Thirteenth Tronic Ladle!

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

if the authentication system is going to take place
presumably the instructions should be included on the wiki
specifically in the guidelines section of the ladle?
http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php? ... Guidelines
or even on the challenge board...
hold the line
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Well, it's only going to take place on the two games on my server, and is really optional. I'll be there to /op everyone to the required access level. I'll add a crosslink, though.
Rain
Round Winner

Post by Rain »

It seems there is some confusion in the wiki.
So I try to explain what happened as I see it on the 13th ladle challange board page history: http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php? ... on=history
On 20 January 2008 I made the new pages for the new ladle and then added °°ps team in "Team 1" slot. This was it: http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php? ... ldid=20784
Then several teams added themselves into a slot choosing from the ones left, in this order:

°°ps - 20 January 2008 - Team 1
-¦×¦- - 20 January 2008 - Team 5
Twisted Rats - 21 January 2008 - Team 8
CT - 21 January 2008 - Team 2
combine - 25 January 2008 - Team 7
~|DarkSyndicate|~ - 27 January 2008 - Team 3
~*The Speeders*~ - 27 January 2008 - Team 4

Please note that the servers have not been touched, from my last edit to the current page.

So, happened that in 2 February 2008, Alex, supposed to be a member of X clan, moved his team to "Team 2" slot and CT to "Team 6" slot, apparently with no permission from CT players.
That is not acceptable because, normally, the faster you register the better place you take, and in this case it is even more odd since x registered before CT and chose another slot even if "Team 2" slot was free.

Things are clear, x chose Team 5 and is playing as Team 5.
Only one slot left and it is Team 6.
No switching are allowed without permission of both teams interested.

Actual page presents CT as "**** Teasers". It has been edited this way by Alex. I ask Alex to change it back immediatly. Otherwise I ask wiki administrators to warn him that is actually spam and users who spammed have been blocked there.

http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php? ... enge_Board
END OF LINE
Flex
Round Winner

Post by Flex »

There was no illegal activities with the switch. It was actually a beneficial move for CT as they would automatically move to the semi finals. Alex had full authority over moving xclan, but K-Yo which had no real authority was objecting to Alex's move without calling a real admin such as a CT leader to object to Alex moving it. My point is, xclan joined the ladle13 after oops which joined first so it's not like we just ignorantly joined and moved teams around.

We did sign up in 5th position, but we assumed someone would take position 6th to play us on round one. Some people would prefer to automatically enter into the semi finals, but we don't so that is why we went for the switch. CT have the 2nd position now due to objecting correctly to Alex's switch and now he agrees. Some rules were misunderstood which is completely acceptable. This is a competitive game and we're here to win so we want to make sure we're doing everything we can without cheating and without being unfair. As far as I'm concerned the rules were followed correctly until said otherwise (here.) Maybe Alex could of went about things more correctly, but I guess that's how things are when not properly regulated and explained.

What I certainly don't like is how people are going about trying to portray xclan as being wrong to move positions around when infact if everything was "logical" it would be going in numerical order where each team takes the open spots, not leave gaps between. What infact has happened here is people have just signed up around xclan leaving us with no opponents for round 1. We joined position 5. There are 7 teams, that means people have skipped positions, and it's not like we joined the last spot which gives us a chance to turn up with no opponents.

Anyway, I'm just rambling and I just want to clear this whole mess up right now and right here. There should be no other discussions about this. The game is tomorrow (03 tonight) and everything is back to the decided positions so nobody can argue anymore. We understand our mistake and it's not like the people arguing against us haven't had it their way so I see no need to go on about this and I certainly don't want to see people trying to poke arguments out all this mess. We're sorry and I hope it ends here as I definitly am sure we're not the only ones that should "drop it" because we definitively have a point too.

Rain wrote:Actual page presents CT as "**** Teasers". It has been edited this way by Alex. I ask Alex to change it back immediatly. Otherwise I ask wiki administrators to warn him that is actually spam and users who spammed have been blocked there.

http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php? ... enge_Board
Kyle (from CT) done "|x| *******" which provoked Alex from doing that. If anything, warning Kyle for provoking Alex should be considered first.
http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php? ... ldid=20903
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Flex wrote:because we definitively have a point too.
No, you never had. Let me summarize:
You shuffled another team around
- less than 24 hours before the challenge board is supposed to be locked
- without asking for permission
- without informing the other team about your action so they would have a chance to object
- made a big fuzz on IRC about being right in doing so.

While I admit the guidelines are a bit vague, any sensible interpretation of them will tell you that moving other teams around without their peremission cannot be allowed, because that would explicitly allow edit wars and last-second-before-freeze changes, and we know how those go.

Nevertheless, for the part I was involved in (the fuzz on IRC), apology accepted.
Ricochet
Round Winner

Post by Ricochet »

Looks like someone had been pissing around with the servers, so I've changed them back to how they were originally...

Oh and look, someone called owned (who I believe in is CT...) appears to have changed the x team name on the wiki again. WD with that...
Rain
Round Winner

Post by Rain »

Flex wrote:Kyle (from CT) done "|x| ****ers" which provoked Alex from doing that. If anything, warning Kyle for provoking Alex should be considered first.
http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php? ... ldid=20903
In this case my request goes to both.
Flex wrote:if everything was "logical" it would be going in numerical order where each team takes the open spots, not leave gaps between. ... We joined position 5.
If you contradict yourself you make my work pointless. You were the second team registering and you could take Team 2 spot, but you did not. Full stop.

Z-Man has been exhaustive for the rest.

EDIT: added this line "A spot swithcing has to be agreed by both teams interested." in the wiki ladle guidelines.
END OF LINE
Legionnaire

Post by Legionnaire »

Can you feel the love?

Fresh start n wipe the bored, next time someone does such a thing punish them.
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

For now both alex and kyle have a three month temp ban. I don't care who started it, they should have reverted the edits and waited (or asked) for an admin to step in and take proper actions. If you think my actions where too harsh(lenient) on one of them or both of them, post here or on the wiki subforum. If i missed anything feel free to comment.

Hopefully we can keep this civilized.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

/me supports Your_mom's decision. It does not matter who starts a mudslinging contest.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Too lenient. You should have also slapped each of them with a herring.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

The Scorpion Pit!
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

this is when we need a
tricycle
on the grid
for all those kids who misbehave...
max speed 10...

ps
a ban from what exactly?
editing the challenge board?
hold the line
Legit
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Legit »

Alex was ghey for doin that, but the ban?? Come on now... Were all good players, im sure they both learned the first time.
K-Yo
Round Winner

Post by K-Yo »

by the way I apologize i changed the server once, i thought they weren't like that at start, sorry ^^

edit: cmon |x|ylophones was funny and harmless (but still stupid) ><
Last edited by K-Yo on Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K-Yo