new versions

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Crazy
Core Dumper

new versions

Post by Crazy »

what new versions of arma are there for download today?

also if i download, is it possible to keep my current version of arma running and all of it's data too?(in case i don't like newer)
philippeqc
Long Poster - Project Developer - Sage

Post by philippeqc »

question 1.
http://aabeta.dashjr.org/

question 2.
You can always uninstall the newer version and re-install the older one. We dont lock you out. As usual, make a back-up of your files, better being safe than sorry.

/ph
Canis meus id comedit.
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

A bit more detailed: The most current stable is 0.2.8.2.1, which is the recommended version.
There's also the prereleases of what will become 0.2.8.3, those shouldn't have any regressions from previous versions, at least in theory. If you find any bugs we'd be glad to hear about them.
If you want a really bleeding-edge version you can use the development snapshots. 0.3.0 is a bit old, so maybe you want to go for r8003 and later. They do have known regressions, however (the sound isn't working properly, for example), but should be playable.
There's no place like ::1
Crazy
Core Dumper

Post by Crazy »

version 0.2.8.2.1,
hasn't that been out for almost(or over) a year now?
i got arma on this comp about a year ago, and at startup in arma it says it's 0.2.8.2.1, is this just slow arma development or is my game auto updating itself?

So if i copy all my armagetron data onto something, i could put my game exactly how it is now onto another computer(same type, model, etc)
or would my game be different because of something?
philippeqc
Long Poster - Project Developer - Sage

Post by philippeqc »

Crazy wrote:version 0.2.8.2.1,
hasn't that been out for almost(or over) a year now?
Yes, and as wrt said, that is the latest OFFICIAL release.
That said, if you don't mind crashes, possible incompatibilities, and some work, you can always try the development snapshot. It is up to you to judge if getting access to the latest and greatest (and often incomplete) features is worth the extra trouble.
Crazy wrote:i got arma on this comp about a year ago, and at startup in arma it says it's 0.2.8.2.1, is this just slow arma development or is my game auto updating itself?
Slow development, no auto-updates.
Crazy wrote:So if i copy all my armagetron data onto something, i could put my game exactly how it is now onto another computer(same type, model, etc)
or would my game be different because of something?
Try to install the game AT A DIFFERENT LOCATION on your hard-drive.
It *should* be the same, unless you somehow missed to copy some file.

/ph
Canis meus id comedit.
Crazy
Core Dumper

Post by Crazy »

kk, thanks for the help guys=)