was a texture pack and a movie pack
There isn't, but "texture-pack" has a nice ring to it (I think I'll keep using it). It kind of defeats the purpose of moviepacks in a way, but whatever.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

The "[default] textures folder," I call it, since that's what it is. It's not totally redundant. Moviepacks have the different cycle model(s) and four rim_walls instead of one, which can be used all sorts of ways. The dir_wall is also scaled differently, allowing lengthier images/textures/patterns. Also looks shorter, to me. Strangely, the actual dir_wall image is usually smaller and lower resolution than the one for the textures folder. I wonder if that's just convention. When I made the JSRF moviepack, among others, I made it larger, but never determined whether it made any real difference. Anyway.

Am I missing anything? (Here's where Jonathan chimes in with some mostly-to-entirely useless technical details :P .)
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Phytotron wrote:Am I missing anything?
Actually, yes! The moviepack not only uses 4 walls, but if you play with the sky off, you'll notice that above those walls is black. Using the textures, however, the wall image (I'm guessing actually the last line of colors) will get stretched vertically up to "waaay up there." (Have you ever gone into incam and used the "look up" to look up minus a sky?) This, however, can be countered by entering RIM_WALL_WRAP_Y 1. Then the rim_wall texture will tile all the way, presumably with an fps hit. Plus, with the right rim wall, it can look neat.