Mud Puddle settings

Topics and posts about all other servers...
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Mud Puddle settings

Post by dlh »

I've decided to stop hosting the Mud Puddle server. I've attached the settings file in case someone wants to run a new Mud Puddle server.
Mud Puddle console wrote:free kill couldn't handle it and left.
swampland_mud_puddle.cfg.txt
Added .txt extension to get around phpBB restrictions.
(2.31 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
custom.txt
Custom language strings. Put this file in “<userdatadir>/language” and set “LANGUAGE_FIRST Custom”.
(246 Bytes) Downloaded 245 times
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Mud Puddle settings

Post by sinewav »

Oh wow. Thanks for leaving this for us. Mud Puddle is one of the best servers. Are you leaving the game now? D:
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

Oh no, I'm not leaving the game. I rarely play in the Mud Puddle and I don't particularly enjoy the settings now—I couldn't justify the cost to continue hosting the server.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I'll give it a couple weeks. If no one picks it up I might run it for a while. Wasn't there a Mud Puddle forum too?

Kinda Slow, make yourself seen in this thread!
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

Server is up!

mindless drivel to get around the character limit
Kinda Slow
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Kinda Slow »

dlh,

thanks for keeping it going as long as you have. I know there are plenty who have enjoyed it.

I don't know much about setting up a server, but would be glad to contribute if someone is interested.
Or if someone would like to do some hand-holding and help me work toward getting it set up {and I can do it at a reasonable price}, I would be willing to give it a try.
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

Kinda Slow wrote:dlh,

thanks for keeping it going as long as you have. I know there are plenty who have enjoyed it.

I don't know much about setting up a server, but would be glad to contribute if someone is interested.
Or if someone would like to do some hand-holding and help me work toward getting it set up {and I can do it at a reasonable price}, I would be willing to give it a try.
ABD, go have a look!
Kinda Slow
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Kinda Slow »

Where's the physical server now? I get about 100ms higher ping than before.
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

Bristol. I have a rack in California, lemme check it out.
saragei
Core Dumper

Post by saragei »

Thanks, Delinquent!
Kinda Slow wrote:Where's the physical server now? I get about 100ms higher ping than before.
I'd rather see it back in North America, too. There are plenty last man standing servers in Europe, but not so many overseas.
Never trust a species that grins all the time. It’s up to something. —Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
Warum sage ich überhaupt was? Das ist, als würde man seinem Navi widersprechen —Bernd das Brot, Kika-Lounge
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

I threw up an Eastern US server then. If someone has the server name that was used or something similar, feel free to put it up. If not, I'll add a little color later on.

Right now, it's just white "Mud Puddle".

Address: lightron.org
Port: 4553

Players: http://lightron.org/Servers

As long as people actually use it, I don't mind hosting it. Note that these are home hosted servers, so once in a while you may be on while I download something, though I usually try to avoid using all bandwidth with active servers. (9 MB/s DL | 4.5 Mb/s UL)

It will probably also need mods, so feel free to throw out suggestions there. If you ever need me, I'm usually available on http://lightron.org in chat.
Misery
Round Winner

Post by Misery »

Free Kill... thank you for hosting it for as long as you have. I just barely got back into trying to play again, too!
Just like Kinda Slow, I'm getting horrible pings averaging 180-200. :( Maybe I might see about hosting a server. I'm now in a position where I can possibly do that. I guess we'll see how it goes...
sinewav wrote:Wasn't there a Mud Puddle forum too?
Yes, there was. I don't know all the details to it's demise, but it was lost when Ca$h left quite some time ago.
"Music can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable."
~Leonard Bernstein
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

Cali rack will go up tonight. I didn't think about where it was hsoted before, sorry.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Hey dlh, thanks for running Mud Puddle for such a long time, it was always the best place to go to when one needed a break from fortress.