Wild 'n Wacky Weekends (or just Silly Saturdays)

For things that have to do with those crazy test servers... and yeah. By request of z-man, and, of course, you gotta obey...

Moderator: Z-Man

Good Idea?

0 No Non Nein
No votes
1 Yes Oui Ja
100%

Total votes: 8

DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Wild 'n Wacky Weekends (or just Silly Saturdays)

Post by DDMJ »

After playing a few organized fort matches this afternoon (for me (GMT -7)), I thought of a great idea:

Every Saturday and Sunday (or just Saturday because most Europeans have to wake up early to go to work/school on Monday), we all (meaning 10-16 or so players) meet in a fortress server (whether it be Café, |x|, FTS, CT(not WF)) and play some "Wild 'n Wacky"/"Silly" organized fortress matches. In normal English:

Every Saturday night at say 23:00 GMT (11:00pm GMT), players congregate in a fortress server for a few organized matches, say best of 5. Of the 14 or so players present, 2 team captains are randomly elected. Everyone then enters spectator mode and a "draft" happens (captain 1 picks a player, then captain 2, etc.). Once everyone is on their respective teams, the match is reset (or if no admin is present, the match is played to completion for "practice") and the fun begins.

To prove that this method is great for having fun matches, the first match we played like that today was won 100-99 and the second one was almost as close as well (100-96 IIRC).

And if this catches on, maybe we'll have a wiki page that shows screenshots of the matches and has little rosters of who played in the matches etc.

This is not a tournament, but rather a chance for fortress players to enjoy fun organized matches on the weekends.

- Just another idea.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Hah, we used to play team games like that back before fortress was even thought of. ;)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

Yeah I thought this after last nights matches.

Maybe the ladle can be once every three months or something now since it's interest has dropped. Too many tourneys seem to have a negative effect on teams signing up.

Why not say x fort every sat, I think it's better if it's in a fixed place.
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

Hoax wrote:Why not say x fort every sat, I think it's better if it's in a fixed place.
Yea, and there's also more admins there so it can go more smoothly.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Count me in. I was involved in some great matches in Cafe on Sunday and it was damn fun.
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

*bump*

Is this still going? as in, tonight? If it is, I'll probably show up.
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

Lackadaisical wrote:*bump*

Is this still going? as in, tonight? If it is, I'll probably show up.
Sure, why not? When we find a bunch of players in Café or another fortress server anywhere from 7pm GMT - 1am GMT, let's all head over to the |x| Fortress server and set up teams.