Possible vista/fps problems

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Paladin
Average Program

Post by Paladin »

From what I know Kyle, that is the 'proper' way to install graphic card drivers. The graphic card drivers when simply installed over Windows graphic card drivers now appear to work regardless though.

Out of curiosity nara, what is your 'Windows Experience Index' score in regards to Gaming Graphics?

Saibot: Could very well be the specs on your computer. Grab me on MSN because I'm curious.
nara
Core Dumper

Post by nara »

Lackadaisical wrote:Until then you could always try to change settings around a bit, there's a lengthy topic about it here: http://forums.armagetronad.net/viewtopic.php?t=18595

Sparks tend to bring the FPS down pretty hard.
Thanks for that link lack, I did what it suggested and my fps is back in the 100-something range, woooot :>
Paladin wrote:Out of curiosity nara, what is your 'Windows Experience Index' score in regards to Gaming Graphics
Uhhhhh speak english pls? Wth is Windows Experience Index lol
Paladin
Average Program

Post by Paladin »

Sorry Nara. Based on your topic I assumed that you are running Vista. Within Vista, there is a new feature called 'Windows Experience Index' which gives you a rating on your computers specs. I believe that 5.8 is currently the top score that any item can receive.

To find it:
->Start
->Control Panel
->System and Maintenance
->Performance Information and Tools

This will provide you with a list of 5 items, (Processor, Memory, Graphics[Aero], Gaming Graphics, Primary Hard Disk) but the one that I am curious about is the 4th one, Gaming Graphics.

Also, excuse my ignorance, but is this the 'new' desktop released by HP with the touchscreen or is this a laptop?
ashervinia

I don't have Vista..but I have some serious fps problems.

Post by ashervinia »

I have three computers that Tron is installed on at my home. One computer is pretty new, and gives me 80+ fps. Then two older ones. My Dell Latitude gives me 3 to 6 fps, and then I have a Dell Dimension that gives me one or two fps. My Dimension is pretty fast when having to play video clips, etc. But when it comes to Tron, it freaks out. Each computer is connected to the same internet. And the internet works great.

It doesn't seem like my computer is the cause of this...? Am i nuts?
Last edited by ashervinia on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
ashervinia

Post by ashervinia »

Again, i clearly don't have Vista..sorry =[
nara
Core Dumper

Post by nara »

Paladin wrote:This will provide you with a list of 5 items, (Processor, Memory, Graphics[Aero], Gaming Graphics, Primary Hard Disk) but the one that I am curious about is the 4th one, Gaming Graphics.

Also, excuse my ignorance, but is this the 'new' desktop released by HP with the touchscreen or is this a laptop?
Nah np :) Checked the index and it said my graphics was 3.8, not great at all compared to the full 5.8. And yes this is the "new" touchscreen desktop, not the laptop.

As for Ashervinia, did you try doing what the link suggested? It's in the first post of this thread.
ashervinia

arg

Post by ashervinia »

Yes, i changed all my settings to the lowest, and everything that that link says..but still no more fps. Could it be my graphics card, even if my computer is running other applications with greater graphics smoothly?
noob_saibot
Round Winner

Post by noob_saibot »

i tried adjusting the settings too. just like ashervinia, i had no success. my fps is still low as usual

o.o
WINNER OF: Ladle 47 .... preSsure's mom & Durka's mom

"If you're not part of the freaks, you're part of the boredom." -Perry Farrell