Discussion 'bout the cycle models and skins

For developmental things relating to the graphics of the game.
philippeqc
Long Poster - Project Developer - Sage

Discussion 'bout the cycle models and skins

Post by philippeqc »

Hi,

This is the complementary discussion about the cycle models and skins.

As for the moviepacks list, the screenshots should all be 500 pixel wide (and that gives about 375 for height). That would allow for better view for all, shorter load time. Neafty big screen shot could be just linked.

-ph
Canis meus id comedit.
SER
Average Program

Post by SER »

hmm.. I think you should add info about the model for what the texture was created for... and the link to the thread where's the model...
philippeqc

Post by philippeqc »

SER wrote:hmm.. I think you should add info about the model for what the texture was created for... and the link to the thread where's the model...
yes, I've reserved some place for the low-poly model. I just dont have much time to go and find it again. Anyone who could search the forums and find back all the skins and model and wall pictures, that would really help me.

SER: It seem the nice screenshot you made for the moviepack are no longer on your website. Can you re-post them? Sadly I still dont know how to insert a pic in a discussion (even if I can link to existing pictures.) But Your_mom did it for his low-poly cycle skin. Coudl you share your trick with us?

-ph
Canis meus id comedit.
philippeqc

Post by philippeqc »

Hi all,

A big thanks to K who pointed me to a discussion that had a LOTS of skins and wheel textures.

Sadly, few screenshots where of the appropriate resolutions. A few where even too big, and most skins didnt have any. Yes yes, I realise its LOTS of work, but it would help sell your (/the) skin. Also, many are not named. In the idea that in the future, cycles could all have their own textures details, it would be nice to assign name to them.

I'd really appreciate if someone lend me a hand to find and write entries for all the other elements in the forum. begin personnal soft-rant: I just spent 2 hours adding all the elements in a discussion that K pointed to. And I still have to add all the nice images SER posted again! /end personnal soft-rant. I just find is quite sad to think so much work has been put on different skins and mods, and they are lots all over the forum because I dont have time to do it all.

-ph
Canis meus id comedit.
philippeqc

Post by philippeqc »

Thanks Your_mom

I've added the ones that where missing. You found quite a few that I've forgotten!

I've noticed that often, the models arent really named. Its all "low count poly" "semi low count poly" and things like that. I was curious if the models creators would like to give me some names for their models, and a version.
As always, screenshots would help present each models.

But keep the good work girls and guys! We all love the models and the skins and the moviepacks you give us all! And if you find some lying around in the forum, dont hesitate and just tell me where I can get the info.

-ph
Canis meus id comedit.
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

let me give you some stuff to sort thru phillipp

pic of sers low poly with a skin i made

pic of sers low poly

the afore mentioned skin( i call it animalesc )
Attachments
animalesc.JPG
animalesc.JPG (8.4 KiB) Viewed 9329 times
bike.png
sers low poly.JPG
sers low poly.JPG (9.26 KiB) Viewed 9330 times
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

and heres a pic of the triangle bike

2 posts in a row... reason i had trouble posting/attaching all this stuff in one post

most likely my fault lol
Attachments
trianglebike.JPG
trianglebike.JPG (6.86 KiB) Viewed 9327 times
SER
Average Program

Post by SER »

OMFG! Is it just my fuked up mind or I see two dildos in the second picture?
Attachments
ERASE THIS POST PLZ
ERASE THIS POST PLZ
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

great.... now i see it too... way to ruin it.

you realize its your bike model mabey some kind of subliminal thoughts going on when u made it?

anyway i was trying to skin the bike that n54 posted(the triangle one and it didnt go well if someone would like to try to make a tablet that another attampt could be made... it skins really wierd.I must have made 50 pngs' trying to figure out how to draw something simple on it and i completly failed.

edit got bored and made flame trails the first one has flames on your color trail the second has flames on transperent
Attachments
dir_wall1.png
dir_wall1.png (2.21 KiB) Viewed 9310 times
dir_wall.png
dir_wall.png (2.17 KiB) Viewed 9309 times
philippeqc

Post by philippeqc »

Your_mom wrote:let me give you some stuff to sort thru phillipp
Thanks a lot!

I hope I didnt put the screenshot with the wrong pictures!

> the afore mentioned skin( i call it animalesc )

Neat one! and thanks for giving me the name for it!

Thanks again for the screenshots! nice work you guys/girls are doing!

Keep at it.

-ph

Will fix the the traces soon, going for lunch
Fixed: I really liked your idea to have 2 types of flames, one on a colored trace, on on a transparent trace!

Nota to all: If you see any errors in the lists (moviepacks list and models lists), dont hesitate to tell me.
Canis meus id comedit.
philippeqc

Post by philippeqc »

I've just noted that editing the lists (of moviepacks and models/skins) doesnt make them appear in the "messages since your last login" view. So this is a shameless plug. Go and check them! If you remember items losts somewhere in the forums, just point me to them. If your one of the authors of the peices featured, and are tired to see the "unnamed" for a title, just tell me how you want to name them.

Thanks for all the one who made all those creative parts. Thanks to anyone who helped me to assemble this (in-progress) list.

-ph
Canis meus id comedit.
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

phillip your missing the recognizer bike discussed here

http://guru3.sytes.net/viewtopic.php?t=1307

grabbed some screens of the original movie pack bike you have the 3ds port listed if you need me to post the .ase just ask also new skin i just added flames lol. I call it "u83r r1c3" lol

might post 2 in a row again getting all the pics posted but the pics are pretty self explanitory, I made a small shaded skin so you could see the detail of the bike without textures, i wont be posting this unless someone requests it

so yeah here ya go
Attachments
originalandskin.JPG
bike.png
original flames.JPG
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

oh yeah i posted the original skin to in case anyone needed ... just eating up space on tanks server lol

...dont kill me tank
Attachments
originalnoskin.JPG
bikeflames.png
SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

timmy bike picture:

http://guru3.sytes.net/download.php?id=664

timmy bike download:

http://guru3.sytes.net/download.php?id=683

------------------------------