Alpha Project Hosting

Topics and posts about all other servers...
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Alpha Project Hosting

Post by aP|Nelg »

Alpha project is offering free high-speed Armagetron Advanced server hosting.
VPS homepage: http://vps.vertrex.org/ - it has all the information
Similar to lightron's hosting, you just have to ask and you most likely will receive.
Note that the control panel uses your global ID. If you don't feel comfortable with this, you can ask for a local user. (but honestly we dont want to store passwords, so just create a throwaway account at lightron.org or something)
Snapshots (1/2):
Access Panel
Access Panel
+ap Command Search, based on vertrex's Armagetron Advanced Web Interface
+ap Command Search, based on vertrex's Armagetron Advanced Web Interface
Main files with QS Control box extended
Main files with QS Control box extended
Thank you to Kevin for paying for the VPS each month.
DISCLAMER: We reserve the right to deny a user at any time. (Note that we probably wont deny the majority of you)
Last edited by aP|Nelg on Sun May 08, 2016 5:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Re: Alpha Project Hosting

Post by aP|Nelg »

Snapshots (2/2)
Viewing the reports (IPs blurred out for obvious reasons)
Viewing the reports (IPs blurred out for obvious reasons)
Text editor with php script loaded
Text editor with php script loaded
*Yes, it does work on other browsers such as Quipzilla, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, etc
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

That's the best looking Arma Control Panel yet. Looking forward to trying it out. Excellent work!
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Random suggestion. You appear to list all commands on the page, so when filtering you could use onkeyup() to trigger filtering since it doesn't cause any extra work to the server. I'm assuming you don't make ajax calls for it with it all listed there, so it would feel more instant. That would also let you remove your hint about actually pressing search.
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

Light wrote:Random suggestion. You appear to list all commands on the page, so when filtering you could use onkeyup() to trigger filtering since it doesn't cause any extra work to the server. I'm assuming you don't make ajax calls for it with it all listed there, so it would feel more instant. That would also let you remove your hint about actually pressing search.
I'm not quite sure why I left the notice there but it does search using onkeypress and then a function which has jquery in it. I'm not really good with jquery so I actually had to find an example of that on the internet...I guess that's what it's for, right? ...
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~armanelgtr ... mmands.php

Sorry for replying so late :P

Speaking of pressing buttons, I never bothered making the login boxes login when you press enter.
wB]Pixl

Post by wB]Pixl »

aP|Nelg wrote:Alpha project is offering free high-speed Armagetron Advanced server hosting.
Similar to lightron's hosting, you just have to ask and you most likely will receive.
Note that the control panel uses your global ID. If you don't feel comfortable with this, you can ask for a local user. (but honestly we dont want to store passwords, so just create a throwaway account at lightron.org or something)
Snapshots (1/2):
snapshot80.png
snapshot81.png
snapshot82.png
DISCLAMER: We reserve the right to deny a user at any time. (Note that we probably wont deny the majority of you)
BRING THIS BACK I MISS MY HR SERVER
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

wB]Pixl wrote:
aP|Nelg wrote:Alpha project is offering free high-speed Armagetron Advanced server hosting.
Snapshots (1/2):
snapshot80.png
snapshot81.png
snapshot82.png
BRING THIS BACK I MISS MY HR SERVER
Typing in caps lock is not likely to get your HR server back...