hoping for affiliation

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
ZURD101
Core Dumper

hoping for affiliation

Post by ZURD101 »

hello armagetron crators

i just came to tell you that me (Zurd) and Niner are making a site that is under construction at this time, we are hoping to have some sort of affiliation to Armagetron.
on this site we will provide armagetron tutorials in a profesinal manner.
we will also be trying to create a comunity for the site. as i said we are still under cunstruction.

please vist and post what you think armagetron makers and any members.

**i have removed link util completion of site.

we really hope you enjoy :) and we hope for the best :)

ty,
Zurd
Last edited by ZURD101 on Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fonkay
Match Winner

Re: hoping for affiliation

Post by Fonkay »

ZURD101 wrote:"crators" , "profesinal" , "comunity" , "cunstruction"
Sounds like it will be very profeshinal.
This post does not come with any form of Warranty or Return Policy.
If you're unhappy with this post, please feel free to suck it up and move on.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I'm looking forward to browsing it when it's done. I took a look and the page loads pretty slow. Maybe you can tighten that up a bit. Rock on.
ZURD101
Core Dumper

Post by ZURD101 »

well i was hoping some one in a higher position for tron would respond to this request. if you(creators&management) have see this topic please tell me your personal views on this.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

My big problem with doing this right now is there's nothing there. That and we don't really have an affiliation scheme. Usually if it's related to Armagetron somehow if requested we'll add a link. "Affiliate" is going a bit far.

I'm also personally bothered by how every page's banner is identical except for one tiny bit of text at the bottom, and it has to load this massive banner again each page. Do consider using a single banner with some text floating on top of it.
philippeqc
Long Poster - Project Developer - Sage

Post by philippeqc »

Hi Zurd,

I guess before talking about affiliation and such, you'd actually need to provide content of sort. You talk about making tutorials in a professional way. I went to your tutorial section expecting to see at least a few, and there was nothing. Not even a draft.

I guess when you start turing out the content you promised, then you will get the attention of the creator and manager ;)

/ph
Canis meus id comedit.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

I'm with Tank. The site currently is a (pretty) pile of nothing. When we put a link to something up, we mean "look, this is worth clicking on". Which is currently not the way I feel about your site. It has potential, but the value depends on the actual content you'll put up. For example, if your first four tutorials will be "How to chat in color all the time", "how to get a trail color different from your cycle", "how to get a whacky colored name" and how to make really tight turns", I know it's not going to be worth it :)
philippeqc
Long Poster - Project Developer - Sage

Post by philippeqc »

Zurd,

is it desired that all the pages hare different width?

It makes it quite annoying to change from one page to the next.

/ph
Canis meus id comedit.
Fonkay
Match Winner

Post by Fonkay »

I personally was wondering why he linked at all. Since I can't load the page.
This post does not come with any form of Warranty or Return Policy.
If you're unhappy with this post, please feel free to suck it up and move on.
ZURD101
Core Dumper

Post by ZURD101 »

ok i understand what you are all saying, and when i said "some sort of affiliation", basicly i meant "link". The site does have some issues and genrealy has nothing on it true. I just want the idea to float aroud in your heads for a while. I did say "a sit that is under construction at this time".
I thought that if you see the Under Construction signs you or anyone would understand that somthing is coming.
Z-Man,

what type of tutorials would yu like to see, because i do and play it all, and i have created a couple wimpy maps. So what would you personally expect to see in tutorials?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

ZURD101 wrote:I thought that if you see the Under Construction signs you or anyone would understand that somthing is coming.
Umm, no :) All that says is that nothing is there right now. We all have seen "under construction" signs that lasted for years.
ZURD101 wrote:what type of tutorials would yu like to see, because i do and play it all, and i have created a couple wimpy maps. So what would you personally expect to see in tutorials?
Well, there you have your first tutorial idea: an actually understandable step-by-step guide to creating a map. The wiki does have the complete information on that, but it is of course suffering from wikienitia, meaning that it has had many authors and has grown over time and therefore is not as concise and understandable as a freshly written tutorial that just covers the basics could be. You know, take the original square map, have the newbie add a square in the middle, have him test it locally, expand on that, upload to the resource server.

You shouldn't hope for a link to your full page on a prominent spot here. A more subversive tactic to getting your page known better would be to place links from our wiki to relevant pages on your site. Of course, we would prefer you to put your material onto the wiki directly, because then it would survive the death of your server.

Oh, sorry, I just found the tutorial I wanted you to write:
http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php? ... _Beginners
Which means I'm out of ideas for now.
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

Just noticed that page and fixed the many broken links it had on it.
ZURD101
Core Dumper

Post by ZURD101 »

i removed the link to the site untill the completion of this project.

i will take note of what you all have expressed and i will see what i can do.

Ty,
Zurd
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Good luck. As you see, when it comes to docs of all kind, you have the tough competition of our wiki.