Ladle 21

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Ladle 21

Post by Concord »

May 3rd, 2009

Challenge Board
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Ladle 21

Post by owned »

So do we basically have a vote on the rules a week before the tourney?
kyle
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

advertisement for it in CTWF at the moment (hopefully more of CT's servers later)
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

when do sign-ups close?
Concord

Post by Concord »

late saturday?
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

Don't we have to randomize/seed the teams though?

(I think late Friday would be better.)
Concord

Post by Concord »

yeah we do, the past two ladles we have done it saturday, and then posted it up on every forum in sight,

it seems most teams have been going to the right servers at the right time, (despite the perennially late players)
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

Why are so few of the listed servers actually running? Hopefully they will be by Sunday :). Also, {PinkTomato} Fortress says “THIS SERVICE WILL CEASE ON THE 30th APRIL 2009”—will it be running for the Ladle?

Durka, do you have a link to the official config for this Ladle?
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

dlh wrote:Durka, do you have a link to the official config for this Ladle?
http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... 94#p206594
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

hey guys, last minute my wife told me when she got home from work this morning that she wants us to go to the family cabin ovenite tonight for this evening and all day tommorow. Rather than pull the two servers I control from the ladle (The Wild West Ladle server and TheServerPharm: Fortress Freedom) I would rather see you guys use them. Durka, Kyle, K-yo, and Concord all have owner level access in those servers to admin them. Also, monkey d. luffy and destiny from wild west also have owner levels access.
please feel free to do whatever is neccesary to start matches, etc. I do have the proper settings loaded, and the titles are correct.
I will be checking the forums until about 4 pm est so let me know if there is any sort of problem you need sorted out. Both servers have been load tested and are stable. Just use the normal start_new_match command. The evil tounament patch has not been properly installed on these servers and causes instability, so please do not attempt to use it.

Compguygene
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

Ok, it looks like there're 13 teams registered. CT, WW, and Plus will all get byes since they were the top 3 teams of Ladle 20. I will randomize the teams a little later tonight. Teams can recruit players up until the start of the Ladle. Once the first round is under way, you're not allowed to recruit random players.
madmax
Round Winner

Post by madmax »

DDMJ wrote:Ok, it looks like there're 13 teams registered. CT, WW, and Plus will all get byes since they were the top 3 teams of Ladle 20.
Shouldn't randomizing decide who gets the byes too?
Winner of the How Many Pages Before The Lock® competition and a grand total of 18,93 euros in Euromillions.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

madmax wrote:Shouldn't randomizing decide who gets the byes too?
Yes, that's what I think too. Giving the top three teams from the last Ladle byes is effectively seeding them. Three teams need to be chosen randomly to be given a bye.
pike
Round Winner

Post by pike »

Doesn't matter much to me if those 3 teams will be seeded or not, as long as they _can_ meet each other in quarterfinals. Just put teams named WW-bye, Plus-bye, CT-bye with the others and shuffle :)
Round Winner

Post by 1200 »

Ok i know it may not matter to some of y'all but i think it matters to the integrity of this competition that what got voted gets carried out as such.
In this situation the result of the vote was to not to have any seeding. I personally being part of the +Plus squad sure would be nice to have a bye but i don't think that is fair to the competition.