Gunbound: Sweet Spots & Shot Origins

Anything About Anything...
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Gunbound: Sweet Spots & Shot Origins

Post by nicolas.b »

it started with this thread:
http://www.gbgl-hq.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1434

(sorry, you'll need to register to read, but registration is very quick and painless)

now what's very interesting is this topic of sweet spots. it explains a hell of a lot in terms of why you can seem to hit cleanly for crappy damage versus times when you almost miss yet do killer damage.

but out of this topic came a sub-topic: where are the origin points of the various mobiles' shots? this can often make the difference between a win and a loss in the endgame. for example, you line up a crucial shot, only to discover that some particle of land or a carcass was blocking it, thereby damaging yourself and losing a turn. another example: you are standing at the top of a cliff and want to drop some shots onto an enemy far below, but even when you tap the spacebar you wind up hitting yourself.

so i'd like to go thru all the bots and figure out exactly where the shot origin points are. this is ideally done in zero wind, but is interesting to test in various wind conditions. so this is what i have so far:

ARMOR - fires cleanly in zero wind.
MAGE - fires clean but has immediate splashback damage if shot hits nearby.

tank helped me with this today. can anyone else help on this project?