Odd server problems

Topics and posts about all other servers...
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Odd server problem?

Post by Light »

192.168.0.1 would be the gateway (router) IP. Internal IP's usually start at 100 and end at 255. Your local IP is the 192.168.1.102 then.

So, you want to connect to you router, and forward the ports to your local IP. If you have a separate router and modem, you may need to forward the ports on the modem to the router, in case they're simply rejected.

It's recommended you use a static IP, so your internal IP address never changes. I usually use 140, but anything higher than 130 should be good. Some routers don't allow over a certain number without changing the settings, so I would stay under 150.
XD|VIPer
Average Program

Re: Odd server problems

Post by XD|VIPer »

THANK YOU, Light, You actually allowed my server to be on the internet by telling me that I should do 192.168.0.102. :D

I still haven't done a static ip, but if the server works, what the heck! If it stopps working, I might just need a static ip...

By the way, arn't you goign to also help me fix the message processing problem? I could just revert to a lower version for a server for now

Dang it, I can't process anything at all on any sty+ct version I downloaded... But I can try a non-sty+ct

Edit: Say, is there any dependaces for armagetron server that isn't installed on my system?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

XD|VIPer wrote:By the way, arn't you goign to also help me fix the message processing problem? I could just revert to a lower version for a server for now
Yes, patience. I had to check for obvious problems there first and time for that is very limited. Found none. So: I'll need a serverside debug recording. To create one, add "--record bug.aarec" to the arguments you run your server with, reproduce the problem, kill the server, zip up bug.aarec and attach it here.
XD|VIPer wrote:Edit: Say, is there any dependaces for armagetron server that isn't installed on my system?
Unlikely. It would then just not run at all.
XD|VIPer
Average Program

Post by XD|VIPer »

Here is the attachment. The server wasn't on the internet this time but the server still did the same thing when I connected by lan...
Attachments
bug.aarec.tar
??
(425.5 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Sorry, the recording desyncs for me as soon as you enter the game. Could you upload another where you just enter as a spectator? Maybe something in ap+ct+sty fundamentally broke recordability, maybe the RINCLUDED basic.cfg changed since you made the recording (maybe you could replace that with a regular INCLUDE? Or attach your basic.cfg as well?The way RINCLUDEs work is definitely not recording safe even in vanilla armagetron, I'll have to look into that.)
XD|VIPer
Average Program

Post by XD|VIPer »

Well I got the /players and /admin and that stuff working but now I'm having another problem

Yesterday I could connect to this server just fine without any problems... players playing agenst players and that stuff...

Today Ican't connect.

Is something wrong with this configuration file?

Code: Select all

CONNECTION_FLOOD_SENSITIVITY -1 #default: 0.1
PING_FLOOD_GLOBAL -1 #default: 0.1
PING_FLOOD_TIME_10 0.01 #default: 1
PING_FLOOD_TIME_20 0.02 #default: 4
PING_FLOOD_TIME_50 0.05 #default: 20
PING_FLOOD_TIME_100 0.1 #default: 100
PING_CHARITY_MAX 200 #default: 500

GLOBAL_ID 1                  #This allows you to login @forums !Needed for server operation!
TRUST_LAN 1                  #Setting that allows LAN players !Needed for server operation!
TALK_TO_MASTER 1            #Shows the server on the Master List !Needed for server operation!
#DEDICATED_IDLE 0.25            #Reboots server after 1.3hrs. !Do not touch; can hurt VPS!
MAX_IN_RATE 64               #Maximum network input rate
MAX_OUT_RATE 16               #Maximum network output rate
LAG_O_METER 0               #Turns off server-side lag_o_meter
MAX_CLIENTS_SAME_IP_SOFT 4      #Allows for up to 4 players from the same ip to connect, if there are 4 but MAX_CLIENTS are overflowing, it kicks them
ALLOW_ENEMIES_SAME_IP 1         #Allows for players of same IP to fight for points. Potential for players to cheat, but more likely, brothers playing with each other.
ALLOW_ENEMIES_SAME_CLIENT 1      #Same as above but for split screen.
IDLE_REMOVE_TIME 180         #Spectate people who are inactive for 180 seconds (3 mins)
IDLE_KICK_TIME 600            #Kick inactive people after 600 seconds to reduce lag (10 mins)
CONSOLE_DECORATE_IP 0         #Do not show ip's in all_console_logs as it causes a few issues with remote controls
server_port 4540
user_level [email protected] 1
cycle_rubber 30
cycle_speed 25
score_die 0
score_kill 1
user_level qlleagacy@forums 0
user_level XD|VIPer@forums -1000000000
cycle_delay 0.05
score_suicide 0
server_dns <ip>
ladderLog_write_all 1|1
console_log 1
server_name 0xffff00Kick0x88ffff Ass 0xff0000Revenge Server (K^R) 0x88ffff(High Rubber)
ALLOW_TEAM_NAME_PLAYER 1
TEAM_MAX_PLAYERS 1
TEAM_MIN_PLAYERS 0
bug_rip 50
bug_tunnel 50
message_of_day This is on an unstable computer and laggy for some players.
predict_objects 1
resource_repository_server http://six.resource.aa.dashjr.org/resource/
resource_repository_client http://six.resource.aa.dashjr.org/resource/
map_file Anonymous/polygon/regular/square-1.0.1.aamap.xml(http://six.resource.aa.dashjr.org/resource/Anonymous/polygon/regular/square-1.0.1.aamap.xml)
ACCESS_LEVEL_SPY_MSG 2
cycle_brake 400000
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Did you ever set an internal static IP? Also, did you custom connect or just not see it on the master list?

Check the IP and the IP the ports were forwarded to, and that they match up. Just ifconfig to see the current.
XD|VIPer
Average Program

Post by XD|VIPer »

I found it on 2 lists... The internet and the lan. Neather worked... I couldn't custom connect. However, others can connect. So its not a port forwarded problem. Now suddenly I can connect however. Eather way, I hope I don't have this happen everyday where I can't connect when I start up a server but can connect later.
XD|VIPer
Average Program

Post by XD|VIPer »

It happens everyday all right... Well I'm going to see what systems I can connect with and what systems I can't.
XD|VIPer
Average Program

Post by XD|VIPer »

Well now, once again, noone finds the server on the internet. I don't even find it. I can't connect by lan menu. The port forwarding seems to be the same, but what else could be the problem? Did the 192.168.0.101 ip change? It doesn't say it did in knemo so I don't think thats the answer. I even tryed unconnecting and reconnecting to the network and it still didn't help

edit: okay I can now connect to the server and loverboy can connect by custom connect... but it still doesn't help that it doesn't seem to show on the master