Ladle 21 (Voting Over) Official Settings on pg. 2

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Flex
Round Winner

Re: Ladle 21 - Voting Thread

Post by Flex »

I understand the voting requirements. So that we have real voters, actually voting, but does this mean I (or anyone else) that has formed teams that has not formed one this Ladle can not vote for settings that ultimately affect future Ladles, now? Do we have to go through loop holes and create a temporary team just to get our vote in? (Is that even an acceptable loop hole?) What about clans/teams that have not formed this Ladle?

I'm just wondering, really. Not that I'm concerned about any of the current settings. I agree with most of what's on offer, anyway.
pike
Round Winner

Post by pike »

What are the results btw? It's 3 days 'till the Ladle, so I'd like to know if I should find 6 or 8 players for my team :D
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Flex wrote:but does this mean I (or anyone else) that has formed teams that has not formed one this Ladle can not vote for settings that ultimately affect future Ladles, now?
The idea was to have quarterly voting for Ladle settings, so anyone who didn't get a chance this time can vote later. I believe the rules should change with the players over time as tastes and popular strategies change, and quarterly voting seems the most reasonable so far. Leaving the vote to teams rather than individuals was successful in Ladle-16, where otherwise it has not been; and simply led to circular discussions. Forming a team just for the sake of voting might result in a proposal to abolish that practice in the future, so choose your loopholes wisely. ;)

I understand the desire to have your voice heard. I voted much differently than my teammates on some issues, but others were right on. I think this is a fair compromise. Ultimately, these are all very small changes and I think the best team usually wins the ladle regardless.

The voting discussion: http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... 09&start=0
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

Here's what I've counted:

team_max_players - 4 for 6v6, 2 for 8v8
score_hole - 6 for no
2v2 - 8 for unconquerable
scoring distribution - 6 for 6v4
brackets - 6 for random
servers - 5 for balance/random, Plus didn't vote on it
finals - 4 for rotate between US and euro, 2 for always Z-mans
server names - 6 for coordinated
team_signups- a bit hard to differentiate here, but most seem to be saying to play with the names you sign up with

@sine I agree with you. There were a couple issues I disagreed with my team on (seeding and team signups,) and we had a couple internal arguments, but we all agree that the settings we put forth are what the majority of cters want.
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

Ok, the voting is officially over. It's a shame that only 6 of the 11 teams voted, but anyways here're the settings:
  • team_max_players - 6v6
  • score_hole - no (0 points)
  • 2v2 - unconquerable
  • scoring distribution - score_win 6, fortress_conquered_score 4
  • brackets - random seeds
  • servers - balance of Euro/American? (like Ladle 20)
  • finals - rotate between Z-Man's and American Server (TR Fort for Ladle 21)
  • server names - coordinated (like Ladle 20)
  • team signups - play with the names listed on the Challenge Board
P.S. These settings will only be for the next Ladle, however, if no one objects, we will also use them for Ladle 22. Even though only 6 teams voted, it seems like the decisions were mostly unanimous. If we do end up re-voting for Ladle 22, it seems that the only thing that might get voted on is 6v6 or 8v8.
P.P.S. The server that will host the finals for Ladle 21 will be TR Fort. But the same rule applies...that is: if both teams are European, the server will be Z-Man's instead.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

DDMJ wrote:It's a shame that only 6 of the 11 teams voted, but anyways here're the settings...
Even though only 6 teams voted, it seems like the decisions were mostly unanimous. If we do end up re-voting for Ladle 22, it seems that the only thing that might get voted on is 6v6 or 8v8.
Next time you could place a link to this topic in the Challenge Board. I for example didn't search this topic, i found it when I checked the forums for something else ;)
good idea?
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

Word wrote:
DDMJ wrote:It's a shame that only 6 of the 11 teams voted, but anyways here're the settings...
Even though only 6 teams voted, it seems like the decisions were mostly unanimous. If we do end up re-voting for Ladle 22, it seems that the only thing that might get voted on is 6v6 or 8v8.
Next time you could place a link to this topic in the Challenge Board. I for example didn't search this topic, i found it when I checked the forums for something else ;)
good idea?
ah, yes, of course, my bad
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

Official Ladle 21 Settings:

Code: Select all

RINCLUDE ladle21.cfg(http://durkas.info/resource/ladle/ladle21.cfg)
SERVER_NAME 0x7fff7fLadle 21 0xff7f7f(0x7f7fffPlayer 1's Server0xff7f7f)
Obviously replace "Player 1" with your name/clan/whatever.
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Ladle 21 (Voting Over) Official Settings on pg. 2

Post by Lackadaisical »

Sorry for buggering about this now, one day before the ladle, but the last 'setting' was a bit ambiguous because it seems to deal with multiple things. Is recruiting players on the day itself prohibited now or not? Or is it fine as long as they still get signed up with the name they're playing with? How about if they're already signed up with another team (with too many players)?
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Ty for wrapping this up Durka! Glad to See TR fort used for this purpose. Already, TR fort is THE late night place for impromptu fortress games!
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Round Winner

Post by 1200 »

DDMJ wrote:P.S. These settings will only be for the next Ladle, however, if no one objects, we will also use them for Ladle 22.
In the "Looking ahead Ladle 21" thread some of us thought that keeping these settings for a period of 3 Ladles would be a good idea so that the settings that got voted can be tried out three times and so that we don't have to vote every Ladle even if some one objects. Any thoughts on this? Do we need to vote on this as well?
Lacka wrote: Is recruiting players on the day itself prohibited now or not? Or is it fine as long as they still get signed up with the name they're playing with? How about if they're already signed up with another team (with too many players)?
That is a very good point Sir Lacka.
Imo it should have been 3 separate votes and should have been written out on 3 separate lines. One for allowing recruiting on the day or not, second for making it necessary to use the name on the list or not and third if we want to impose a maximum number of players a team can list. It seems like Plus was the only team that submitted the result on all three agendas. Which technically means our vote is the majority since no other team voted for restricting recruitment on the day or restricting the maximum number of players that can be listed. And i don't think that is a bad thing since those settings have always been like that.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

DDMJ wrote:Official Ladle 21 Settings:

RINCLUDE ladle21.cfg(http://durkas.info/resource/ladle/ladle21.cfg)
Obviously replace "Player 1" with your name/clan/whatever.
Your website is godaddy parked.
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

dlh wrote:Your website is godaddy parked.
Oops, try this:

RINCLUDE ladle21.cfg(http://durka.ath.cx/resource/ladle/ladle21.cfg)
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Well i write this before it is over so i can just guess...

GZ in advance arrow. We lost against you, it was entertaining and we both didnt play on a low level. :)
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

well executed durka
and the teams who contributed

we'll revise at the end of summer :)
hold the line