Great Googly Moogly
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

That looks really scary.
Crazy
Core Dumper

Post by Crazy »

i wonder what the crash rating on the would be.....

couldn't be very high.....

and with semi's sharing the road with you :o
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Yeah, I've seen this one before. Thought it looked like someone watched a little too much Robotech.

Of course, I'd still like to ride one. ;)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Misery
Round Winner

Post by Misery »

Oh man! Looks fun. But getting hit by a car in one of those, the thought makes me cringe.
"Music can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable."
~Leonard Bernstein
Misery
Round Winner

Post by Misery »

You know, after watching the vid again... this could have real practical use for someone like me! About 2/12 - 3 years ago(For those who don't know), I was hit by a car on my bike. The damage was enuff that I have to use a wheelchair if I have to travel long distances. Say for instance, grocery shopping. Or going to work.

But THIS.... With extra development and modifying, this could truly help people, like myself, and those who have worse mobility that I have. Just to think... a device that can carry you around in an upright position for day to day activities, and flip a switch to go into "driving mode"? Truly innovative.
"Music can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable."
~Leonard Bernstein
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

I've seen two or three different electric wheelchairs that have the ability—usually using gyros, I believe, maybe using some Segway-type technologies—to transform from a standard configuration to an upright, 2-wheeled one (including treads). Can't remember the name of the original I've seen a few times, but a cursory google search found a more recent concept chair by Porche called the Pegasus.

Although, we all know cyborgs are the way of the future. (According to my childhood they should be the way of the present by now, but whaddayagonnado.)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=39co0zKbQAQ
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh...da-da-da-da-da...noo-noo-noo-noo-noo...fuh-buh-buh-buh-buh...da-da-noo-noo-na....
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4xNFPaPor8A

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=y5168yjG3Qw