A Modest Proposal...

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

I think the design isn't that bad, even not considering its age.

Besides, go change the default design of (www|wiki|forums).armagetronad.net and you'll get entire pages full of threads on how the old one was soo much better in almost every aspect :-)
There's no place like ::1
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

am happy with most things
actually

playing strategically
we need to play with the bits around this
vids podcasts blog promos tutorials...
and fortress fork of course :)
hold the line
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

I agree with most of the stuff said in the first post Kamp. I think one of the largest design hurdles would be to have a something that's both nice-looking/well readable but also very armagetron-y. Maybe it's a good idea before someone just starts making something to have a list of other sites to get sort of a feel of how the new style should look like.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Concord

Post by Concord »

So steps 2, 3 and 4.

I'm not sure how much step 2 involves. The wiki isn't in too much disarray, the parts that are used a lot are well maintained, it seems. The forums, well maybe an archive category for old stuff?, I personally love having all the threads from the past 4 years and would hate to see any deleted.

3 I like KamP's idea for blog.armagetronad.net.
I was thinking about a featured player gallery. It would have 5-10 featured players. Each profile would be the players writing about themselves and about their time playing the game. Maybe some screenshots of them playing, too. The main site homepage would have a header that randomly selects on of the player profiles and shortens it to teaser length with a read on link.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I think the wiki should be low on the priority list. I've never had a problem finding what I need there.

The forums are kind of tricky to search at times, but I don't think anything should be removed except for maybe some of the dead server threads and maybe the oops thread (also dead), but that's very minor.

The blog, on the other hand, sounds very interesting to me. Although, everyone seems to get their say here on the forums so maybe there wouldn't be much new information. But I guess it would be good for new players are aren't familiar with the forums.
joda.bot
Match Winner

Post by joda.bot »

how many people do we have that have an active interest in blogging ? I'm talking about writing entries not reading them.

My suggestion would be to ask the guys from playfortress.wordpress.com to either mirror their blog with a different theme on armagetronad.net or help us out with maintaining another? (General stuff here, fortress stuff there?)

I'm not sure who is really interested in maintaining a regular blog / news about the game? ( I won't)
Concord

Post by Concord »

I'd be interested for one
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I tend to do quite a bit of writing, just not on PlayFort.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

not only would i be interested in a general blog...but i know some folks in the wild west community that represent other game modes that would probably love to blog about things...
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

I'd write often whenever I did work on the game. Which, if I get this job.... ;)

Also, this is the best thread to say it:

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Lacrymosa
Round Winner

Post by Lacrymosa »

I would also be interested to write, but I think one armagetron related blog is enough in my opinion.