EngineWav and Explosion

Made a pack that makes Armagetron sound like a rock concert? Hook us up!
vibesofecstasy
On Lightcycle Grid

EngineWav and Explosion

Post by vibesofecstasy »

I made these cuttin a loop from a rank 1 song for the engine.wav it is very similar to the original except it is softer and the expl.wav is like a crash it's also from the drop in the song and it's enveloped to sound nice. i amped up the volumes a bit. i'm thinkin of downloading master zaps stomper hyperion again and making some sounds there but for now i'm using audacity and preexisting music as a resource.
Attachments
sound.zip
Armagetron Waves
(482.73 KiB) Downloaded 642 times
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

I'm no lawyer, but as far as I know, you're completely in the clear as soon as you give proper attribution. Would you mind telling the song and the artist? (Note, it is definitely legal in the US, otherwise rap music couldn't exist, don't know about others)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
vibesofecstasy
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by vibesofecstasy »

«XLR8» AEROjet

Post by «XLR8» AEROjet »

NICE. these sounds are great, sounds like a crazy awsome giga-hyper-vacume cleaner. i love those things...
visit: freewebs.com/xlr8clansite
17na
Average Program
Location: Fcon server. you are a true tron fan if you get the reference.

Re: EngineWav and Explosion

Post by 17na »

wow I love the engine sound! at first I thought it was kinda bad but after it while it grew on me and it sounds pretty awesome (and pretty freaky) at high speeds and when around other lightcyles!
Clu42
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Clu42 »

Oh crap i overrided the original sounds. can somebody post those. I feel like im super dumb right now
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

May I redirect you here...

http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... 39#p255439

To get the sounds back re-install or re-download your version from www.beta.armagetronad.net. Your personal settings will stay the same, it will only overwrite the files that are relevant for the program. Or download one of the archives (rar, zip, tar.bz) and extract the files from there.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Clu42 wrote:Oh crap i overrided the original sounds. can somebody post those. I feel like im super dumb right now
Yeah man, don't do that. Learn about "Moviesounds" instead. You just make a folder called "moviesounds" in your Arma directory and place the properly named files there. To turn them off, simply remove them from the folder (I make a sub-folder named "bypass" to drag them too).