Continuing the Mud Puddle...

Topics and posts about all other servers...
Misery
Round Winner

Continuing the Mud Puddle...

Post by Misery »

The Mud Puddle lives!
I have picked up hosting in NY for the server. (Thanks Dukevin!)
I will be working out all the server mumbo jumbo until everything is ironed out. The settings will be the original Mud Puddle server settings as they were when dlh ran it. So, come on by! Let me know if there are any problems.

Have fun!:D
"Music can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable."
~Leonard Bernstein
Kinda Slow
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: Continuing the Mud Puddle...

Post by Kinda Slow »

Thanks Mis, it feels pretty good so far.
saragei
Core Dumper

Post by saragei »

Great! I do hope to see you hanging around there sometimes. Please? Please, please, please. <3
Never trust a species that grins all the time. It’s up to something. —Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
Warum sage ich überhaupt was? Das ist, als würde man seinem Navi widersprechen —Bernd das Brot, Kika-Lounge
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

Would any of you like me to continue hosting the UK based one? Or is it unlikely that it will be used?
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

delinquent wrote:Would any of you like me to continue hosting the UK based one? Or is it unlikely that it will be used?
I was kind'a wondering the same about PA one. There seems to be quite a few MP servers now, so not sure it's worth having up.
saragei
Core Dumper

Post by saragei »

If Misery is going to keep his up, I'd prefer that one. I have my "usual" ping there and, well, with Mis, the server is hosted by someone who definitely loves the settings :)
Never trust a species that grins all the time. It’s up to something. —Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
Warum sage ich überhaupt was? Das ist, als würde man seinem Navi widersprechen —Bernd das Brot, Kika-Lounge
Light

Post by Light »

saragei wrote:If Misery is going to keep his up, I'd prefer that one. I have my "usual" ping there and, well, with Mis, the server is hosted by someone who definitely loves the settings :)
If he's actually into the settings, then there's no reason for me to keep mine up. I see he got a month of hosting from Duke, so as long as he keeps it goin' not really any need for one just a state away. I'll throw it into storage so if he stops paying for his hosting, I can throw it back up.

Also, sorry if you're female, Misery. If so, all of them are she/her. :P
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

Well my company has a few servers dotted around the west coast and midlands, so hosting is pretty much free for me.
Light

Post by Light »

delinquent wrote:Well my company has a few servers dotted around the west coast and midlands, so hosting is pretty much free for me.
It's free for me as well since mine run off a home network and they use very little bandwidth. My server is always running anyway, so no harm having Tron servers on it. :P That's why I'm usually happy to host just about anything that's expected to be used. I don't really care for keeping a bunch of dead servers online though.
Misery
Round Winner

Post by Misery »

This first month was just to test out the service. But I've been getting nothing but good reports from people. So I'll continue to keep it up until there is no more need for it, or I just totally leave the game for good. (Which I do not see happening in the foreseeable future.)

And yes... I'm a guy. :P
~Leonard Bernstein
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Misery wrote:...or I just totally leave the game for good. (Which I do not see happening in the foreseeable future.)
:wink: Well if that is the case then maybe you can finally finish that :skull: moviepack :skull: you were working on?
Misery
Round Winner

Post by Misery »

Oh wow! I almost forgot about that, Sine! I had an HD die on me and lost everything I had on that movie pack. But I could just use what is left on that post.

Another issue with picking it back up... Blender 3d has a completely new user interface since I've last used it. So I'd have to learn how to use it all over again. But I'm sure in time, I'll get the hang of it and try to finish that pack.
~Leonard Bernstein