Another Superb Team Match

Tigers Network and other servers hosted by the same fellow.

Moderator: Tank Program

nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Another Superb Team Match

Post by nicolas.b »

we just finished another superb team match:

100 - blue team
091 - gold team

52 - darkness (blue)
46 - frogmouth jones (blue)
35 - been here (gold)
30 - yaza (gold)

(numbers approximate)

many players played, coming in and dropping out, but darkness and i were keeping a comfortable early edge over the main competitor until been here and yaza showed up and mounted a furious comeback on behalf of team gold.

darkness and i had both been playing all day and were getting tired, while yaza and been here were working very efficiently as a team and as individuals. we saw the lead dwindle from about twenty to as little as six before we finally hung on and put the match away. this was one of those matches where everything starts nice and loose and fun until you get sucked into the competition aspect and you start to really feel the pressure. and making good grinds and good decisions can be really difficult when you are playing tight.

anyway, great match and i'm exhausted! :(
subby
Shutout Match Winner

Post by subby »

awww i missed out again :(

never mind

I wonder if 'been here' likes rice, saw him play the other day and he is definately old school.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Yeah, sorry I had to go but I had to take care of some yardwork... Was a great start. The match before I had some nice duels with :Brad:, and that was tons of fun mate ;).
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

@subby:

been here is very dangerous, but AFAIK he's a young man who lives in britain with just a tad of bit ego thing going on. and i'm still trying to figure out who commie is...

@tank:

yeah, maybe we get a chance soon to repeat as a team. i like all those team strategeries loc has posted at his site... would be neat to really get into them more...
:Brad
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by :Brad »

Tank Program wrote:Yeah, sorry I had to go but I had to take care of some yardwork... Was a great start. The match before I had some nice duels with :Brad:, and that was tons of fun mate ;).
I had fun too, only problem was i had heaps of database programing to do. :( Much more fun playin :D
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

I love team matches
nicolas.b
Grid Clown

Post by nicolas.b »

what i wish is if there was some way to record the play-by-play. the statistical results are at best always rather dry.

i'd love to have some way of re-living the individual rounds and savoring the successes and failures...
Yaza Yamagotchi
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Yaza Yamagotchi »

Team matches are fun, I like joining late because playing the whole match can get tiring. This was a really fun match between friendly players :)
bored of amagetron?
try swron or one of the other fun games @ Arcade Games Online
subby
Shutout Match Winner

Post by subby »

MEthod 1:

get video camera, tape match, replay on tv

Method 2:

play through video recorder to a tv, record while playing, rewind, watch.

Method 3:
Get second computer
Play on first
Connect as spectator on second computer where the second computer is connected to videorecorder OR looped through to tv-card. Record on video recorder for the former or aqcuire to computer using the latter method.

Method 4

Rent a DVD :)
nicolas.b
Grid Clown

Post by nicolas.b »

Method 5

hire a team of skilled dunnarts to watch from various camera angles to compile the highlights, then sit back with a spliff in one hand and an oatmeal stout in the other and enjoy the goodness. possibly even with a cute penguin or chipmunk on one's lap. :D

anyway, i would like to have a rematch with these teams:

darkness
frogmouth jones
tank
zapple

been here
yaza
subby
brad

(if subby was having a mediocre day that might just be fair sides, maybe)
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

when?
subby
Shutout Match Winner

Post by subby »

Tank Program wrote:when?
i second that

and the dunnarts will be pressing my keys by voice command :)
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

nicolas.b wrote:Method 5

hire a team of skilled dunnarts to watch from various camera angles to compile the highlights, then sit back with a spliff in one hand and an oatmeal stout in the other and enjoy the goodness. possibly even with a cute penguin or chipmunk on one's lap. :D

anyway, i would like to have a rematch with these teams:

darkness
frogmouth jones
tank
zapple

been here
yaza
subby
brad

(if subby was having a mediocre day that might just be fair sides, maybe)
Ya, me, I could do it sometime, that would be cool.
nicolas.b
Grid Clown

Post by nicolas.b »

well, being semi-disabled and working very infrequently i do have lots of free time. i could do it almost anytime--> but may or may not play well.

could you post your timezones with respect to GMT (greenwich mean time) and preferred match times?
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

GMT+1, Friday sometime? like after 3 or 4 my time...