Armagetron T-Shirts!

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Infa(mous)
Round Winner

Post by Infa(mous) »

I'm just trying to think up ways to get people to make more designs. :P
-Infamous
Lacrymosa
Round Winner

Post by Lacrymosa »

I like the idea with exploded lightcycle as well, but it is indeed difficult to imagine how it looks like from the inside.

I made this quick sketch (maybe as a future reference) using the image from the wiki.
Attachments
quick sketch
quick sketch
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

That's on the right track I think for an exploded view. Maybe the windows should pop out as well, and there's some sort of handle bar in there according to the movie.
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

Tank Program wrote:That's on the right track I think.
Definitely :-)
There's no place like ::1
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

I was working on a vector image of the cycle, and it's not so much hard to make as it's just timeconsuming, so if anyone else wants to work some more on it: here's what I got so far.

If anyone wants to give it a shot, use inkscape and don't forget to use the hexagonal grid it's using, and make sure it snaps to it.

(not really a zip)
Attachments
vectorcycle.svg.zip
vector cycle
(12.01 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
XzL.Smart
Round Winner

Post by XzL.Smart »

I REALLY like this idea!
nsh22
Round Winner

Post by nsh22 »

ok well this is my PoS. its just a conceptual drawing. it was better, then paint went and ****** it up....nb for a paint tho ima
Image[/img]
Lucifer wrote:I think you got the wrong thread, this thread is the one where we're debating banning sinewav and dubStep until they have a threesome with dubbie's mother.
nsh22
Round Winner

Post by nsh22 »

sry to double post, but it DID turn out worse than expected....it sucks for a paint job ima....
Lucifer wrote:I think you got the wrong thread, this thread is the one where we're debating banning sinewav and dubStep until they have a threesome with dubbie's mother.
Fonkay
Match Winner

Post by Fonkay »

Lacrymosa wrote:I like the idea with exploded lightcycle as well, but it is indeed difficult to imagine how it looks like from the inside.

I made this quick sketch (maybe as a future reference) using the image from the wiki.

I really like this one as is. Maybe with an in game text quote underneath, or on the opposite side of the shirt.
This I would pay money for.
Corn1
Core Dumper

Post by Corn1 »

Fonkay wrote:
Lacrymosa wrote:I like the idea with exploded lightcycle as well, but it is indeed difficult to imagine how it looks like from the inside.

I really like this one as is. Maybe with an in game text quote underneath, or on the opposite side of the shirt.
This I would pay money for.
I would get that as well if it had that design. Would prefer just that design no witty quote but thats me.
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

Great job Lacrymosa!

Just to let everyone know, the cost of the shirts will be even less than 5 USD per shirt! :D Probably about $4 per shirt (or less).
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Lacrymosa posted their desktop image, and it sprang to mind as something that would be neat on a t-shirt.

http://forums.armagetronad.net/viewtopi ... 417#203417
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Lacrymosa
Round Winner

Post by Lacrymosa »

The cycle from my desktop wallpaper is a shape from the font "Tron" which is free for personal and commercial use. The brushes used for the swirls and lines are also free for personla use but a license is needed if we want to have them on a t-shirt.

I made a more accurate version of the exploded light cycle, probably as best as I can make it without using a vector programm. Sadly, I'm a total inkscape noob so I could not work with Lack's file.
Attachments
baam
baam
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Lacrymosa wrote:The brushes used for the swirls and lines are also free for personla use but a license is needed if we want to have them on a t-shirt.
And what's to stop me from redrawing it without the brush? Because, I can do that if we want to use that design. Your desktop image is raster art anyway, right? It should probably be redrawn as a vector for printing.