Spacezoneservers

I hope it's obvious what it's for...

Moderators: iF, mixnetwork

mixnetwork
On Lightcycle Grid

Spacezoneservers

Post by mixnetwork »

Hi all,
now I wanna give you some explanations of the spacezone servers.

Spacezone 1 and 2 belong to me.
I created this servers because there are enough people which want to drive faster as on other servers.

Now it is not my thing to kick the people if they drive "slower", but if they keep driving slow and there is no reason for it, they become at least 3 times a message to drive faster, befor I finally kick them ( if I am in at that time).

I gave 2 other admins also the permission to handle so if I am not online. Most players on the spacezone servers come to them because they want to drive fast.

The only servers with this speed are the spacezone servers at the moment. Now it is very disturbing if there are some permanent "lamers" on the grid.

What I would like to say here is that those people who want to drive slow, they can take another server, all others are slow, so why do it (without reason)on a spacezone server?

And for the comment of Tank I can say:
If the player must have the coice of speed and driving slow or whatever, than all other servers must be taken off the net because if I want to drive there fast it is not possible, at least you can drive "slow" on a spacezone server if neccesary and activating all possibilitys on a server is not possible from server site.
So, sorry for your opinion Tank but this is not correct!

Spacezone #1 320 KBit upload
Spacezone #2 320 KBit upload

Spacezone #3 is with 3 x bandwith as Spacezone 1,
but there will always be people which have lag.

Spacezone 1 is in my own home network and If I play on it, sometimes I get even lag.
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

are you also in charge of this:
http://mxii.com/tron/
?

it seems very useful and full of nice potential, but i gotta say the color-schemes are awful. hurts my eyes and is irritating, which i'd be surprised if it wasn't the case with others as well. any chance of changes in this area?
iF
GLL Admin

Post by iF »

No, he isn't. Thats me. Suggestions are gladly seen! If you have any good idea, tell me :D

iF
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

thanks, if. sorry for the mixup. only other suggestion would be to add 'goshdarn' to the ladder list, since i didn't seem to spy it there.

light text-on-dark background is simply hard on the eyes, as is color-near-opposites clashing, for example the use of red-text-on-dark blue background. i won't complain any more about it, altho if you were to use a color scheme similar to this one it would be quite nice IMO.

thanks for all your work so far; i appreciate it. :)
iF
GLL Admin

Post by iF »

nP &&(||) thank youuuu.

I try to make some colthemes, stored in cookie and avaiable in "popup"-menu.
Plz understand, I am only using tft's, and I think its looking fine 4 me :D

But lez c what i can make 2 fix some eyebugs :wink:

iF
Marrow
MVP - Project Contributor

Post by Marrow »

nicolas.b wrote:thanks, if. sorry for the mixup. only other suggestion would be to add 'goshdarn' to the ladder list, since i didn't seem to spy it there.

light text-on-dark background is simply hard on the eyes, as is color-near-opposites clashing, for example the use of red-text-on-dark blue background. i won't complain any more about it, altho if you were to use a color scheme similar to this one it would be quite nice IMO.

thanks for all your work so far; i appreciate it. :)
Good suggestion! :idea: