Website repairs

Mmmm... What's cookin in the kitchen?

Moderator: Lucifer

Lucifer
Project Developer

Website repairs

Post by Lucifer »

For any of you using a new version of Internet Explorer, I've fixed the Breakfast off the Grid website now, so you can read the stuff that's there. :)

For anybody wondering, it appears you can't use filters in IE anymore. (?) There was another miscellaneous problem causing page-widening which I fixed. So in short, I found two reasons Mozilla kicks IE's ass. ;)
subby
Shutout Match Winner

Post by subby »

Yes IE sucks monkey balls, no offence War Monkey ....
ishAdmin
Match Winner

Post by ishAdmin »

mr. gates announced a beta of ie7 by the summer of 05. which means a full version is maybe a year away.

If you don't want to wait, visit http://ie7.sourceforge.net

By adding some javascript to the head of your page, you can code to the w3c standards and trust that it will display correctly in ie6. there are relatively few things that still won't work in ie6 after running this script. one little dude (with some help) has managed to fix internet explorer when mr. gates and friends haven't been able to for several years.

the main reason I use it is so I can use position: fixed in my css and actually have it WORK! you folks who like transparent png's will appreciate it as well.

And when the real ie7 does come out. I fully anticipate it will be even more bloated, slower, have a few new whiz bang features that are ultimately useless and non-standard, and will continue to be just as much of an inconvenience to web developers as the current version.
Swampy
Core Dumper

Post by Swampy »

Content! I see content now!! :D