Post offering: Maintainer for the skin and mod list

For developmental things relating to the graphics of the game.
philippeqc
Long Poster - Project Developer - Sage

Post offering: Maintainer for the skin and mod list

Post by philippeqc »

Maintainer for the skin and mod list

Description:
- You get to take all the nice moviepack that gets created, and index them for future reference.
- Flexible hours
- It is not required of you to generate the screenshots. But ability to do so will be valued.
- It is not required of you to resize existing screenshots to keep the look of the list uniform. But ability to do so will be valued.

Send your application if your interested.

-ph
Canis meus id comedit.
SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

how much would somethign like that pay?

can i type in all lowercase & never use proper punctuation or correct my type-o's ?

i know how to resize pics!

:wink:

no, seriously tho, i think i'd suck at the job..
i'm very lazy
& recently someone tricked me into moderating thier level/track-creation forum... blah

might be too much hand-holding & such if i did it,.. plus i know NOTHING of web pages creation typea www stuff

but if you think i can do it,.. i might try
i'll wait & see if anyone else voulenteers..

i think your_mom should do it as payment for me making his bike!

;p
philippeqc

Post by philippeqc »

SuPeRTaRD wrote: no, seriously tho, i think i'd suck at the job..
i'm very lazy
And what makes you think I'm not as lazy as you? How many models did you already produce? That is not very lazy
might be too much hand-holding & such if i did it,.. plus i know NOTHING of web pages creation typea www stuff
Me neither. Its just to use the Edit button and the few tags available in the forums. Just check the ones that I've made. I always copy paste it myself.
but if you think i can do it,.. i might try
i'll wait & see if anyone else voulenteers..
The sad thing is, we already picked you. You see, we recieved over 73 applications and we needed to process them fast. There was even some dudes that said that they worked on the models in the original movie, but we decided to go with more young and spirited person like you.
i think your_mom should do it as payment for me making his bike!
That can be arranged. There is also the moviepack list. It is just a matter of you decided if you want to share this baby or if you want to keep it all for yourself.

But I'm sure Your_mom will not let pass such a "once in a life time" opportunity without a fight.

-ph
Canis meus id comedit.
philippeqc

Post by philippeqc »

Oups your_mom,

It seems SER has offered himself for the moviepack list before you had the chance to say anything. But I'm sure you guys will find a way to help each other to maintain both lists.

Now all is required is a good way to transfer control of the list under your hands (SuPeRTaRD [who proposed himself for the mods and skins], SER [who proposed himself for the moviepacks] and possibly your_mom ).

/this part will be cross posted to both "offerings"
I made a post offering because at that time, I though it was a fun thing to do. But I think it confused many ppl.

I started the lists because at the time it was really lacking and I had a good idea how to do it without bothering Tank. Now the list is pretty much set up, and only need some maintenance to add items as they get posted on the forum, like starting by the post of the last 5 days.

My time is short at the moment, and I'm not a modeler/skinner/moviepacker myself, so I felt the list would be better served by someone that had modding as a passion, rather than an appreciation.

-ph
Canis meus id comedit.
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

its obvius that phillip is doing this because i was posting a new skin everyday lol I guess if supertard doesn't really want to do it, i could
SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

And what makes you think I'm not as lazy as you? How many models did you already produce? That is not very lazy
2? 3? yes, but thats more of a hobby, & i already know how to do that..
& then when i'm done its all fun to look at in the game ;p

The sad thing is, we already picked you. You see, we recieved over 73 applications and we needed to process them fast. There was even some dudes that said that they worked on the models in the original movie, but we decided to go with more young and spirited person like you.
HAH , if that is so then message me how to do it in LAYMANS terms. ;p
and then be very patient. heh

anyways, i'd be more comfortable if someone else can do it at least for a while.

i nominate your_mom unless he cant figgure out how or doesnt want to & in that case, i will.

NOT IT! :P
philippeqc

Post by philippeqc »

Your_mom, Supertard,

God day to you.

I will now reveal the extend of my knowledge, the deep secrets that allowed me to do the list:
I use the forums capacity. Yes yes. Next time you edit a message, look just over the text window to all the buttons there. The bold text is what you get when you press the B button. I use the Italic, underline, Image and Url buttons.

And I re-edit the same post over and over to add new elements, correct old mistakes.

That is my big big secret.

And now for who gets in charge of it. Well it is always good to have one person in charge of something, to be responsible of it. At least, that person goes around and ask for ppl to contribute. To be responsible for something doesn't mean that you have to do everything. It only means you have to make sure ppl do the job, and do it on time. In the case of a free participation like this forum, sometime just asking what is the status, how people are progressing is enough. Often you get some "everything is ready, I was just too tired to send it to you. But now 3 days later I just forgot about it so let me send it to you.".

Because the list is in a post, the problem is that only one person can edit it. But that only mean that only one person can change the content. Some one else can assemble entries, format them and just send them to the responsible person. Do you understand the situation?

Because Your-mom and Supertard seems equally motivated, I think you should really work together. You just need to decide how between you two.

-ph
Canis meus id comedit.
philippeqc

Post by philippeqc »

Hehe, I have an idea to circumvent that problem.

SER, Your_mom and SuPeRTaRD have answered to my call.

But rather to divide, why not unite your efforts? Just create a new account for the management of the list, and share the password between you guys.

Here is the content that was in the list. You just need to paste it pack in a post and it will work.

Good luck!

-ph

Nota: I GREATLY recommend you reserve a couple of post also. You never know how the list will grow, and it will avoid you dealing with unwanted messages in the middle of your list.
Attachments
lists.zip
*moviepack* for the moviepack list. The 4 other files for the cycle and skin list.
(3.92 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
Canis meus id comedit.
SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

I'll start maintaining this list in a day or 2 will I be able to Delete/edit other peoples posts, & my own ? On this thread only?

crap! those textfiles look scary! hehe

copy & paste you say? ;p
philippeqc

Post by philippeqc »

SuPeRTaRD wrote:I'll start maintaining this list in a day or 2 will I be able to Delete/edit other peoples posts, & my own ? On this thread only?

crap! those textfiles look scary! hehe

copy & paste you say? ;p
Yes yes copy and paste. Its not that complex. Once you read it, you will see how dumb it is all.

I suggest the following:
- Create a new user on the forum, a user whose sole purpose is to edit the list. This will allow you to :
-- Pass the list ownership later on without the mess we have at the moment
-- Share the password/work with other as the post will not depend on your user acount, but another jsut for this purpose
- that you start a new discussion like I did when I made the first version of the list. Re-create a couple of empty post at first to give you some place to manouver as the list will grow.
- Just cut and paste. 5 files in the archive. that is
-- 1 post for moviepacks (in one discussion)
-- 4 posts for mods and skins (in another discussion)

- so to start up, its a few operations that end up with cut and pasting from the attachement on my previous post.

O and that was the format I used, but feel free to improve on it as you go.

-ph
Canis meus id comedit.
SER
Average Program

Post by SER »

Is ne way possible to change the thread to other user so there is no need to re-post it?
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Not without editing the DB, something I'm not too keen on and entirely not certain about...
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Tank Program wrote:Not without editing the DB, something I'm not too keen on and entirely not certain about...
What about creating yet another forum for it, and then just making these guys moderators? Sure, they'll have to re-enter the information, but then they could delete posts that are misplaced, edit posts, and so forth. Handing it over would be a matter of the moderator just making someone else a moderator for it, and then having the new moderator unmake the original guy as a moderator.
SER
Average Program

Post by SER »

Tank Program wrote:Not without editing the DB, something I'm not too keen on and entirely not certain about...
Oh ok... I tot it was a much simple thing.. then forget about it.. is just that if the thread is re-posted, there will be two identical post for mods and stuff.. that might be confussing for users.
philippeqc

Post by philippeqc »

SER wrote:
Oh ok... I tot it was a much simple thing.. then forget about it.. is just that if the thread is re-posted, there will be two identical post for mods and stuff.. that might be confussing for users.
I'll flush mine when you are up and running.

No need for double and confusion, I transfer it to you, its a real transfer.

-ph
Canis meus id comedit.