Debug Playback Problem

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
FroZen
Average Program

Debug Playback Problem

Post by FroZen »

Hello,
I recorded a lengthy Clan Match, tested the playback and then uploaded it without compression.
I downloaded the recording shortly after and tested it. Unlike the first test, it did not work. It opened up a Armagetron Advanced window, that is all.
Both the original file and the downloaded one did not work now.
The file is about twenty megabytes, so it isn't empty. Perhaps the Site I uploaded it to corrupted it? Otherwise, I am out of ideas.

I recorded it using the latest release, 0.2.8.2.1. on a Windows. Here is the original file.

If anyone could offer any assistance in figuring out a solution, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Last edited by FroZen on Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taco343
Average Program

Post by taco343 »

Yeah I had problems with it as well.

I dragged it into Firefox and I can see the code.
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available.
Can you upload it somewhere else for us to see if it works?

Maybe try http://SendUIt.com
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Did you upgrade arma between recording and playback? Recordings only work with exactly one version of the game.
FroZen
Average Program

Post by FroZen »

Z-Man wrote:Did you upgrade arma between recording and playback? Recordings only work with exactly one version of the game.
No, I did not. But I am aware of that possibility.
It worked fine before I uploaded it. But as soon as I downloaded it to test it again, none of my copies worked.
Lucifer suggested that perhaps it overwrote the original file? But when I download a identical file, nothing happens. I just have two identical files.
Here is the newly uploaded file (with compression), which expires in a week.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

The new compressed file works fine here on Linux. How exactly do you playback the recording?

Edit, let me guess: you dobleclick on it, and the first time you did that, you told it to open the file with armagetronad.exe. That doesn't work, sorry. The only sort of convenient way to watch a recording with 0.2.8.2.1 in Windows is to place it on your desktop, rename it to ArmagetronAdvancedDebugRecording.aarec, then use the "Playback" start menu entry. 0.2.8.3 will support the doubleclick method.
FroZen
Average Program

Post by FroZen »

Z-Man wrote:The new compressed file works fine here on Linux. How exactly do you playback the recording?

Edit, let me guess: you dobleclick on it, and the first time you did that, you told it to open the file with armagetronad.exe. That doesn't work, sorry. The only sort of convenient way to watch a recording with 0.2.8.2.1 in Windows is to place it on your desktop, rename it to ArmagetronAdvancedDebugRecording.aarec, then use the "Playback" start menu entry. 0.2.8.3 will support the doubleclick method.
You do not think too highly of my capabilities, do you? :P Not that I have many...
I leave it on my Desktop (where it is automatically placed when downloaded). I then use the Armagetron Advanced Playback in the Armagetron Advanced folder of the Start Menu.
I have already tried renaming it to ArmagetronAdvancedDebugRecording.aarec like you suggested.
I have also tried removing all other Debug Recordings besides that one. But I always receive the same result.
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

Works perfectly on Mac OS X (10.5.2) using Armagetron Advanced 0.2.8.2.1
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

FroZen wrote:You do not think too highly of my capabilities, do you? :P Not that I have many...
Nah, the method I described would just be the normal way of linking a file extension to a program in Windows manually. Maybe, when renaming the recording, you add an extra .aarec extension? In the folder options, there is a switch somewhere to show file extensions, you should have that enabled (if only to not fall so easily for the .txt.exe mail virus types).