Strange new server that doesnt work?

Topics and posts about all other servers...
Amaso
Core Dumper

Re: Strange new server that doesnt work?

Post by Amaso »

Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

aP|Nelg wrote:
SatanicMeans wrote:I love you all!
Doubt it, but okay.
Heh :) My bad. I "forgot" to leave an edit note. Really, he gave helpful tips for successful suicide.
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

Telling people they should want to be dead isn't very compassionate. Just saying.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

It's back up.
Have a look at the server version lol
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Taaaaaank! Your master isn't blocking it properly. Still the same IP.
Amaso
Core Dumper

Post by Amaso »

Muhahahahahahaha GZ to who ever host this server.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Minor details.
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

Wait till you see THIS:
screenshot11.png
Is that really 666 clients?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Of course not.
Amaso
Core Dumper

Post by Amaso »

If that server is bringing 666 clients looks like it is helping the community. Case Closed
Lock Thread pls wasting time on this topic.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Amaso wrote:If that server is bringing 666 clients looks like it is helping the community. Case Closed
Lock Thread pls wasting time on this topic.
Are you that slow, or trying to troll? It's simply a modified server set to show there's a bunch of clients, even though nobody is actually connected. It simply forces their server to the top of the list.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Light wrote:Are you that slow, or trying to troll?
Maybe both, but definitely troll and banned for a bit.
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

I'm still wondering why this is a problem.
Sure it's useless, but why does that matter? Why does a server have to be of use to the community? What can't a useless server exist and be listed?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting what they're doing.
I just think that spending effort on this is pointless.

With it's existence, how does it harm the community? By offering a "scam" as you call it?
I don't see a scam being offered, and I can only assume it has to do with the server url (which I did not visit).
That being said, any USEFUL server can link any scam URL and go unnoticed. In fact, I know it's been done before.

The server URL is mostly irrelevant to the game (it's for clan sites and/or server info usually - anything else is typically ignored.).
People click on (and visit the URL of) what they want and are curious about. You can hardly blame an individual for a public URL.
Example: what if someone wanted to specifically host a server for people 18+ (using an "adult" url)? Why would they not be allowed to host the server they want? I can understand how this would interfere with the "family-friendly" environment you may be striving for, but at some point people are responsible for the actions they take (eg: choosing to join the adult server or visiting the adult url). Such a server should be allowed to exist - that being said, the url should be irrelevant to the discussions of banning the server (especially regarding a "scam" url...who cares).

This is starting to look like a case of pride. Like the troll is trying to prove that you don't have as much control as you'd like (more like just testing their limits); and you (owners of the master list) trying to prove the very opposite by trying to do something about this (putting in way too much effort at this point).
Have you considered that this is what the troll wants? (So you don't spend your time on more important things...if there are - like 0.4?)

Though, if you want a script, or something, to differentiate between which servers to list and which ones to ignore, I might be able to help with that (PM me).
But, overall:
ConVicT wrote:Stop talking shit about stuff that doesn't matter and make the game better with your free time maybe?
I don't think this is a big deal. Out of all the issues with tron and it's community... Fixing this would offer something of less value to the community and players than if you were to ignore this issue and work on something else; (IMO) people don't want to see a cleaner server list - they want their game to be updated (they can still ignore the spam/scam server all the same).
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Durf wrote:I'm still wondering why this is a problem.
Sure it's useless, but why does that matter? Why does a server have to be of use to the community? What can't a useless server exist and be listed?
Yeah, why would we care if the listed servers are playable or not? We can just let people who don't know better think the game don't work and not bother getting into the game. The rest of us can always look at some useless servers that we have to scroll past to get to the playable servers.

I honestly cannot see why you're against it not being listed. Your other arguments are on a completely separate topic. I swear to the gods you cannot be serious. It looks like all you come to the forums for anymore is to argue about anything you can start an argument about.
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

Durf wrote:I'm still wondering why this is a problem.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting what they're doing.
I just think that spending effort on this is pointless.

With it's existence, how does it harm the community? By offering a "scam" as you call it?
I don't see a scam being offered, and I can only assume it has to do with the server url (which I did not visit).
That being said, any USEFUL server can link any scam URL and go unnoticed. In fact, I know it's been done before.

The server URL is mostly irrelevant to the game (it's for clan sites and/or server info usually - anything else is typically ignored.).
People click on (and visit the URL of) what they want and are curious about. You can hardly blame an individual for a public URL.
Example: what if someone wanted to specifically host a server for people 18+ (using an "adult" url)? Why would they not be allowed to host the server they want? I can understand how this would interfere with the "family-friendly" environment you may be striving for, but at some point people are responsible for the actions they take (eg: choosing to join the adult server or visiting the adult url). Such a server should be allowed to exist - that being said, the url should be irrelevant to the discussions of banning the server (especially regarding a "scam" url...who cares).

This is starting to look like a case of pride. Like the troll is trying to prove that you don't have as much control as you'd like (more like just testing their limits); and you (owners of the master list) trying to prove the very opposite by trying to do something about this (putting in way too much effort at this point).
Have you considered that this is what the troll wants? (So you don't spend your time on more important things...if there are - like 0.4?)

Though, if you want a script, or something, to differentiate between which servers to list and which ones to ignore, I might be able to help with that (PM me).
But, overall:
ConVicT wrote:Stop talking shit about stuff that doesn't matter and make the game better with your free time maybe?
I don't think this is a big deal. Out of all the issues with tron and it's community... Fixing this would offer something of less value to the community and players than if you were to ignore this issue and work on something else; (IMO) people don't want to see a cleaner server list - they want their game to be updated (they can still ignore the spam/scam server all the same).
You're actually spending more energy typing something because you want to argue than we are.