Armagetron T-Shirts!

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Crazy
Core Dumper

Post by Crazy »

how about clan designs

like a banner or something that represents that clan

i don't think the current DD banner would look to bad=P

not to mention a few others?(taken from the tops of their sites)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

You can't use the Forum header image, as that was put together from the Disney Tron Media Pack. I think.

I too think the chat line is a good start. What about using the cycle that makes up all of our favicons and shortcuts? Have a Linux, Mac, or Windows flavored shirt where it's a picture of the respective OS' link to start Armagetron.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Tank Program wrote:What about using the cycle that makes up all of our favicons and shortcuts?
Oh yeah that's good too! Is there a vector drawing of that somewhere? Anyone? If not, I'll work on one - but I only know what 0.2.8 looks like on Win.

Can we post icons here so I can draw over them?

@Crazy: I think clan shirts make for a very narrow market versus the cost to produce the different designs. Unless it's just iron-ons, which I think we are moving away from (I would at least).
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

It's slow at work right now, so I'm going to keep drawing whatever comes to mind...
Attachments
aatdesign-4.png
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

Misery wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong... But I think images that are a distinct likeness to Disney's Tron cycles cannot be used. That would constitute copyright infringement, right?
No, we could print anything like that, and it doesn't matter how you create it. The legal rules say the exact image must be changed by 20%, which is so vague that it isn't enforced and is regularly disregarded.

Right now I'm looking at 12 shirts that all have "copyrighted" logos and designs that were changed for bands, college student organizations, and local restaurants (logos like Nickelodeon's Double Dare, Best Buy, Disney, the Godfather, Notorious BIG, etc.).
Crazy wrote:how about clan designs
Of course we could do this! This is what I'm talkin about because my printing company can do inexpensive, pro quality "short orders", too! :D For example, 12 shirts could cost as little as $8 per shirt. And 24 shirts could cost $6 per shirt.
Tank Program wrote:You can't use the Forum header image, as that was put together from the Disney Tron Media Pack. I think.
Doesn't matter. See above.
sinewav wrote:It's slow at work right now, so I'm going to keep drawing whatever comes to mind...
You've got the right fcuking idea sine.wav.
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

Here's an idea I had, it's kinda rough: I'm planning to vectorize the guy when i have more time, and change the cycle a bit. Feedback welcome!
Attachments
person in lightcycle
person in lightcycle
Infa(mous)
Round Winner

Post by Infa(mous) »

That's pretty awesome... :P
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Lackadaisical wrote:Here's an idea I had,...
It's great. Still, it uses the Syd Mead cycle design which is a copyright infringement. However, I think it's still worth selling items with that design until a "cease and desist" letter arrives. Even LucasArts won't sue you unless you totally disregard any fair warning.

One has to wonder where the point is when something leaves private ownership and becomes a cultural artifact. I guess it's for the courts to decide.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Looks cool Lack. Personally, I'd prefer a shirt that looks something like our existing graphics so that people would recognize the game from the shirt.
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

sinewav wrote:
Lackadaisical wrote:Here's an idea I had,...
It's great. Still, it uses the Syd Mead cycle design which is a copyright infringement. However, I think it's still worth selling items with that design until a "cease and desist" letter arrives. Even LucasArts won't sue you unless you totally disregard any fair warning.

One has to wonder where the point is when something leaves private ownership and becomes a cultural artifact. I guess it's for the courts to decide.
I agree with Tank that it would be cool to have something more recognizable from the game we have right now, but I have to say that it won't be copyright infringement and if we chose to go with something like this, it would be absolutely legal. Bangin' idea Lacka!
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

Thanks for the comments guys.

Well, except for the default lightcycle the whole image of armagetron (forums, website, startupscreen) basically is tron's image. So if we want a shirt that somehow looks like it's related to armagetron you're bound to end up with a tron shirt (imho edd's icons, which are syd meads desing, are much more 'armagetron' than the default model). And even though it's a small chance disney is going to do anything, I'd hate it if 'we' end up with 45 shirts we can't sell but already paid for.

So... maybe, instead of using Syd Meads design everywhere, an original bike should be used, be it zmans default lightcycle or a new one. This way you don't have to be afraid to step on disney's toes every time an opportunity like this comes along to raise some money for the project.
Crazy
Core Dumper

Post by Crazy »

i don't think we would be left with extra t-shirts.

i believe according to the laws, if they do try and stop us for infringement on the movie, that they can only stop us from MAKING the shirts, but if we already had a wearhouse full of the shirts, we can continue to sell them until we run out.
Infa(mous)
Round Winner

Post by Infa(mous) »

Along with what I said earlier, we could have a logo something like this on the front of the shirt (The top left)
Attachments
shirt.jpg
armagetron-shirt.jpg
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Tank Program wrote:Personally, I'd prefer a shirt that looks something like our existing graphics...
This was actually my first idea.
Attachments
2-color design, could easily be made 3-color (add gray).
2-color design, could easily be made 3-color (add gray).
aatdesign-5.jpg (9.4 KiB) Viewed 2759 times
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

cool Lackadaisical, sine.wav

Infamous I really don't like it

sine wav that last one with a cycle and your quote on the back :P