Happy Fun Time script always needs reloaded!

Topics and posts about all other servers...
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Happy Fun Time script always needs reloaded!

Post by ConVicT »

Hi there.

The server HFT needs a lot of maintenance, and i don't think Cookie has the time, or cares much about it anymore.
So just wanted to ask Cookie, or anyone who knows him personally to ask (if he doesn't see this, as i mailed him weeks back and he still hasn't seen it, guessing he no longer checks these forums) if he would consider giving me the chance of running it from my own server.

It's a very good server and i think it's a shame it's just going to waste.

Thanks.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Happy Fun Time script always needs reloaded!

Post by Light »

You're better off just rewriting it if you like it. Do something similar, even if it's not the same. That script is a bit of a mess and hogs up CPU like hell.

Anyways .. It's better to come up with something new than to just make another duplicate server.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

I tried writing script and the best i could do was "snake". where every time you hit a zone your tail gets longer.
Well i'm guessing you know what "snake" is.

I didn't mean duplicate it either, rather, he stops running it and i run it, since it's obviously just been sweeped under the rug.

Running it wouldn't be a problem, i rent a server from Duke.
Pretty sure it was run from there in the first place :)
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

ConVicT wrote:I tried writing script and the best i could do was "snake". where every time you hit a zone your tail gets longer.
Well i'm guessing you know what "snake" is.

I didn't mean duplicate it either, rather, he stops running it and i run it, since it's obviously just been sweeped under the rug.

Running it wouldn't be a problem, i rent a server from Duke.
Pretty sure it was run from there in the first place :)
I don't know if he would want that running there because it uses up a core of CPU just for the script. And when the server lags up, the things that are using a ridiculous amount of resources get shut off to avoid lagging everyone's servers. So, if you want it, you really need to remake it properly so it runs without any trouble.

There is no reason for it to take up all that CPU and I don't know how much memory it uses.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Sounds too time consuming tbh lol. That script must have took ages to write.... More that 5000 lines?

In this picture: is the kind of thing that crashes it, in my opinion.
Maybe if there was something in place that only allowed one spell every 10 seconds per player.
Attachments
376198_362319730507781_414253026_n.jpg
XD|VIPer
Average Program

Post by XD|VIPer »

I've aready had started writing a clone-or duplicate- of HFT... And its not going to be finished anytime soon.
However, the servers I host are quite laggy. I'll improve that in the future. (Wired doesn't work)
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

If you do thie script properly, you can use my server, but obviously i'll want cheat rights :) which will inevitably make me stop playing the there, cuz there's no challenge :lol:
dukevin
Round Winner

Post by dukevin »

I'll fix the script for this in a couple weeks or less. Sorry about the neglect, been really busy!
Renegade
Core Dumper

Post by Renegade »

dukevin wrote:I'll fix the script for this in a couple weeks or less. Sorry about the neglect, been really busy!
:')
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

dukevin wrote:I'll fix the script for this in a couple weeks or less. Sorry about the neglect, been really busy!
Just saw this and thought I should come by and say your doing well :D

I know it's random but I doubt it matters when trying to cheer someone up ;)

@dukevin
My offer to help you out still remains if you ever need an extra hand on things. Sure I'm in the middle of figuring out a way to fix downloading broken maps. However, that still doesn't change my mind about helping you out since you do support what I'm doing :)