3d models supported?

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
Lucifer
Project Developer

3d models supported?

Post by Lucifer »

What models are supported by AA right now? ANybody know? I'm looking for export scripts for Blender that will export to a format AA understands....
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

I believe it's asc we're dealing with... ase or mod... Can't really remember... The movie pack folder contains cycle.ase tho, so...
SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

zmodelor is a free modeling program for driving games & it exports to .mod i dunno if they actually work yet.. but i'd like to go this route, seeing as the moviepack bikes wheels dont actually spin

the moviepack bikes are .ase & easily replaced with .ase from many modeling programs

anyone know of a .mod exporter for 3dmax, or a .3ds to .mod stand alone converter ?
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

Road Kill has posted the exporters to use with 3dsmax somewhere on the forum (even twice if i remember correctly) search and you should find :)
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: 3d models supported?

Post by Word »

Oh, if it is Z-modeler, i can also make mod files :D

good to know...

edit:
SuPeRTaRD wrote:zmodelor is a free modeling program for driving games & it exports to .mod i dunno if they actually work yet.. but i'd like to go this route, seeing as the moviepack bikes wheels dont actually spin

the moviepack bikes are .ase & easily replaced with .ase from many modeling programs

anyone know of a .mod exporter for 3dmax, or a .3ds to .mod stand alone converter ?
lol my version of zmodeler supports everything (3ds, .max, carmods from GTA....) but not .mod
Last edited by Word on Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Re: 3d models supported?

Post by Jonathan »

Nice little bump. Anyway, .mod isn't a standard format; it's a simple contraption that exists just for Arma, if it's not one of the dozens of unrelated formats. And while it gets you spinning wheels, texturing is limited.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn