Game Collection on trontimes.tk

Topics and posts about all other servers...
vov
Match Winner

Game Collection on trontimes.tk

Post by vov »

I've made some configuration files sporting some different game variations. It's structured so they:
1. can be easily RINCLUDEd from the trontimes.tk repository anytime if you have admin rights.
2. only change game relevant, physics and scoring, settings (no auth stuff like tourney rincludes* and no politics).
3. change stuff reliably (no more CTF sumobars!) thanks to a physics "reset".

These can be used for easy server setups*, multi-mode servers, LAN&Local play, and as base for new stuff too. Go nuts! :)
And it comes with a list of WTF is there, and some extra info, on a wiki page I made

So far I got some common sumo and fort stuff on there (mostly because I know sources for those unlike other stuff), with a bit of my own brews too, but I do want to expand that of course.
If you got anything you want to see up there for everyone to use ask me here or on IRC! Or do it yourself if you prefer that; notably it should do the physics reset (point 3.; see wiki page) and briefly tell what it is.

* I am fed up with server owners RINCLUDEing ladle, sbt, wst, tst etc. from tourney stuff and thus requiring logins and teamleaders and the like. GRRRRR!
Jip
Round Winner

Re: Game Collection on trontimes.tk

Post by Jip »

Oh, nice. Thanks!
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

And Wild West -=3 Team Fortress=- is up! Enjoy people.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

Now with the Mud Puddle and Wildcat settings that have been posted in this forum. Oh, and CTF.

Also if I mess up something (i.e missing settings and/or the physics reset not working properly) post about it here.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Feel free to add some of these. :)

edit: I read the topics I linked there to make sure which ones can still be useful/work
1. There are some help texts for new players (settings used to be close to the default ones)
2. Ramble Tamble, map file is gone (long rectangle), settings are still there.
3. Crosseyed and Painless (see page 2 for updates)
4. The best one in this list, I think.
5. Server idea (previously unmentioned): "Arrow shooting", not sure if that has been done yet. Similar to racing (but I'd prefer the ability to core dump and have trails), precision is more important than speed when you want to reach the highest score.
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

If you look at the included folder (examples) in armagetronad's configuration files, there are some sumo and fortress things in there too:
included-fortress.png
I perfer using included stuff first before rincluding anything
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Sigh. :roll: >_<
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

@Word oops didn't notice your post at first. I'm on it. :-)
@Nelg Rincluding is easier than downloading, unzipping, fiddling with folder access if needed, and then Including the same stuff. Don't like it? Don't do it.
To everyone else: be careful what you do Rinclude though. This stuff is free of any access related and server info settings, but you may get your server names or admin rights (for example) messed up by tournament stuff and the likes.

Status Edit:

E-Fishing: done (how did I never play this? >:O)

C&P: I'm missing the map, can someone provide it (from old downloaded maps or mirrors)? (I'll also ask titan, he seems to have made one too)
Test version of it without the map is online though.

Ramble Tamble: done. (Upped the size factor by one and used the default map. Hard to say if that's good, I've not seen/remembered the original.)

Help texts: will do a file for them to put under the Generic Goodies section of the wiki page.
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

Newest additions:
- Adventures of Tron - Advanced Racing (works best on v0.4, read the wikipage)
- FastTrack (classic deathmatch - fast paced)
- Pieces of 8 (classic; recreation of Nexus9 when it started)

Also fixed a bug that surfaced when testing AoT racing - The physics reset did not reset the map rotation. Bumped up all the other stuff to use a new one; you can keep using the old version safely if you don't run a v0.4 server (or don't plan to change stuff).
Word

Post by Word »

Oh, neat. Thank you! The C&P map was just a cross with even sides. Glad you liked the Electric Fishing server.
I'm not really sure if this is really the same setup we used back then, but I quickly made this xml with armabell. (the above one!)
Attachments
rambletamble.xml
(632 Bytes) Downloaded 215 times
cp.xml
3rd version, this should come closer to the original. Not sure what other people say.
(1.24 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
cpmap.xml
I think this was the second version...the first one was two overlapping squares, but it was quickly dismissed
(1.04 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
Last edited by Word on Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Word

Post by Word »

(Bump because I updated it)
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

Hah I just recreated the C+P map myself and uploaded it with that. I remembered the cross had a box in it. :D

Code: Select all

RINCLUDE games/classic/crosseyed_v1.cfg(http://www.trontimes.tk/repository/files/games/classic/crosseyed_v1.cfg)
Edit: RambleTamble updated too. Not sure if it's the right size.

Code: Select all

RINCLUDE games/classic/rambletamble_v2.cfg(http://www.trontimes.tk/repository/files/games/classic/rambletamble_v2.cfg)
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

vov wrote:@Nelg Rincluding is easier than downloading, unzipping, fiddling with folder access if needed, and then Including the same stuff. Don't like it? Don't do it.
Uh you do realize, that the "included" folder is exactly what its named, its included in armagetron. You dont have to fiddle around with unzipping things or anything like that... you can include the included in every server and every client that runs armagetronad, but rinclude only works if the place where you rinclude from is up, and if you have the stuff set up properly.
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

There are no files shipped with the game for nearly everything this collection has. I think you're missing the point of it.
Word

Post by Word »

Sorry, I actually remembered what the C&P map looked like. Forget everything of the above, no cross :-)
Attachments
cpfinal.xml
(1.93 KiB) Downloaded 216 times