The F-1 Server...

I hope it's obvious what it's for...

Moderators: iF, mixnetwork

Zero V2
On Lightcycle Grid

The F-1 Server...

Post by Zero V2 »

...I've been playing on the server for many days now. To tell you the truth, I like it alot. So do many others. But there's one thing that me and many others agree on:

The maps are too large, very tedious (especially for those who aren't close by to the server host, large amounts of lag make it very hard for many to make it even ahlfway through a map), and too long.

These maps are known for slanted rim walls, plenty of deathzones which require accurate turns to pass, and they wind and twist to make not a circuit, but a maze from hell in each match.

If that wasn't challenging enough, those of us situated far from the server can face serious amounts of lag, pings ranging from 100-500. No, I'm not kidding.

The server would be a little better if you'd:

-Make the maps smaller, and make it a circuit; not a maze. I'm all for forks in the road that require different handling and skill to pass for each, but not a maze that has parts where 2 out of 12 of the paths lead to the exit.

-Instead of having one map per match, have multiple maps per match, and more rounds. Make it like a Grand Prix, spanning many maps in one huge event. I'm making my own circuit right now, consult mapmakers and ask for their contribution.

-Make the walls parallel to the turning axes. If you insist on having slanted walls which you can't move along with, then don't put a deathzone smack in the middle, taking up most of the space and requiring you to make super-precise turns.

I've talked with many, many people, and lots of them agree about this. If you did, you'd make it more fun, less tedious, and give a fighting chance to those who don't live less than 1000 miles from the host.
AdyLucifer
Average Program

Post by AdyLucifer »

when i made an application to rotate maps for windows systems, i created a racing server,basically 'f-1' circuits,fun ones,no mazes,and let me say that it was fun but it wouldnt get popular,people wanted something more interesting such as fortress or sumo than racing in a circuit.Its my personal experience...
And i had running 5 servers (old LoD times....),the most popular-fortress,followed by sumo,so dont get very enthusiast.
The death is so sure of its victory,that it gives us a whole life to try escape.
Zero V2
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Zero V2 »

I'm not talking about generic circuits. You know how there are plenty of types of maps for Fortress? We should have something like that. We could have Nano maps, maps with ludicrous acceleration in the beginning, and a bunch more!

If we got more mapmakers making a variety of maps and maptypes, we'd be great to go! Hell, we could keep the mazes, and have them in the mix too!
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: The F-1 Server...

Post by Titanoboa »

A little bump ~

Since the title is already appropriate, I'm hi-jacking this thread.

I noticed the F1 server was back up for a while, a few weeks ago.
Then it went offline again.

Can you plz put it back up? :D
I'm having a good time in there, and it's a good place to practice precision moves and reaction at high speed.